I there a cheaper way to upgrade the g27's springs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 300SRT8Fan
  • 4 comments
  • 1,249 views
Messages
621
United States
United States
The only spring I saw was for 30 dollars. Is there a cheaper way to upgrade it?
 
There is the old foam ball under the pedal trick but if you get the gteye spring it's progressive,deffinetly worth the money.
 
there is the old foam ball under the pedal trick but if you get the gteye spring it's progressive,deffinetly worth the money.

+1
 
A piece of spear gun rubber, 1 inch long, inside the brake spring works a treat.
 
I replaced some time ago the original brake pedal spring with this one:

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/pro...r-spring-progressive-2-4x58mm-red-2-pce-.html

I used it for one year with very good results, I suppose you can find this spring in USA.

The feeling is a bit better than the foam I put there before the updated spring and it's close to the feeling of my CSR elite pedals (load cell brake).

I had to cut a bit the "cross" shape that is inside the G27 red container of the spring because the spring was a bit narrow, if you don't want to cut the plastic you can put there a coin over the cross shape as a base for your spring, I suppose too the spring will be stronger to press as it'll be a bit more compressed.
 
Back