I ruined my primary profile with the VGT selling glitch and now I regret it.

Next interview someone need to ask Kaz if he grinds away his precious time and if not then why the 🤬 he expect us to do it ?

Time is the most valuable thing in the world. It can't be stopped, it can't be slowed down and each of us have a limited amount of it. Grind is the old design and have no place in modern world with a vast array of interesting things to see and try.

Another strange thing about it is that those superbly detailed cars take huge amount of hours to create - why would you lock it out behind a 20mln price tag thus limiting your audience ?

An artist that hides his masterpiece ? Not a common occurrence.

[bold]Next interview someone need to ask Kaz if he grinds away his precious time and if not then why the 🤬 he expect us to do it ?[/bold]

Time is the most valuable thing in the world. It can't be stopped, it can't be slowed down and each of us have a limited amount of it. Grind is the old design and have no place in modern world with a vast array of interesting things to see and try.

Another strange thing about it is that those superbly detailed cars take huge amount of hours to create - why would you lock it out behind a 20mln price tag thus limiting your audience ?

That's why you can buy credits on the psn. Another reason I don't feel bad about using the glitch. Not a lot of honor in pulling the coiner stunt the way they did. The glitch I think was karma.

First, there are only a few P330's left in the world, and maybe one XJ13. Clearly, only a few lucky people can own these cars, which is why the market value is bid up.

But even current model Ferraris are works of art in the eyes of many people. Are you saying that craftsmanship--that art--should be available to the masses at Camry or Prius prices?

I hope not.

You know, buy Merc VGT cheap, reload game, sell high, fill garage. I was on cloud nine. I had all the cars and life was good.

It has totally killed the replay value and now I feel crappy when I play. I tried playing a secondary profile but I don't have near the friends list there so seasonals suck and there's just something less fun when your earning trophies for your secondary account.

My advice to you is don't use exploits if you get the chance and you'll have a better time later in the game.

I know this has been patched out but I just needed to get it off my chest.

Nah, I feel the opposite. Tons of cars in the game (Some of them are incredibly expensive and reach millions in credits) and not a lot of money going around, thanks to Sony's stupid decision of including microtransactions in the game. And yet, I can't utilize said feature because my PSN account is R1, and my game disc is R3. In order for you to use said feature, your game disc and PSN account have to be the same region. Sony should have seen this coming that microtransactions wasn't a smart idea right from the get-go. Have you seen the amount of money each race gives you in the Career Mode? It's chump change. Worse if you can't go online and get those daily log-in bonuses.

I would've quit playing GT6 far earlier if not for the glitch. People can speak for themselves about this "earning the cars" idea, but I'd rather be playing the game I bought with the cars I want/enjoy than end up hating the game because it'd insist on artificially extending my play time with grinding.

I'm an adult, I don't have hours on end of free time each day for something like that.

I'm with this 120% the whole way (makes sense :dunce:) Being an adult, work takes a whole lot of my time off playing video games. It's only at weekends that I really get to play, but even then, being a gamer, that's not enough :D and being an adult, I'm also not a fan of grinding. Grinding in a GT game is just ridiculous. This isn't an MMO, it's a racing game with online features included in it.

(Some of them are incredibly expensive and reach millions in credits) and not a lot of money going around, thanks to Sony's stupid decision of including microtransactions in the game.

How do micro transactions factor in?

I have one account that I use only for seasonals. That's only 20-30 minutes per week to achieve gold. Since mid-December, I've earned about $200,000,000 on that one account. I am forced to either buy expensive cars or forfiet anything that scrolls over $50,000,000.

There are PLENTY of available credits!

Don't have 20-30 minutes per week? B-Spec the S "endurance" races. You can earn millions while showering, driving to work, changing diapers, watching a movie with your wife, or doing more interesting things.

Again: No sympathy for those who claim credits are scarce!

First, there are only a few P330's left in the world, and maybe one XJ13. Clearly, only a few lucky people can own these cars, which is why the market value is bid up.
That applies to the cars in real life. Not the virtual representations in a game with an already arbitrary game economy.

