I LOVE THIS GAME!

• Thread starter BarryB
  • 121 comments
It is a good thing, that this place doesn’t represent the actual majority of the player base.

I really wish they would rename this game because it’s not a Gran Turismo game.

It is just so sad to me, to see people so accepting of this game being gutted of everything that made Gran Turismo great.

I will love this game, to which I mean, I played my first time only as of 1.05. I played for 1 weekend only since game came out, (got to lvl 20 or something), but I am in no rush , I will wait for this game to mature some more before I (will) dedicate my time to it. GT5 was a nightly thing for me online, GT6 was a bit less than nightly, GTS, tried it once, but will definitely get into it as of Dec update moving forward.

I waited to purchased my first PS4(pro) for this game only anyhow.

I'm happy Shadows of Colossus remaster is coming out next year, at least I'll have a 2nd game on it.

I was blown away at how polished this game looks, and I felt giddy at the feeling from the tires about to break away from corner exit, and I was pleasantly surprised the drifting model was completely overhauled from the nightmare that was the two previous games on the T500RS, uncontrollable oversteer city.

I even loved that I had to restart my very first driving challenge 50 times before I could gold it, I had to watch the video to realize I really had to redline to revlimiter to get gold.

I will love this game, to which I mean, I played my first time only as of 1.05. I played for 1 weekend only since game came out, (got to lvl 20 or something), but I am in no rush , I will wait for this game to mature some more before I (will) dedicate my time to it. GT5 was a nightly thing for me online, GT6 was a bit less than nightly, GTS, tried it once, but will definitely get into it as of Dec update moving forward.

I waited to purchased my first PS4(pro) for this game only anyhow.

I'm happy Shadows of Colossus remaster is coming out next year, at least I'll have a 2nd game on it.

I was blown away at how polished this game looks, and I felt giddy at the feeling from the tires about to break away from corner exit, and I was pleasantly surprised the drifting model was completely overhauled from the nightmare that was the two previous games on the T500RS, uncontrollable oversteer city.

I even loved that I had to restart my very first driving challenge 50 times before I could gold it, I had to watch the video to realize I really had to redline to revlimiter to get gold.
GT has the best implementation to learn to drive fast of any game. Maybe GT should have implemented that you need to finish the campaign before unlocking GT sport. That would definately filter out the bumpercars. Or at least implement driving licenses in GT sport mode. When you finish certain sections in the campaign it would give you even more feeling of accomplishment.

It is a good thing, that this place doesn’t represent the actual majority of the player base.

It is just so sad to me, to see people so accepting of this game being gutted of everything that made Gran Turismo great.
Uuh. No offense, but there are other threads for bashing GT sport.
I believe the OP’s intention is to have people posting they love it and why they do.

Uuh. No offense, but there are other threads for bashing GT sport.
I believe the OP’s intention is to have people posting they love it and why they do.
Feel free to disagree but you might want to read the OP a little closer next time.

Feel free to disagree, but also feel free to discuss the shortcomings of the game (in your eyes) in another thread. There are plenty catering to that cause.
Yes sir! I read the OP. I mean absolutely no offense. But maybe you overlooked the last part? Or didn’t you mean me?

Feel free to disagree but you might want to read the OP a little closer next time.

I was under the impression that they were purposely leaning towards this being a slightly different version i.e more geared towards online racing hence the reason a slight adaption of the title.

Having tried GT years ago, it didn't appeal to me one bit. GT Sport however is by far better than anything else i've tried on a console.

I was initially very disappointed with the content.....before I played it.

Actually playing the game it's very enjoyable and it's so god dam polished and slick.

It's not my favorite gran turismo, that lies with gt2 for nostalgia or gt4 for content.

My favorite thing about the gt series was just how Japanese it was. I live for 80s/90s Japanese cars and that's gone (for now). I really don't care for modern supercars.
They could have at least added some original tracks. The staples like trial mountain etc. I could do without the new tokyo tracks and just stick r246 in there.

That been said with the recent future content update it has the full potential.

