I know more about cars then ne1 on this site, I just don't know one thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is discplacement? I know there is know replacement for it.Can some one just explain 2 me what it is suppose 2 do and how it make the enine better?

Attachments

• picture.jpeg
    picture.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 244
Awfully presumptiuous for you to say you know more about cars than anyone here, yet know nothing about displacement.

Displacement is the referring to the cubic inch/liter size of the engine.
If you Increase displacement you increase the amount of fuel that can be burned in each cycling of the motor.
Thereby increasing HP and Torque.
Also as the Chevrolet engineers used to say (tongue in cheek) "By drilling bigger holes in the block for bigger pistons, we save some weight too."

For example, a stock SR20DETT Nissan motor displaces 2.0 liters (approx 131 cubic inches) and makes 246 HP in the Stock S-15 Silvia.
Whereas the R26DETT engine in the Skyline displaces 2.6 liters (about 157 cubic inches) makes 280HP or more in its stock configuration.

Does that help at all?

Originally posted by importjunky
What is discplacement? I know there is know replacement for it.Can some one just explain 2 me what it is suppose 2 do and how it make the enine better?

Pretty basic knowledge...there's more to cars than alloys and sport seats...

Well, unless you are a rice boy(presuming you're not................) displacement doesn't run in the vocabulary. Here, comparison:

Rice Boy vocab:

-Exhaust Tip
-Rims(luv that word!)
-Wing
-Skirts
-Body Kit
-Racing Seats
-Type-R
-Stickers
-Stickers
-Stickers!!!!!!
-turbocharger-is-a-must
-CARBON FIBRE!!!!!!!!(carbon fibre is like the god of rice)
-NOS-is-everything

Do you see displacement? I dont think so. Take a look below:

Muscle Car vocab:

-DISPLACEMENT(well well well, not surprised huh?)
-Torque
-HP
-Slicks
-Drag
-Spoiler
-Intake Scoop
-Exhaust manifold
-Intake manifold
-Burnout
-1/4 mile
-corvette
-Wheelie Bar(i bet ricers dont know this)
-Chutes
-Roll Cage
-280CID-is-crap

Originally posted by redrocker1988
if you know so much about cars then why haven't you invented one of your own yet yeah answer that will ya!!!!!!!!!!!1
Well, for the pure fact that it takes a lot of resources to go into design and development along with prototypes of the vehicle, I prefer to make my own cars using my two hands from parts that have already been manufactured, ie, A 13b engine out of a second gen. RX-7 into a first gen. Miata, before it got ran over by an SUV in the parking lot of my old job over a year ago. Is that close enough for you in regards to inventing your own?

Bravo! That's just tear jerking that some people say they know all about cars and then dont know what the heck displacement is. C'mon!!!! I don't know sh** about cars like I really should but at least I know what displacement is! Big block V8's the only way to go!!!! :mad:

i have a great poll question what do u think is better a four stroke or a two stroke engine me i prefer a two stroke because they dont have to work as hard and they do last alot longer

Originally posted by importjunky
I know there is know replacement for it.
Ha ha, you got that straight out of the description from the game! :lol:

Okay, now that we've all had a laugh at the delicious irony, let's move on...

broom.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back