That applies to the cars in real life. Not the virtual representations in a game with an already arbitrary game economy.
So, people complain that it's more of a game than a sim, and also complain that some elements are too realistic.

Got it.

Not really--because you can't have both.

I didn't do that, but i did grind a lot.

And i'll tell you something - it was AWESOME.

Bought every 20/15/10 million car, all LMPs, everything i considered worth getting (~300 cars) and i don't regret it, at all. Not one bit. Mostly because i had a lot of fun, using different cars, blasting heavy metal on my headphones late at night and putting some good mileage on my wheel.

Once i sorted out my garage, worked for that 100% and trophies using one great car for each race instead of the same ones over and over again.

So relax, find ways to use and enjoy all your cars :cheers:

Don't have 20-30 minutes per week? B-Spec the S "endurance" races. You can earn millions while showering, driving to work, changing diapers, watching a movie with your wife, or doing more interesting things.

Again: No sympathy for those who claim credits are scarce!
There was no BSpec when the game was launched and Seasonal payouts were rather low. If you wanted to go online with a good roster of cars and be competitive in the first few months, you had to grind like the dickens for some time to build up your garage.

Also, if you can earn credits through BSpec, which is literally not playing the game but letting the game play the game, why bother with a game economy at that point? You're just hiding the content away behind some arbitrary time restriction and at the same time, decreasing the life of your $400 console by doing so. The life of your console is shortened by an hour, for every hour you leave it on for BSpec. You're exchanging console life-hours to build your garage.:odd:

The price of all cars in the game and the methods used to get them into the player's hands is completely arbitrary. I think @TurismoBad said it best:
Time is the most valuable thing in the world. It can't be stopped, it can't be slowed down and each of us have a limited amount of it. Grind is the old design and have no place in modern world with a vast array of interesting things to see and try.Another strange thing about it is that those superbly detailed cars take huge amount of hours to create - why would you lock it out behind a 20mln price tag thus limiting your audience ?

But even current model Ferraris are works of art in the eyes of many people. Are you saying that craftsmanship--that art--should be available to the masses at Camry or Prius prices?
Absolutely, if economically feasible. In real life there are limits on what can be made and how quickly in can be made, so expensive Ferraris are reasonable. In a video game infinity Ferraris can be had for no effort and should not require effort to get, at least not in a game where the point is racing. If anything else leaving players the option to pay for cars or not lets everyone win.

JP, we've had a few conversations about this since 12/2013, and I know where you stand--and I know you won't move.

I just think most people (not you) are doing a lot of unfounded whining.

As for the last sentence you quoted? I actually wish we had the UCD to increase the rarity of some cars. While you want EVERYTHING waiting in your sand box, I lament the day EVERYTHING became available to purchase in the dealership. Credits are too easy to acquire, so all cars are readily available--and prize cars have virtually no value.

too realistic.

In real life these are cars with considerable racing provenance and/or extreme rarity.

The 1964 Ford GT40 original lightweight prototype went for 7 million last year.
The only remaining sister GT40 to the 1968/1969 Le Mans winner, which had its own extensive race wins and was personally used by Steve McQueen as a camera car for the movie Le Mans, went for 11 million a few years earlier.
A GT40 Mark IV official continuation car went for $660,000 6 months ago.
The only Ferrari P4 that has gone on auction in the past 20 years was the second one, chassis number 858. It has the most extensive racing history of any of them, and it failed to sell when it didn't even make it to 10 million.
The Lamborghini Miura SV prototype used extensively by Lamborghini to certify the car for sale in the US went for 2.3 million. It remains the record for the price paid for a Miura.
One of the very few Lamborghini Miura SVJ models officially converted by the factory and confirmed by the Bob Wallace and Cluadio Zampoli themselves to be an official car, sold for 1.9 million.
The last time an Alfa Romeo TZ2 was at auction, it failed to reach 2 million and didn't sell.
The Shelby Cobra Daytona FIA GT championship winning car went for 7.7 million.