I own ac, pcars2 and gt. Gt is getting my full attention both online and off.
The game at it's core is superb.

Polyphony should steal the helmet cam from sms.

That's not an acceptable thing to say here I'm afraid :P

In all seriousness -- it clicks so many of the right buttons for me. I was getting bored till I replaced my broken wheel. My main complaint is the FFB but the game is a ton of fun. All my friends here have taken advantage of the sales and are loving Sports mode.

I need to stop using the Cayman though.

100% agree. This is my first post on here. I Love this game. 46 so played them all and all different types not just GT.

They said this was “Sport” focused online. Not upset that they are coming with more offline content but grinding through playing AI can be so boring and is not what what this game was about or what PD or I signed up for. 800 cars who cares. Would never have time to play with them all. LOL. Give me 100-200 quality looking and driving cars and I am in. Collecting them to sit in a garage who cares. I want to drive them and 800 cars doesn’t do me any good (my opinion).

This was online racing and it’s phenomenal. Rating B/S and the races I have had are tremendous. 20 minutes of non stop speed paying attention to every detail. Unlike other games where you can look away. Not when your in a nose to tail race for 10 laps with “clean fast drivers”.

People can bitch about the bad drivers, dive bombers etc etc. it happens, the sportmanship mode and driver rating at least improves it and they will continue to tweak all of it. Look at other driving games, non fully compare with the online experience which is what I wanted and what PD said they would deliver. More tracks sure. They will come.

Overall best racing game I have ever owned due to online racing. Other reasons GT2 and 4 were great but as far as when I sit down to have an online race this is 100% the best so far.

100% agree. This is my first post on here. I Love this game. 46 so played them all and all different types not just GT.

They said this was “Sport” focused online. Not upset that they are coming with more offline content but grinding through playing AI can be so boring and is not what what this game was about or what PD or I signed up for. 800 cars who cares. Would never have time to play with them all. LOL. Give me 100-200 quality looking and driving cars and I am in. Collecting them to sit in a garage who cares. I want to drive them and 800 cars doesn’t do me any good (my opinion).

This was online racing and it’s phenomenal. Rating B/S and the races I have had are tremendous. 20 minutes of non stop speed paying attention to every detail. Unlike other games where you can look away. Not when your in a nose to tail race for 10 laps with “clean fast drivers”.

People can bitch about the bad drivers, dive bombers etc etc. it happens, the sportmanship mode and driver rating at least improves it and they will continue to tweak all of it. Look at other driving games, non fully compare with the online experience which is what I wanted and what PD said they would deliver. More tracks sure. They will come.

Overall best racing game I have ever owned due to online racing. Other reasons GT2 and 4 were great but as far as when I sit down to have an online race this is 100% the best so far.

In a world where forums/social media is so full of people posting negative comments rather than anything positive, its quite refreshing to see so much positivity for GT Sport.

Yes sir! I read the OP. I mean absolutely no offense. But maybe you overlooked the last part? Or didn’t you mean me?

I see what you did there and it is funny but I think pocket7 is right. ;)
Feel free to do this and feel free to do that. Clear as mud. If the OP wanted an echo chamber they should have made it quite clear instead of making it wishy-washy.

Feel free to do this and feel free to do that. Clear as mud. If the OP wanted an echo chamber they should have made it quite clear instead of making it wishy-washy.

To be brutally honest, I expected this thread to die under a mountain of naysayers and never make it past a third reply, let alone third page. Anyone who disagrees with the positive nature expressed here is free to do so, its a forum after all. However, if something is that much of an annoyance that someone feels the need to rant about it, there are other threads that probably cater to a more like minded group and where it will find more favour. Im quite happy for this one thread to be an echo chamber of positivity in amongst multiple threads discussing the perceived negative aspects of the game. But as with any thread, thempublic will decide the direction it takes, not me.

I won't lie, when I saw the fantasy track list I was really disappointed. I didn't even buy the game for the first month, that's how much it bothered me that weren't a lot of real track locations.

