I may have went overboard....

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT Motion
  • 77 comments
  • 7,810 views
Dude you did it right. 👍
 
"Whilst I respect you for your commitment, I also hate you for having all the things I want.
So there is a deep respect, but peppered with hatred..."

- Russell Brand (paraphrased)
 
The ferrari dealership is open at midnight? Or did you sneak in? :sly:
I was wondering the same thing? I read a Ferrari article that they sell most Ferrari's to insomniacs!
 
So, after seeing how you had the money to to that, could I get $5 for lunch?
 
Cool story bro.

What..no one else did it.
 
GT5 from Walmart $59.99
GT5 Racing Pack $499.99
GT5 Collector's Edition $99.99
GT5 Console Cover $69.99
GT5 Signature Edition $307.56

Have them all and brag about it.............$$$ PRICELESS $$$
 
Can you use the same game save for all the games?

If you stop spending that much money all the time you'll be able to afford that Ferrari in your pic
 
Ahh wonderful, I'm green with envy..

I thought about buying a standard edition and keeping my CE wrapped up but I just couldn't do it, I need gas for my car :)
 
Yeah you went overboard. Glad my story is cheaper than yours. The Best Buy (45 mins away) I pre-ordered my CE copy from normally does midnight releases. Turned out they didn't for GT5. Didn't find out til the week of release. So I went to Best Buy 10 mins from home, and pre-ordered CE there so that at 9am I could play sooner. Well come Nov 23rd, I was so anxious to play that I ended up at Walmart myself to get the regular version. They didn't sell the CE. The clerk had copies behind the counter so they didn't have to open the locked case. I got the first copy sold.

Went straight home and did the install. Played til about 4-5am. Woke up at like 7:30-8am to play until 9 before I was to go get my CE copy ( I was going to trade in the regular at Gamestop to pre-order LB2) Well lets just say I never made it to pick up my CE copy. I was so disappointed with the Nov 24th release of GT5 that I settled for the regular version.
 
Why bother buying a Japanese and American version of the game? What a waste of your money. The only difference is like the opening theme song and some dlc.

*edit* HAHA! OMG I didn't even see until now that you also bought even more editions of the game! Dude, you gotta spend your money more wisely. You just wasted hundreds of dollars to have copies of the game collect dust!

I'd say you went overboard as a result of insanity.
 
You should have gotten a complimentary Ferrari along with all of that. 👍
 
Why bother buying a Japanese and American version of the game? What a waste of your money. The only difference is like the opening theme song and some dlc.

*edit* HAHA! OMG I didn't even see until now that you also bought even more editions of the game! Dude, you gotta spend your money more wisely. You just wasted hundreds of dollars to have copies of the game collect dust!

I'd say you went overboard as a result of insanity.

Well, let me break it down so it will make a little more sense.


1. The Console:


I bought the blue PS3 which is a Japanese slim console, and it came with a first print edition of GT5 (Japanese version). I needed a Japanese DVD player, I have several Option DVD's and other Japanese car DVD's that I cannot play on a U.S. DVD player, so my logic was, I will get this limited edition blue console which is a GT5 exclusive, and also be able to watch my Japanese car videos.

However, I had an 80gb, backwards compatible, Metal Gear Solid 4 edition PS3, which I was able to sell for $300, which absorbed most of my investment into the blue console.

So my net investment into the blue PS3 (which also serves as my Japanese DVD player) was only $200. Well worth the upgrade in my opinion.

2. The Games


The U.S. Edition, which was the first edition I bought in normal packaging, came with no DLC, and no extra goodies. A friend of mine wants the game but is tight on cash. So by me purchasing the Collector's Edition, I was able to get the cool goodies I wanted, get him his Christmas gift (GT5 standard) and not lose out really by having two U.S. copies for no reason. I will also need the U.S. Edition to compete in events held in North America, so while I will not be building up my character super huge on my U.S. account, I will have all my licenses complete, and have the game ready for things like GT Academy, which do no work with my European disc.

The Signature Edition, which is the edition I wanted most, came with all the Chromeline cars, and all the Stealth cars, you know the rest of the goodies, but they were worth it to me because I am collecting this stuff now. With the euro edition, I can use all the best DLC cars, and race with all my friends online still, so I will be using the Euro edition as my main account.

Then the Japanese Edition just came with the console.