In the game these are cars with no racing provenance and are functionally infinite in how many can be attained.

The Ford GT40 Mirage costs 20 million credits.
The Ferrari P4 (which is argued about whether it is actually a "true" P4) costs 20 million credits.
The Ford GT40 Mk IV costs 20 million credits.
The Lamborghini Miura P400 final prototype costs 15 million credits.
The Alfa TZ2 costs 10 million credits.
The Shelby Cobra Daytona costs 4.5 million credits.

Even assuming that the GT5/GT6 era titles correlate to some sort of dollar amount like they sorta did for the GT1/GT2 titles, where does the realism come into play?

Also:
Not really--because you can't have both.
Without two contrasting requests from one member, this doesn't mean anything.

Absolutely, if economically feasible. In real life there are limits on what can be made and how quickly in can be made, so expensive Ferraris are reasonable. In a video game infinity Ferraris can be had for no effort and should not require effort to get, at least not in a game where the point is racing. If anything else leaving players the option to pay for cars or not lets everyone win.
So why not make all cars free (in game)?. Why have an economy at all? Using your reasoning, there should be no price differentials, no economic considerations for upgrades, no prize money, and no prize cars! No earning paint chips, no unlocking courses, no material rewards at all. After all, it's all coded, all costs are sunk, and the cost of infinite copies approaches zilch. Your only reward is the satisfaction of driving a good race.

I think many, if not most, would find that even more boring than paying your virtual dues to earn your way up the rungs.

In real life these are cars with considerable racing provenance and/or extreme rarity.

The 1964 Ford GT40 original lightweight prototype went for 7 million last year.
The only remaining sister GT40 to the 1968/1969 Le Mans winner, which had its own extensive race wins and was personally used by Steve McQueen as a camera car for the movie Le Mans, went for 11 million a few years earlier.
A GT40 Mark IV official continuation car went for $660,000 6 months ago.
The only Ferrari P4 that has gone on auction in the past 20 years was the second one, chassis number 858. It has the most extensive racing history of any of them, and it failed to sell when it didn't even make it to 10 million.
The Lamborghini Miura SV prototype used extensively by Lamborghini to certify the car for sale in the US went for 2.3 million. It remains the record for the price paid for a Miura.
One of the very few Lamborghini Miura SVJ models officially converted by the factory and confirmed by the Bob Wallace and Cluadio Zampoli themselves to be an official car, sold for 1.9 million.
The last time an Alfa Romeo TZ2 was at auction, it failed to reach 2 million and didn't sell.
The Shelby Cobra Daytona FIA GT championship winning car went for 7.7 million.

In the game these are cars with no racing provenance and are functionally infinite in how many can be attained.

The Ford GT40 Mirage costs 20 million credits.
The Ferrari P4 (which is argued about whether it is actually a "true" P4) costs 20 million credits.
The Ford GT40 Mk IV costs 20 million credits.
The Lamborghini Miura P400 final prototype costs 15 million credits.
The Alfa TZ2 costs 10 million credits.
The Shelby Cobra Daytona costs 4.5 million credits.

Even assuming that the GT5/GT6 era titles correlate to some sort of dollar amount like they sorta did for the GT1/GT2 titles, where does the realism come into play?

Also:

Without two contrasting requests from one member, this doesn't mean anything.
My first quote was taken completely out of context--I was not stating my own opinion, but rather paraphrasing common complaints from other users.

Your second comment is asinine. In the GTP community, there are several schools of thought. I paraphrased complaints from two of them. Those complaints need not come from the same mouth to be valid. There are different groups who would like to pull this game in different directions. Not everybody can win this. This point should be obvious to any thinking person.

If this ends up a double post, I apologize. I didn't see these selective quotes out of context until after I made my last post.

My first quote was taken completely out of context
No it wasn't. You were the one who tried to correlate fictional representations of cars with real cars with real rarity and real provenance:
I responded to that post initially, saying it doesn't apply because GT6's prices for the truly expensive cars are completely arbitrary. Now I am explaining why they are completely arbitrary.