Then I finally decide to actually buy this game, I thought if PD finally had the balls to change the format of Gran Turismo, then I have to buy it and support them. Concentrating on human multiplayer racing is a big step forward for this series, and to be honest I was bored of the same old format that all car games almost followed. Buy a car, upgrade it, tune it and beat the opponent AI in non upgraded cars. Snooze fest.

So I pop in GT Sport and the game is just gorgeous. The cars, the racing and the fantasy tracks. I absolutely love the fantasy track....I think they look fantastic and can't wait to hopefully see more. I hop into GT Sport and spend a lot of time qualifying on Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi. I bust out lap after lap and come out with a great qualifying time. I basically started 1st in the 5 races I did that day and won 3 of them. I was hooked.

I felt the same way in the beginning, as well. I have been disappointed with some of the latest fictional tracks that PD made in GT5 and GT6, but the new GTS fictionals, especially Lake Maggiore, Dragon Trail and Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa, are exceptional. I do hope that a few of the fictional stalwarts of the series, especially Grand Valley, Apricot Hill and Midfield, do come back. The last two in particular, since they were just revamped for GT6 not that long ago and it would seem like a waste of resources to do that much work and not include them in DLC.

OP was quite clear. Don’t really understand what you mean with wishy-washy (English is not my primary language) I was just pointing it out. I mean absolutely no offense! Quite clearly a misunderstanding. And I respect every post or contribution in every thread or forum. But it is refreshing to have a thread with only positive things to say and also well explained criticism, but with a positive note.

Well this is the only game that I have ever owned that I make sure to play every day. I rotate through the others in my collection but I have to put aside at least an hour a day for GTS. If I have a lot of free time then GTS gets a real workout of several hours, so, I guess I could say that I love this game.

After reading the negative impressions in the months and years before release, I hadn‘t planned on buying it at all (had set my eyes on PC2 instead). Then they released the beta, downloaded it and was so impressed by the graphics, the flawless 60fps on my Pro, the slick menues, the fast loading and especially the handling of the cars that I bought it almost at full price in the first week of release (and didn‘t even regret it when the half price sales started dropping).

It has been by far my favorite online experience of any game so far: the DR and SR system, no disconnects, fixed starting times for races (instead of lobbys, which i never liked) making it feel much more like an event every time and motivating me to better my qualifying times in the remaining time until the start of the race… a pure joy to play all around!

After reading the negative impressions in the months and years before release, I hadn‘t planned on buying it at all (had set my eyes on PC2 instead). Then they released the beta, downloaded it and was so impressed by the graphics, the flawless 60fps on my Pro, the slick menues, the fast loading and especially the handling of the cars that I bought it almost at full price in the first week of release (and didn‘t even regret it when the half price sales started dropping).

It has been by far my favorite online experience of any game so far: the DR and SR system, no disconnects, fixed starting times for races (instead of lobbys, which i never liked) making it feel much more like an event every time and motivating me to better my qualifying times in the remaining time until the start of the race… a pure joy to play all around!

You nailed it with that comment over the price drop. I had zero feeling of regret or frustration when the price dropped. Normally I would have been frustrated or angry, but I already had the feeling I got my money’s worth in the past month since release.

Penalty system ruins online races though . It is so bad that it penalizes mistakes more than dirt drivers who push you off the track . Unbelievable .

Bought GTS on Craigslist for $30
Honestly the game isn’t as bad as some reviews and people make it out to be.

I don’t care about online races so I’m patiently waiting for GT single player races and more track updates.

Couldn't agree more. I barely even want to look at GTPlanet anymore it has become such a breeding ground for nonsense speculation and pure idiocy. People always assuming the worst, ready to complain about any and everything possible.

Absolutely love GT Sport.

Penalty system ruins online races though . It is so bad that it penalizes mistakes more than dirt drivers who push you off the track . Unbelievable .

No it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
No it doesn't.

Agree. No it doesn’t.

Out of all the races I have done there has been 1-2 x I didn’t agree with the penalty but overall it’s better than no penalties. They will continue to tweak it.

I suggest watching your replays then ask yourself if it’s the right penalty or not. Still may not agree but it’s far from ruining it.

Back