I may have went overboard....

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT Motion
  • 77 comments
  • 7,810 views
Wow is all I can say... you defy words, OP.....:)

You are nothing if not hardcore!👍
 
Good sir, I salute you for you are a true GT5 fan!

I got two copies... My collector's edition was delayed, so I had to buy a standard edition because I was NOT going to wait for a week without playing it. :)
 
I also bought the regular GT5 on launch day, then the DFGT, then, what the hey - I need a new wallet (yeah, right) - bought the signature edition and finally sold the original GT5 to a friend at work.
Of all things, I like the S. E. special event the most. Training Bob, having him drive those circuits and watching the leaderboards is fun, and I think it prolongues the experience of GT5 for me as after the competition is over it'll be a new start for me to drive those, by now well known circuits myself.
The die-cast SLS AMG is also cool and has the pole position on my desk, in our den.

*edit* Sorry for a bit of an off-topic. I also thought for a second "this guy is going to buy a Ferrari".

I can't compete for the SLS (Thank God) because, I am in the U.S., if I were eligible I would be putting myself through B-Spec mode pulling my hair out, so I am glad they made it easy and limited it to the countries where the Signature Edition was sold retail, it made it easy for me. :)
 
Congratulations on going overboard, nothing wrong with that, have a bunch of fun :>)
 
When I saw the thread title and came in and saw that picture. I thought you bought a Ferrari because it came with a copy of GT5.

If I were the local Ferrari dealer I'd totally splash out on a cool newspaper ad with this offer.

"Buy a 458 Italia and get a free copy of Gran Turismo 5! Hurry, offer ends soon!"
 
Well like they say, its only money.

Enjoy.
 
I started with just a single disc purchased from Wal Mart at 12am because that same day I saw on GTP that Gran Turismo 5 was finally released, and without warning because I thought the release date was just another phony one that we have come accustomed to.

So I had no place to purchase it at midnight, and I had no pre-orders placed for any special editions, then after several calls to local stores finding out that no Gamestop was doing a midnight release, I thought to myself "24 hour Wal Mart", low and behold I find myself and other GT5 fans walking into Wal Mart a little after 12am because they to just found out that same day that GT5 was finally being released and had the same idea. I had to drive 45 mins to the closest 24 hour Wal Mart where they had an elderly lady with a carton of GT5 discs to handle the random 10 guys that were ill prepared for the release but couldn't wait till morning to get their copy. After picking up the game I decided, "since I am already in this part of downtown, what the heck, lets go by Ferrari to get me in the spirit".

img20101124010556.jpg


I thought to myself, "wow, I am hardcore, driving 45 mins at midnight to a 24 hour Wal Mart then to the Ferrari dealer just to get me into the spirit". I thought I was ready, I thought I had all the GT5 equipment I needed to have fun...then, I saw someone on here mention a "Titanium Blue Japanese Edition PS3". I thought to myself, "No way, not gonna happen". Then after seeing pictures and reminding myself that I was actually in need of a Japanese DVD player I remembered there was a place in L.A. that sells Japanese games, that's where I bought my GT4 Japanese Edition 3 months before it was released in the U.S. I forgot what the place was called though, so I just searched "Japanese video games in California" and found a place in L.A. that sold the Japanese PS3 bundle. It was Friday night when I found all of this out, and they were opening at 11am the next morning and by 10am I was on my way to L.A., I just had to have the Japanese PS3 in Blue, especially since it was a GT5 special edition that came with a limited edition copy of the game with the Japanese Apex book and 5 Stealth Cars. Then, on my drive up I was greeted by a Lamborghini Murcielago in all Black blasting onto the freeway, then shortly after that got stuck in traffic next to a GTR, this did nothing but feed the hunger for GT5. :)

img20101211222330.jpg


After I got the blue PS3 I thought "Surely I am done, I now have both a Japanese PS3, the U.S. and Japanese copies of GT5, I am done".

Then I thought about the U.S. collectors edition, and the faceplate...and...well..bought them...I have not collected anything for a long while and to me GT5 is worth collecting.

