I LOVE THIS GAME!

• Thread starter BarryB
  • 121 comments
I decided to create an account just to chime in on this thread.... I love the game! It's my first experience with any of the GT series. My only other history with racing was the GTA online stunt races (like hotwheels) prior to this. I got GTS upon release and played with a pad for a few days, and bought a wheel a few days after that. I play Sport mode almost exclusively and don't really have a beef with the penalty system or even other players. I've been in some really exciting, competitive races! Cheers!

It has been by far my favorite online experience of any game so far: the DR and SR system, no disconnects, fixed starting times for races (instead of lobbys, which i never liked) making it feel much more like an event every time and motivating me to better my qualifying times in the remaining time until the start of the race… a pure joy to play all around!

"fixed starting times for races (instead of lobbys, which i never liked) making it feel much more like an event every time "

This for me is exactly it

I'm really enjoying this game but it doesn't mean that I think it's perfect or that I'm a fanboy. In fact I've really only ever had a passing interest in GT games over the years but this one really got its hooks into me.

I guess if I chose to get angrily obsessed over every little thing that seemed unfair then I would no longer be playing it but I'm nearly 100 hours in which is the largest amount of time I've spent on a game for years.

I'm really enjoying this game but it doesn't mean that I think it's perfect or that I'm a fanboy. In fact I've really only ever had a passing interest in GT games over the years but this one really got its hooks into me.

I guess if I chose to get angrily obsessed over every little thing that seemed unfair then I would no longer be playing it but I'm nearly 100 hours in which is the largest amount of time I've spent on a game for years.

I didn't say that the game is bad . I am just saying that we shouldn't pretend that the penalty system they introduced it's great or something . There are a lot of issues that PD should notice . They are not hard to spot , if you get in a lobby with dirt drivers .

Sorry, I get tired of a lot of the negativity around here and felt it necessary to point out that this game exceeded all my expectations except with regard to the track list. So just to counter all the nonsense threads (because in amongst the valid and constructive criticisms there is a LOT of whiny baby bull mess) I decided to point out how happy I am with the game and (most surprisingly) the recent communication from PD.

Feel free to disagree, but also feel free to discuss the shortcomings of the game (in your eyes) in another thread. There are plenty catering to that cause.

I agree, people focus on the bad, but despite the lack of single player and online cheating, it's still such an amazing game, it says a lot when Forza regulars on Youtube like Super GT are openly praising it on every video.

They have to be so careful with any changes though. Whatever they do there is a team of thousands of complete idiots who are poised, ready and waiting to dedicate their pathetic lives to finding ways to exploit those changes to ruin things for everyone else.

I honestly don't know why people's experiences seem to differ so wildly but since I progressed to an S rating, which was quite quickly, I've had mostly really good, fair races with very few spoiled in a way that any penalty system could ever be expected to prevent.

GT5 was last entry for me. Really enjoying GT Sport. Of all the driving games played with my DS4, GT Sport is hands down the best out of the box controller setup. The cars drive great yet push too hard and you will lose control.

Graphically, the game is top notch and they have brought the car sounds on a ton since the early previews. As always with PD the replays are sublime and the added Livery Editor is a huge plus.

The new fantasy tracks for the most part are great but would love to see more 'real life' circuits where possible and have asked Santa to get PD to re-release all the old GT fantasy circuits eg. Apricot Hill, Autumn Ring, Deep Forest, Grand Valley etc. and push them out in a DLC pack.

Had my reservations in the past few years about what the game would be, wasn't blown away by the beta (but we had a GT on PS4 at least, lol) but since release and the 1.06 update, the game is making strides and fast becoming a firm GT favourite for me. With upcoming 12 car pack and GT League content, it will only add to what is already a damn good game IMO.

I agree, people focus on the bad, but despite the lack of single player and online cheating, it's still such an amazing game, it says a lot when Forza regulars on Youtube like Super GT are openly praising it on every video.

Super GT praises it but he recognized the issues . You can see from his videos that you can be bothered by dirt players

Super GT praises it but he recognized the issues . You can see from his videos that you can be bothered by dirt players

Yeah, true, but by the same token he knows how to deal with them from Forza where the dirty drivers is probably a bigger problem due to the lack of ghosting.

Yeah, true, but by the same token he knows how to deal with them from Forza where the dirty drivers is probably a bigger problem due to the lack of ghosting.

The ghosting is a funny thing really. I actually thought i wouldn't like it as it would detract from the realism but actually its something that actually adds to the game to keep things running relatively smoothly.

Penalty system ruins online races though . It is so bad that it penalizes mistakes more than dirt drivers who push you off the track . Unbelievable .
Wrong thread. You are trolling a bit. But thanks for the contribution.
But do you love the game anyways? Which aspects do you like?

Last edited:
Feel free to disagree, but also feel free to discuss the shortcomings of the game (in your eyes) in another thread. There are plenty catering to that cause.
I do not know if you realised this but you have mentioned "feel free to disagree" and then go onwards to say to "discuss the shortcomings of the game in another thread". If you wanted this thread to be a positive "vibe" one only, I would suggest you change the sentence to something like "If you feel the need to disagree, please discuss this in another thread".

