I may have went overboard....

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT Motion
  • 77 comments
  • 7,810 views
Messages
1,056
Messages
GT-Motion
I started with just a single disc purchased from Wal Mart at 12am because that same day I saw on GTP that Gran Turismo 5 was finally released, and without warning because I thought the release date was just another phony one that we have come accustomed to.

So I had no place to purchase it at midnight, and I had no pre-orders placed for any special editions, then after several calls to local stores finding out that no Gamestop was doing a midnight release, I thought to myself "24 hour Wal Mart", low and behold I find myself and other GT5 fans walking into Wal Mart a little after 12am because they to just found out that same day that GT5 was finally being released and had the same idea. I had to drive 45 mins to the closest 24 hour Wal Mart where they had an elderly lady with a carton of GT5 discs to handle the random 10 guys that were ill prepared for the release but couldn't wait till morning to get their copy. After picking up the game I decided, "since I am already in this part of downtown, what the heck, lets go by Ferrari to get me in the spirit".

img20101124010556.jpg


I thought to myself, "wow, I am hardcore, driving 45 mins at midnight to a 24 hour Wal Mart then to the Ferrari dealer just to get me into the spirit". I thought I was ready, I thought I had all the GT5 equipment I needed to have fun...then, I saw someone on here mention a "Titanium Blue Japanese Edition PS3". I thought to myself, "No way, not gonna happen". Then after seeing pictures and reminding myself that I was actually in need of a Japanese DVD player I remembered there was a place in L.A. that sells Japanese games, that's where I bought my GT4 Japanese Edition 3 months before it was released in the U.S. I forgot what the place was called though, so I just searched "Japanese video games in California" and found a place in L.A. that sold the Japanese PS3 bundle. It was Friday night when I found all of this out, and they were opening at 11am the next morning and by 10am I was on my way to L.A., I just had to have the Japanese PS3 in Blue, especially since it was a GT5 special edition that came with a limited edition copy of the game with the Japanese Apex book and 5 Stealth Cars. Then, on my drive up I was greeted by a Lamborghini Murcielago in all Black blasting onto the freeway, then shortly after that got stuck in traffic next to a GTR, this did nothing but feed the hunger for GT5. :)

img20101211222330.jpg


After I got the blue PS3 I thought "Surely I am done, I now have both a Japanese PS3, the U.S. and Japanese copies of GT5, I am done".

Then I thought about the U.S. collectors edition, and the faceplate...and...well..bought them...I have not collected anything for a long while and to me GT5 is worth collecting.

So, I now had the faceplate and U.S. Collectors edition...

img20101211220550.jpg


img20101211220206.jpg


I thought I may be done, but I knew I wasn't, I had been in love with the Signature Edition since I saw the press release about it, and was quite sad to see it was only in Europe...so off I was to all kind of Euro gaming stores trying to order the Signature edition, I successfully "placed" an order with game.co.uk only to find out they don't ship packages that size overseas...and I had to resort to ebay, where I indeed found what I was looking for, and it just arrived yesterday...

img20101227132130.jpg


img20101227132406.jpg


So now, I am overwhelmed with GT5, I have 4 copies of it, two U.S., one Europe, and one Japan. Three of them are limited editions, the fourth, will be a gift to my friend.

img20101228123627.jpg


Did I go overboard? Probably....but you only get once chance to own all this stuff "new" and I thought, "why not". I am afraid that I might not be done collecting either, there are more GT5 items that I found that I might have to pick up as well. If any of you have any questions about any of the editions I am here haha. Ok, time to drive...
 
Oh. That probably is a bit overboard. :lol: You've got a nice collection though.
 
Haha this is too funny. 👍 You may have gone overboard but you only live once. I'm just like you though, when the snowball starts rolling, look out.
 
By the way, that last pic looks like it's from the back room of a Game Stop :lol:
 
Well at least you chose something that isn't as ridiculous as like...collecting cars for example. still crazysauce though. :dopey:
 
Too much disposable income!
 
I love you and I hate you.
 
When I saw the thread title and came in and saw that picture. I thought you bought a Ferrari because it came with a copy of GT5.
 
This is bad ass!! Props to u. I'm a hardcore gt fan myself and would have done that if I had the funds. The blue ps3 is just amazing!! You are missing a Racing wheel and seat tbh and you are done!! Might as well.
 
I can only assume you are now being hit with a total lack of money. That will come back to haunt you.
 
Hope you have some money left over for food.. :dopey:
 
Sooooo... I take it you'll continue to go overboard and buy the T500 RS with a cockpit on launch and tell us all about it too :D
 
This is bad ass!! Props to u. I'm a hardcore gt fan myself and would have done that if I had the funds. The blue ps3 is just amazing!! You are missing a Racing wheel and seat tbh and you are done!! Might as well.

I actually wont be buying the new wheel I already have a G25 setup and honestly would feel silly having two wheels lol I don't really feel like putting up the seat anywhere either. Wait...is that self control?
:)
 
When I saw the thread title and came in and saw that picture. I thought you bought a Ferrari because it came with a copy of GT5.

Hahahahahha I literally lol'd at this!
 
Haha yea if u have one what for. Your are set then my man!!
 
I like that titanium blue console... you've infected another with your disease... mwahahaha
 
All of that, and eventually you'll be grinding round Level 23 Indy A spec just like the rest of us...???

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Oh well, I do admire your commitment and tenacity though..

Good luck with the actual game 👍
 
19th November Order New 320GB CE Console Bundle .

00-00-14secs pick up Standard GT5 Edition from ASDA Midnight Launch .

Sameday in the Afternoon the CE Bundle arrives so now i've got two copies

2 Weeks later pop into a Game Store and Buy a DFGT .

Last Week see a Thread on here about the SE being Reduced too £89.99 Order that and get it the following day on the 23rd of December .

Not quite as overboard , just almost :lol:
 
All of that, and eventually you'll be grinding round Level 23 Indy A spec just like the rest of us...???

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Oh well, I do admire your commitment and tenacity though..

Good luck with the actual game 👍

Online races, special events, and seasonal events have fixed the "grinding". :)
 
I hate you, with a passion.
 
To me the funnest thing was last night I went into a Japanese lobby with my 787B Stealth Mazda Racecar because thats the only stealth car they didn't get. They were drifting and I just was turning laps all fast and you could hear the car screaming down the straight. I then stopped and let the car idle and they started coming up to it with their cars and all I hear is "humdunamaya ohh ahhh hindomyayaya oeoiai dija humnayayayayay!!!!"

lol
 
VERY Nice indeed. Give you mad props for have the resources to do all that! :)
 
You have too much money lol. The best thread i have seen on here so far 👍
 
hyyperactive
The ferrari dealership is open at midnight? Or did you sneak in?

He didn't tell you this, but he also bought the Ferrari dealership to "get in the spirit". :sly:
 
Such things are easy to start and almost impossible to stop once you get the collectors bug, it's why I'm sat here in front of a display case containing several thousand pounds worth of boba fett collectibles :D
 
LOL... awesome, I'm the same way, but maybe not as extreme. Nice collection, but where's the real Ferrari you bought?
 
LOL! hey i guess u only live once.
(btw first post. hi)
 
Back