Your second comment is asinine.
:lol:

So why not make all cars free (in game)?. Why have an economy at all? Using your reasoning, there should be no price differentials, no economic considerations for upgrades, no prize money, and no prize cars! No earning paint chips, no unlocking courses, no material rewards at all. After all, it's all coded, all costs are sunk, and the cost of infinite copies approaches zilch. Your only reward is the satisfaction of driving a good race.

I think many, if not most, would find that even more boring than paying your virtual dues to earn your way up the rungs.
@Exorcet said, "If anything else leaving players the option to pay for cars or not lets everyone win", and I wholeheartedly agree. I don't think anyone is advocating getting rid of the game economy for those that want it, we'd just like to see more than one way to approach the game and one of those ways is a sandbox mode where all the content is available day 1. I'd choose that, but I don't want you, or others, to have to choose that. I think you should be able to choose a classic GT career if that's what you want.

I believe the time has come to scrap the whole one-size-fits-all approach to the game. It just doesn't work for a lot of people.

No it wasn't. You were the one who tried to correlate fictional representations of cars with real cars with real rarity and real provenance:

I responded to that post initially, saying it doesn't apply because GT6's prices for the truly expensive cars are completely arbitrary. Now I am explaining why they are completely arbitrary.

:lol:
Nope.

If you had quoted my full sentence--even without context--it would not have supported your nonsense.

In fact, your own listing of auction prices supported the point that the existence of pricing differentials are valid. While the actual prices might not be spot on, neither are some of the overly generous purses.

As for provenance? Give me a break. Many of the cars are numbered for a reason. And how many XJ-13's were actually built--are you suggesting there's ANY possibility to mistake it's history?

If you have a valid point, quote fairly and think for a second.

Nope.

If you had quoted my full sentence--even without context--it would not have supported your nonsense.
What nonsense? That the car prices in GT5/GT6 are arbitrary? That the circumstances for the car prices in real life don't apply to the car prices in GT5/GT6? TurismoBad was very clearly talking about the car prices of specific cars in the game and amount of work needed to get them secluding them from people. That was the context. You responded to him by talking about real cars and what drives their real life values. I pointed out that real cars can't be directly compared, then provided information to show why I felt they can't be as the game has done so; then provided as closely direct comparisons as I could find for a wider price range than TurismoBad originally brought up.
I never said that price differentials shouldn't exist, which is why I didn't comment on your new Ferrari vs. new Camry comparison. What I was talking about was the way they are actually implemented are neither realistic in execution nor directly comparable to real life in the justification given for their in game prices. When the upper tier cars can cost over ten million more units of currency in the game as they probably would in real life, it seems to stand to reason that it isn't done for the benefit of gameplay purposes; and even moreso that any attempt to show differences in values between cars with historic presence is heavily skewed.

As for provenance? Give me a break. Many of the cars are numbered for a reason. And how many XJ-13's were actually built--are you suggesting there's ANY possibility to mistake it's history?
Its history certainly isn't "Jaguar built an infinite amount of them that can be bought brand new at any time".

If you have a valid point, quote fairly and think for a second.
I'm honestly cannot understand why you are showing so much vitriol over this.

What nonsense? That the car prices in GT5/GT6 are arbitrary? That the circumstances for the car prices in real life don't apply to the car prices in GT5/GT6? TurismoBad was very clearly talking about the car prices of specific cars in the game and amount of work needed to get them secluding them from people. That was the context. You responded to him by talking about real cars and what drives their real life values. I pointed out that real cars can't be directly compared, then provided information to show why I felt they can't be as the game has done so; then provided as closely direct comparisons as I could find for a wider price range than TurismoBad originally brought up.
I never said that price differentials shouldn't exist, which is why I didn't comment on your new Ferrari vs. new Camry comparison. What I was talking about was the way they are actually implemented are neither realistic in execution nor directly comparable to real life in the justification given for their in game prices. When the upper tier cars can cost over ten million more units of currency in the game as they probably would in real life, it seems to stand to reason that it isn't done for the benefit of gameplay purposes; and even moreso that any attempt to show differences in values between cars with historic presence is heavily skewed.

