I like GT7 because it lets me decorate cars and add stuff like LEGO pieces.

Just saying not much else to do. I personally added 20+ liveries to my collection in the last 24 hours. Love the stealth ones. I guess it’s because they were so special in GT5.

Although "legos" takes you pretty close..
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

do it jewish GIF

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

Make It So Star Trek GIF

Might I invite you on over to the dark side then... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt7-car-liveries-livery-editor.459/

Seriously, lots of us probably spend as much time working on liveries and photography as we do racing. I know I do.

Last edited:
What do you think we ban people for? (Although "legos" takes you pretty close...)

Fun fact about Legos! They hurt so much to step on because the foot is one of the most sensitive appendages on the human body, and it's also one of the most flexible due to its length and bone structure. Legos on the other hand are small and thanks to their rigid support structure, are very very hard, so when you step on one the brick doesn't change shape at all, but your foot on the other hand does!

Edit - I apologize if that bit of information caused anyone PTSD.

Last edited:
Fun fact about Legos! They hurt so much to step on because the foot is one of the most sensitive appendages on the human body, and it's also one of the most flexible due to its length and bone structure. Legos on the other hand are small and thanks to their rigid support structure, are very very hard, so when you step on one the brick doesn't change shape at all, but your foot on the other hand does!

Zero2Oblivious.

It is not, never has been, and never will be, Legos.

I vividly recall many such encounters and reading this I did not know whether to laugh or cry ;-)

Actually, the correct word is "legos" but none of you bother to understand how copyright works and how hard lego has fought to stop lego from becoming synonymous with "construction brick system blocks". Lego is the villain here, as they seemingly tried to stop every one from making construction blocks despite the company starting off as a generic reseller of a system they didn't even invent, but rather were trying to recoup investment on machines that could create injection molds specifically in the shape of generic building bricks. They have lost every court case in the west, from Canada, The Us, to the UK and EU. Lego does not want you to say " legos" because that add's more credence to the argument to the fact the word legos have pretty much become synonymous with building block toys because legos are generic as can be. If I dump a box of mega blocks out and the cheap **** they sell at the dollar store, you will say " that's a lot of legos on my floor", or if you are trying to be snobby " lego".

It just makes me laugh how seemingly educated people parrot corporate talking points. It's legos, and no corporation can tell me otherwise because they are desperately trying to cling to the fact they somehow own construction blocks or the name, tough **** when you yourself are a copycat.

Also , read this https://www.lego.com/en-us/legal/notices-and-policies/fair-play/

And I quote " Proper Use of the LEGO Trademark on a Web Site
If the LEGO trademark is used at all, it should always be used as an adjective, not as a noun. For example, say “MODELS BUILT OF LEGO BRICKS”. Never say “MODELS BUILT OF LEGOs”. "

In short, keep shilling for corporations, I'm sure you will be handsomely rewarded someday! /s

Last edited:
Actually, the correct word is "legos" but none of you bother to understand how copyright works and how hard lego has fought to stop lego from becoming synonymous with "construction brick system blocks". Lego is the villain here, as they seemingly tried to stop every one from making construction blocks despite the company starting off as a generic reseller of a system they didn't even invent, but rather were trying to recoup investment on machines that could create injection molds specifically in the shape of generic building bricks. They have lost every court case in the west, from Canada, The Us, to the UK and EU. Lego does not want you to say " legos" because that add's more credence to the argument to the fact the word legos have pretty much become synonymous with building block toys because legos are generic as can be. If I dump a box of mega blocks out and the cheap **** they sell at the dollar store, you will say " that's a lot of legos on my floor", or if you are trying to be snobby " lego".

It just makes me laugh how seemingly educated people parrot corporate talking points. It's legos, and no corporation can tell me otherwise because they are desperately trying to cling to the fact they somehow own construction blocks or the name, tough **** when you yourself are a copycat.

Also , read this https://www.lego.com/en-us/legal/notices-and-policies/fair-play/

And I quote " Proper Use of the LEGO Trademark on a Web Site
If the LEGO trademark is used at all, it should always be used as an adjective, not as a noun. For example, say “MODELS BUILT OF LEGO BRICKS”. Never say “MODELS BUILT OF LEGOs”. "

In short, keep shilling for corporations, I'm sure you will be handsomely rewarded someday! /s
Brands do try hard to prevent what's known as "genericide", which is when their trademarked name becomes a generic term.

Nintendo fought for this in the 90s:
1658970066083.png

Velcro tried to make a viral video about it, I guess:
(Do I need to provide a warning for censored swears on this site?)

Coca-Cola has a history of suing people over it, because "coke" has become a generic term for soda in many places, and some businesses have used it that way and got in trouble.

Here's a whole list. You might just learn some terms you use regularly are actually trademarked!

Genericide is such a fine line to these companies. Popularity of the name is great for them, but if it becomes too popular it becomes a generic term.

So what's the harm in it? To everyone but them, there is none. Think of velcro. You most certainly call it velcro if you speak English. But if you were to search for "velcro" online for example, you're going to find their brand. That's what they want to hold onto. They own that super well known term for it. That's harmful to other companies making velcro hook and loop, which means there's less competition, which ends up worse for the customer.

So call it velcro. Unless you're selling hook and loop, they can't hurt you. Call your soda coke if you'd like. Call your plastic bricks legos.

It's not like it hurts anyone but the potential profits of a few CEOs... and I'm sure they'll be just fine.

Brands do try hard to prevent what's known as "genericide", which is when their trademarked name becomes a generic term.

View attachment 1177513

Coca-Cola has a history of suing people over it, because "coke" has become a generic term for soda in many places, and some businesses have used it that way and got in trouble.

Here's a whole list. You might just learn some terms you use regularly are actually trademarked!

Genericide is such a fine line to these companies. Popularity of the name is great for them, but if it becomes too popular it becomes a generic term.

So what's the harm in it? To everyone but them, there is none. Think of velcro. You most certainly call it velcro if you speak English. But if you were to search for "velcro" online for example, you're going to find their brand. That's what they want to hold onto. They own that super well known term for it. That's harmful to other companies making velcro hook and loop, which means there's less competition, which ends up worse for the customer.

So call it velcro. Unless you're selling hook and loop, they can't hurt you. Call your soda coke if you'd like. Call your plastic bricks legos.

It's not like it hurts anyone but the potential profits of a few CEOs... and I'm sure they'll be just fine.

You missed one - Google don't want people to use "google" as a generic search term i.e "I just googled something"

You missed one - Google don't want people to use "google" as a generic search term i.e "I just googled something"

Oh I've missed plenty, I only gave a few examples and a Wikipedia list. There's tons of examples in the world.

View attachment 1177513

That wiki list has some things I don't agree with such as transformers. But yeah in Latin America " Nintendo" literally means videogame . " le gusta jugar nintendo" = " He likes to play videogames " .

Some are very interesting though, good read!

Back