I present to you: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that's a hi-res version of the track in GT4. I'll still take it, but I don't think PD are about to release a Nurburgring update in GT5P.
Looking at the barriers in the 2nd pic I'd definitely agree with that, it's the GT4 track model with high res textures. Hopefully they're working on a new model of the track to be ready for GT5's release, I'd love them to keep the bumps right from GT4 but match the layout accuracy that Konami did in EPR.

Looking at the barriers in the 2nd pic I'd definitely agree with that, it's the GT4 track moedl with high res textures. Hopefully they're working on a new model of the track to be ready for GT5's release, I'd loe them to keep the bumps right from GT4 but match the layout accuracy that Konami did in EPR.
Hmm... yeah, didn't notice that before. Some bits have been done, some haven't.

I have a feeling that's a hi-res version of the track in GT4. I'll still take it, but I don't think PD are about to release a Nurburgring update in GT5P.

I agree, it does look like an upscaled GT4 Nurburgring. If it is the true GT5 Ring then it's not really that bad, because the track is nothing more then a strip of road with a million trees on either side

Also this track will be no good online, no one will race it and those who do will quit after they crash for the 5th time and the leader is 1 minute ahead. That means a higher ratio of quitters ruining races.

Tire Wear, fuel usage, Longer online Races, Private Rooms > Nurburgring

I just noticed, there is somekind of download in news section about Nurburgring...

And it loads very slowly.

I agree, it does look like an upscaled GT4 Nurburgring. If it is the true GT5 Ring then it's not really that bad, because the track is nothing more then a strip of road with a million trees on either side

Also this track will be no good online, no one will race it and those who do will quit after they crash for the 5th time and the leader is 1 minute ahead. That means a higher ratio of quitters ruining races.

Tire Wear, fuel usage, Longer online Races, Private Rooms > Nurburgring

My what a positive fellow you are.

I'll race it. I get to host a lot of races on line I don't quit.

That means a higher ratio of GTP,GTRP,GT5net and GTNDC racers making more awesome racing:)

There is nothing better then this track.When this comes to life,my day job ends.Maybe a little difficult to some off us?

BEAUTIFUL!!! That would be fantastic if there is an update in the very near future. When exactly does the 24 hour race take place?

My what a positive fellow you are.

I'll race it. I get to host a lot of races on line I don't quit.

That means a higher ratio of GTP,GTRP,GT5net and GTNDC racers making more awesome racing:)

I am with you on this brother. I took out my router so I can host most of the races I run.... I do hate the online, can't finish the race if I am losing, NFS, Fast and the Ferious Drivers.... but I will take my chances and run this track everytime I race online because of how great it is....

is it too much to ask for a RUF 911 GT2 for this track when and if we ever get the update?

When exactly does the 24 hour race take place?

The 24h Nurburgring starts tomorrow at 3:00pm local time. At approx. 11:00am (also local time), 2 Porsche RS Spyders driven by Timo Bernhard and Romain Dumas will do demo laps on the ring.

is it too much to ask for a RUF 911 GT2 for this track when and if we ever get the update?

An Audi R8 Race Car wouldn't be bad either...

9080519.002.1M.jpg

I also just found this piece of news.

"Gran Turismo” will be covering this event in detail, and will be providing the footage as original content for “Gran Turismo TV” at a later date."

The 24h Nurburgring starts tomorrow at 3:00pm local time. At approx. 11:00am (also local time), 2 Porsche RS Spyders driven by Timo Bernhard and Romain Dumas will do demo laps on the ring.

An Audi R8 Race Car wouldn't be bad either...

9080519.002.1M.jpg

I also just found this piece of news.

"Gran Turismo” will be covering this event in detail, and will be providing the footage as original content for “Gran Turismo TV” at a later date."

Will this be on tv at all?

that would be awesome if they would put this track out there for DLC it would make my day and probably the only event i would do for at least a week.

Lovely to see some teasers of the Nurburgring in GT5P. Nurburgring is by far the biggest thing I miss from GT4 and really look forward to it, but I don't hold a lot of hope for it before full GT5.

GT5 prologue, spec II. Now onsale, only 39.90!
;)

Check the top left of the screen of the very first photo... :Gran Turismo Prologue Spec II

So as not to get everyone excited we are already at GT5P Spec II.

The Spec II title came along with the update that allowed ABS to be switched off, that's not to say they may not release the 'ring, rather that Spec II beingon it just indicates it using the same build that we currently have.

Regards

Scaff

Its not a high res version. I know because if you look at the second picture down and look at the guard rail on the left you will see its not rounded off like the GT4 track.

damn man you have made my day! My questions are has anybody tried this? And also is the track a teaser demo with a iimited time? :@ or no timer?

Its not a high res version. I know because if you look at the second picture down and look at the guard rail on the left you will see its not rounded off like the GT4 track.
The GT4 track isn't rounded off, it's just less noticable because the whole thing is lower res.

I've heard so much good of Nurburgring, can't wait to try it out. (new to Gran turismo/racing)

If so, I recommend buying GT4 and starting to learn the track. It is, BY FAR, the best racetrack ever constructed !...

;)

The GT4 track isn't rounded off, it's just less noticable because the whole thing is lower res.

Ive just loaded up GT4 and you are right but still wrong. It isnt totally rounded off but its not pointing out as much. I stopped my car beside that bit of the track just to have a look. Also just behind the red 350Z in the second pic theres another pointy part of the barrier that isnt in GT4. Anyway who cares. If we get this track in GT5:P it will be a big bonus. They can smooth out those edges as time goes by.

If PD release the green hell as an update to Prologue it would be a shame as far as I'm concerned

That would destroy the 'WOW Factor' of the full GT5.

arvin charles thank you very much for the links :)
And PD please put Nur into GT5P ! :)

If PD release the green hell as an update to Prologue it would be a shame as far as I'm concerned

That would destroy the 'WOW Factor' of the full GT5.

So is it just the Green Hell that your looking forward to in GT5? Surely your waiting for all the other tracks , Proper championships , car tuning and car modding. If not then the game is a waste of time for you. Theres goint to be a lot more to the game than just the one track.

No, he isn't saying that. What he's saying is basically that PD should leave the best stuff for GT5 and not provide it for download in GT5:P. Having the best things in GT5:P will only reduce the impact GT5 will have when it finally arrives.

Personally GT5:P is fine as it is now, there should be no more content added to it in terms of cars and tracks imo.

I think GT5:P was a bit too short in the ammount of races compared to the ammount of cars that can be bought. I finished the game and only had about 6 out of 70 cars. But if Nordschliefe was released to GT5:P with a 24 hour race to match then it would extend the gameplay greatly and a lot of people would play GT5:P a lot more. It would help with the wait and anticipation in waiting for GT5. But thats my opinion.

BTW the live feeds posted for the 24 hour races are live now.

I partly agree with you Dave, yes I do think the best stuff should be reserved for the full game, and that includes Nordie.

But that doesn't mean that we should really sit around for the next 12 months twiddling our thumbs with the same cars and same tracks. PD should give us something, even if that's another couple of cars to help spice up the online racing. Surely they have something tucked up their sleeve to keep interest ticking over for the next year or so.

BTW, I guarantee, we won't be seeing GT5 for at least another 15 months. We'll be lucky to get it before Christmas 2009....

Surely they have something tucked up their sleeve to keep interest ticking over for the next year or so.

They do have something tucked up their sleeve, apparent damage and a much needed online community update not to meantion what else they have in plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back