Its history certainly isn't "Jaguar built an infinite amount of them that can be bought brand new at any time".

I'm honestly cannot understand why you are showing so much vitriol over this.
Vitriol? Look it up.

As for arbitrary prices? Granted, they're not exact. Nothing in the game is exact. But who said "credits" are USD? Pick any currency and you'll probably find the price differences between vintage race cars and low end Corollas are proportional enough for a video game in which we can earn 2-3 million credits in the twenty or thirty minutes it takes to complete our weekly seasonals.

Gotta love your rational(?) behind a one-off Jag somehow losing provenance simply because it's digital implementation can be reproduced for everyone.

Earning money to buy certain vehicles is what makes GT fun in some ways, but grinding for a large amount of credits can get pretty annoying, especially if it's just for one car.

I wish I had cheated hundreds of millions of credits from the game when I had the chance.

I race every night, online about two hours a night. That is about three tracks, three races each track. Online pays absolute crap.

I have about 1.7 million right now. (I bought that damn schwimmwagen for about 675,000cr the other day, plus the parts to get it up to 425pp with RS tires)
I mostly buy cheap cars. I can't even imagine how long it would take to buy a Miura unless I started doing heavy duty grinding.

Don't know if you can still do the VGT glitch but if you can, I urge you to do it! The game has opened up to me because of the glitch and I can race anything I want, however I want to! I don't even bother looking in the garage, when I want a car, I just buy it new :) oh bliss!
I'm really looking forward to GT7 and really hope that a similar exploit will come up for it as well! ;)

So why not make all cars free (in game)?. Why have an economy at all?
Why not? Well I don't know, because I don't see a reason, but if anyone ever did have the desire spend credits they could do so with the flip of a virtual switch. Games are accommodating like that, at least when well designed.

Then they can just choose to use credits and lose nothing. Certainly, many agree with me or entire genres (mostly high end sims) would not exist in their current, creditless form.

Vitriol? Look it up.

As for arbitrary prices? Granted, they're not exact. Nothing in the game is exact. But who said "credits" are USD? Pick any currency and you'll probably find the price differences between vintage race cars and low end Corollas are proportional enough for a video game in which we can earn 2-3 million credits in the twenty or thirty minutes it takes to complete our weekly seasonals.

Gotta love your rational(?) behind a one-off Jag somehow losing provenance simply because it's digital implementation can be reproduced for everyone.
Do you not see how ridiculous it is that the entire game economy is designed around those few high priced cars and that it completely distorts the 95% of the game that doesn't involve those cars? People talk all the time about "earning" cars and the satisfaction of "car ownership". How much satisfaction can you feel when you do a 20 minute race and you can literally buy 100 or more cars with your winnings? Since the races aren't even competitive, in essence all you are really doing is hiding the high priced cars behind an arbitrary time wall. "We've made these very cool and rare cars, but you don't get to drive them or use them unless you put X hours into doing things you probably don't want to do, that aren't fun or competitive"

As I said earlier, it's fine if you want to do this, and that option should be available to those that want it, but a good number of us would rather just see all the content unlocked so we can enjoy it.

It has totally killed the replay value and now I feel crappy when I play. I tried playing a secondary profile but I don't have near the friends list there so seasonals suck and there's just something less fun when your earning trophies for your secondary account.
Why don't you just delete your save file?

Why don't you just delete your save file?

The BMW M4 Coupé Frozen Black Metallic is no longer available and I'm sure I'd never get some of those rare paint chips again. Other than that I'm all for it. In fact I've got my #2 profile primed and ready for a clean start once (if) the CM drops.

The seasonal paint chips are on a constant rotation. It might take a while but you can probably get them. Is it really crucial to have the M4 in frozen black metallic?

Back