Also you should not need to point out or cut off people who disagrees in this thread because "feel free to disagree" is giving them enough freedom to disagree with the OP and will voice their opinion on this thread.

Besides there is a GT Sport epic crying/praising thread already with lots of positive vibe. Not to mention a GT Sport Epic whining/crying thread aswell where the "GT defense force" disagrees with many of the complaints in the thread aswell. Think about that.

I do not know if you realised this but you have mentioned "feel free to disagree" and then go onwards to say to "discuss the shortcomings of the game in another thread". If you wanted this thread to be a positive "vibe" one only, I would suggest you change the sentence to something like "If you feel the need to disagree, please discuss this in another thread".

Also you should not need to point out or cut off people who disagrees in this thread because "feel free to disagree" is giving them enough freedom to disagree with the OP and will voice their opinion on this thread.

Besides there is a GT Sport epic crying/praising thread already with lots of positive vibe. Not to mention a GT Sport Epic whining/crying thread aswell where the "GT defense force" disagrees with many of the complaints in the thread aswell. Think about that.

Clear as day to me that he meant, feel free to disagree, but not in this thread please.

Clear as day to me that he meant, feel free to disagree, but not in this thread please.

Exactly. Im not saying everyone has to agree with what is said in this thread. But if they want to voice that disagreement, do it someplace else.

For you but not for others perhaps.

Exactly. Im not saying everyone has to agree with what is said in this thread. But if they want to voice that disagreement, do it someplace else.
Like I said my point stand corrected. Neither I say that you said all should agree.
The point is you want this to be a positive only thread and that people should post somewhere else if they want to rant. But if someone disagrees he is just supposed to say "I disagree" and move along?
That is what I meant with the whole structure and how different people will look at it differently.
Fortunately I am able to look at it at many ways and do understand your point aswell.

I have to give a shout out for Alsace Village. It has a feel of a test track such as Millbrook in the UK. The reverse version in particular has great flow. Feeling the car fight for grip on those banked, cambered curves is a massive step up for a GT game.

This game has provided me with the best racing I’ve had in a video game. There’s nothing like being on a guy’s tail and him messing up from pressure of being on him for so long. You don’t get that from AI.

The physics are best in series. The graphics are phenomenal. Best photomode in the whole industry.

This game has provided me with the best racing I’ve had in a video game. There’s nothing like being on a guy’s tail and him messing up from pressure of being on him for so long. You don’t get that from AI.

The physics are best in series. The graphics are phenomenal. Best photomode in the whole industry.
More: Better sound and Livery Editor (finally!), [and other details like watch your car in the garage in three differents modes + Dynamic Scapes...]

Didn’t play yesterday. Had about an hour this evening and got on. Did some practice laps on FIA manufacturer GR3 race.

Started 12 finished 7. 656 points.

It was instense fast and a complete joy. Registered a clean race again.

People can complain all day about flaws or things it needs and yes I want more but I agree this is best Racing game. I love this game!!!!!

100% agree but They are coming so I am happy!

Yes, I hope they bring back Trial Mountain and El Capitan, TBH I much prefer them to release older imaginary tracks than real-life circuits as these have already been done to death on every other game/sim and I think the fantasy track in GT games have always been the best.

Yes, I hope they bring back Trial Mountain and El Capitan, TBH I much prefer them to release older imaginary tracks than real-life circuits as these have already been done to death on every other game/sim and I think the fantasy track in GT games have always been the best.

I agree some of the imaginary tracks as they are incredible.

Though I don’t race ovals Or Tokyo circuits just to much bumper cars!

I decided to create an account just to chime in on this thread.... I love the game! It's my first experience with any of the GT series. My only other history with racing was the GTA online stunt races (like hotwheels) prior to this. I got GTS upon release and played with a pad for a few days, and bought a wheel a few days after that. I play Sport mode almost exclusively and don't really have a beef with the penalty system or even other players. I've been in some really exciting, competitive races! Cheers!
First off, welcome to the racing community! Secondly, really happy to hear you're enjoying Sport mode. It's nice to hear a positive experience from a new fan, happy the game design seems to work well.

I agree some of the imaginary tracks as they are incredible.

Though I don’t race ovals Or Tokyo circuits just to much bumper cars!

Agreed. I actually dislike racing in Tokyo but I think it's entirely down to that silly road 'thump' which is way too loud and wakes my wife up while I'm trying to sneak in one last race at night. (no, I don't have headphones)

Agreed. I actually dislike racing in Tokyo but I think it's entirely down to that silly road 'thump' which is way too loud and wakes my wife up while I'm trying to sneak in one last race at night. (no, I don't have headphones)

I wear the headphones to hear the car better.
Though Wife and kids close the bedroom doors upstairs so they don’t hear the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. LOL

Latest Posts

Back