So, I now had the faceplate and U.S. Collectors edition...

img20101211220550.jpg


img20101211220206.jpg


I thought I may be done, but I knew I wasn't, I had been in love with the Signature Edition since I saw the press release about it, and was quite sad to see it was only in Europe...so off I was to all kind of Euro gaming stores trying to order the Signature edition, I successfully "placed" an order with game.co.uk only to find out they don't ship packages that size overseas...and I had to resort to ebay, where I indeed found what I was looking for, and it just arrived yesterday...

img20101227132130.jpg


img20101227132406.jpg


So now, I am overwhelmed with GT5, I have 4 copies of it, two U.S., one Europe, and one Japan. Three of them are limited editions, the fourth, will be a gift to my friend.

img20101228123627.jpg


Did I go overboard? Probably....but you only get once chance to own all this stuff "new" and I thought, "why not". I am afraid that I might not be done collecting either, there are more GT5 items that I found that I might have to pick up as well. If any of you have any questions about any of the editions I am here haha. Ok, time to drive...

WOW is all I can say!!!!!! Well done.))
 
I'm finding it hard to understand why the Collectors Edition gets a Certificate of Authenticity and the Signature Edition doesn't?
 
Last edited:
Personally I would never buy 4 copies of any game no matter how good the extras are but I have wasted much more money worse things (my brief obsession with RC helicopters comes to mind).
 
I'm finding it hard to understand why the Collectors Edition gets a Certificate of Authenticity and the Signature Edition doesn't?

the Au collectors was tbh abit crap, disc, apex book, chromelines and 5x art cards

the Au Sig & Collectors ed didn't have a CoA either...

I want the US collectors just for the GT-R lol
 
to the op ;) Nice haha someone worse than me LOL

oi but you need the AU Collectors ed

and the media kit for completion

Media Kit = Sig Ed Box with Keyring 2x Game disc's and Sig Ed art book 👍

I found a link ages ago i'll see if i can dig it up ;)

Media Kit pics
 
to the op ;) Nice haha someone worse than me LOL

oi but you need the AU Collectors ed

and the media kit for completion

Media Kit = Sig Ed Box with Keyring 2x Game disc's and Sig Ed art book 👍

I found a link ages ago i'll see if i can dig it up ;)

Media Kit pics

To be honest I already saw the media kit and I am antsy for it...haha I found a few scattered around online and I am very tempted to get one...only to complete the collection. I don't know if it necessary to buy the AU Collectors or the ASIA Collectors...it's actually not even necessary to go any further than I already have, but now that media kit is really tempting me...something more rare than the signature edition...grr
 
I convinced myself *not* to get the media pack lol it would be another $300+ however, the disc's that it come with are one of a kind...and the packaging is rather stealth and the rarity is...oh gosh...:nervous:
 
I actually wont be buying the new wheel I already have a G25 setup and honestly would feel silly having two wheels lol I don't really feel like putting up the seat anywhere either. Wait...is that self control?
:)

Yeah getting two different wheels is crazy stupid. But getting 4 copies of the same exact game is not. :sly:
 
Yeah getting two different wheels is crazy stupid. But getting 4 copies of the same exact game is not. :sly:

lol I bought the other copies because of differences. The Japanese copy actually came with the blue console so its not like I had a choice, it was already in the package. I already explained why I have two U.S. copies and one of them is a gift. Then the Euro Edition allows me to use all the DLC cars and get all the extra stuff from the signature edition that I wanted.

So in actuality I only intended on having two copies, U.S. and Euro, but ended up with U.S., Euro, and Japan (with an extra U.S.).
 
Dude, you are my hero.

To quote the words of Lewis Black, "I finally learned the meaning of the word covet. It means I want all your 🤬 now!"
 
How much did you spend, Sarge?
 
How much did you spend, Sarge?

I haven't added it up..under $1k total though. However I got an email from a guy who has the media pack, he wants $450 for it though, I guess I need to see how hardcore I really am because I really don't see how the media pack is worth $450 lol
 
Back