So you can see, I now have options of competing in any competitions held in any part of the world, however, the only ones I will probably do are U.S. and Europe (if able to).
 
GT5 from Walmart $59.99
GT5 Racing Pack $499.99
GT5 Collector's Edition $99.99
GT5 Console Cover $69.99
GT5 Signature Edition $307.56

Have them all and brag about it.............$$$ PRICELESS $$$

The console cover is only $19.99 :)
 
Well, I would say you didn't waste your money but rather invested!
Good job sir, I bow to you!

Wish I could get all those goodies....
 
Can you use the same game save for all the games?

If you stop spending that much money all the time you'll be able to afford that Ferrari in your pic

You have a different game save for each edition of the game, and can only compete in seasonal events that are assigned for your region. So for GT Academy I have to use my U.S. disc, but for everything else I can play on the Euro disc, but I cannot carry over my progress from my U.S. disc.

I don't always spend money like this, this was the first time I have spent a significant amount of money collecting something. When you think about it, I spent a decent amount less than $1000 when everything was said and done, so if you have those people who spent $300 on a G27 then $100 on a CE, then $200 or $300 on a console they are in the same boat, I just went abroad for what I bought and I already have a wheel so no need. :)
 
Having gone totally overboard with previous GT releases... eventually...

GT1 (PAL, US and Japan)
GT2 (PAL, US - multiple versions and Japan)
GT3 (PAL with wheel, US and Japan)
GT Concept (2001, 2002 Tokyo Seoul, 2002 Tokyo Geneva - PAL and Japan)
GT4 (Japan, Asian - Japanese, Asian - Chinese, US, PAL, Korea)
TT (Japan, Asian, US and PAL... I think)
GT5P (Japan, US and PAL Blu-Rays)

I didn't even pre-order GT5 (lack of funds!). Now if I could somehow get a Japanese GT5... I downloaded those Chrome Line cars on my Japanese account!)
 
The console cover is only $19.99 :)

I just grab the first prices that came up.

Now you have to get all the posters, crome line cars, etc.....
Let me know when you have them all...:):):)
 
Are those face plates only for the slims?
 
Jeez, do you have GT toilet paper in your bathroom?
 
I just grab the first prices that came up.

Now you have to get all the posters, crome line cars, etc.....
Let me know when you have them all...:):):)

Well in game I have Chromeline for all three editions, and 5 Stealth cars on the Japanese Edition, then all 6 Stealth cars for the Euro edition.

If you are talking about die cast, I won't collect them unless they are 1:18, and not a Skyline :)
 
Jeez, do you have GT toilet paper in your bathroom?

GT:TP

gttp.png
 
How did you afford this?,
and why was a ferrari dealership open at midnight?
 
Having gone totally overboard with previous GT releases... eventually...

GT1 (PAL, US and Japan)
GT2 (PAL, US - multiple versions and Japan)
GT3 (PAL with wheel, US and Japan)
GT Concept (2001, 2002 Tokyo Seoul, 2002 Tokyo Geneva - PAL and Japan)
GT4 (Japan, Asian - Japanese, Asian - Chinese, US, PAL, Korea)
TT (Japan, Asian, US and PAL... I think)
GT5P (Japan, US and PAL Blu-Rays)

I didn't even pre-order GT5 (lack of funds!). Now if I could somehow get a Japanese GT5... I downloaded those Chrome Line cars on my Japanese account!)

After I know I am done with collecting the GT5 stuff I am going to slowly start finding new copies of all the older GT's, I owned them all at one time, but I was younger and ended up getting rid of them when the new system and game came out. I am going to backtrack one day, and hopefully have a GT collection like yours with all the older versions.
 
lol I thought you were going to buy a Ferrari
 
haha well definitely overkill for most GT fans, but that's cool!
 
I also bought the regular GT5 on launch day, then the DFGT, then, what the hey - I need a new wallet (yeah, right) - bought the signature edition and finally sold the original GT5 to a friend at work.
Of all things, I like the S. E. special event the most. Training Bob, having him drive those circuits and watching the leaderboards is fun, and I think it prolongues the experience of GT5 for me as after the competition is over it'll be a new start for me to drive those, by now well known circuits myself.
The die-cast SLS AMG is also cool and has the pole position on my desk, in our den.

*edit* Sorry for a bit of an off-topic. I also thought for a second "this guy is going to buy a Ferrari".
 
Back