I think I need a cockpit... (7th November 2012)

• Thread starter the_greeze
  • 347 comments
Can you share your Sketchup file?
I will certainly share the file (and also the dimensions) once I've actually built the frame. I just want to make sure it all works out okay before I post the plans! đź‘Ť
I'm in the process of making my own cockpit and I plan to use your (or chilicoke's) design as a basis, and the dimensions would be really nice to have (planing to model my own version with personal preferences in AutoCAD first). I've searched trough this tread (briefly), and I didn't see any link to to the Sketchup-file. Any chance you could share it with us now?

I'm in the process of making my own cockpit and I plan to use your (or chilicoke's) design as a basis, and the dimensions would be really nice to have (planing to model my own version with personal preferences in AutoCAD first). I've searched trough this tread (briefly), and I didn't see any link to to the Sketchup-file. Any chance you could share it with us now?

Sorry, contrary to what I said originally, I'm not going to be providing any dimensions or files relating to the build. No offense mate. :)

...what do you think?! đź’ˇ

IMG_0405001.jpg

Having been inspired by Chilicoke, my new design is a work-in-progress.
More to follow. :)

No one needs a cockpit. It's a luxury. It's like gold. No one needs gold (thank you David Mitchell). A table and chair will suit your needs perfectly.

Jav
Ahem... I think smebody's camera ran away!!

lol:)

I know, I know... still no pictures. Unfortunately, an amp I bought needs to be returned and until I get a replacement I'm left with an ugly hole in the AV rack! I want to give you guys some good pictures and of the whole project so when the new amp arrives, I'll be on the case. :)

On the plus side, you'll get to see all the new AV gear, the triple screens (and all the framework mounts), the LED VU meters & temperature monitoring package and the 19" racks.

It'll be worth the wait, I promise đź‘Ť

can´t wait to see the triple screen setup. triple screens with the setup you already have is just amazing! one of the best cockpits I´ve seen.

lol:)

I know, I know... still no pictures. Unfortunately, an amp I bought needs to be returned and until I get a replacement I'm left with an ugly hole in the AV rack! I want to give you guys some good pictures and of the whole project so when the new amp arrives, I'll be on the case. :)

On the plus side, you'll get to see all the new AV gear, the triple screens (and all the framework mounts), the LED VU meters & temperature monitoring package and the 19" racks.

It'll be worth the wait, I promise đź‘Ť

COUGH!

Still waiting. đź’ˇ

Man, his setu is really badass. I looked at many cockpits around here and this is one of the really best in my eyes.

Great work man!

I know, I know! (again) :)

I made a few changes to the setup and I'm waiting on some stuff to come back from the powder-coaters. When I have it (hopefully by the end of the week) pictures will follow... promise! ;)

Last edited:
Come on, with me on here taking so long with things is bad enough...
Your rig and setup should be (even more) brillant with the updates.

Well, the good news is that the powder-coated bits are done and are in the back of my car (too bad I'm still at work) so I should be able to get everything fitted before the weekend, fingers crossed. :)

This is my favorite chilicoke-inspired-rig that I've ever seen!

I would love to do this but money and space is a huge down factor from this. :(
I would like to do some sort of 'portable' chilicoke rig and that would be really good for me.

This is my favorite chilicoke-inspired-rig that I've ever seen!

I would love to do this but money and space is a huge down factor from this. :(
I would like to do some sort of 'portable' chilicoke rig and that would be really good for me.

Same for me. Im considering of doing the chilicoke-inspired-rig with PVC pipe though... or maybe not...:yuck:

I missed this first time around, so thanks for bringing it back. Great read and bloody well done! Can't wait to see the update.

I had every intention of taking a load of photos over the weekend but I got caught up in 'real-life' so I didn't get the chance :(

It's been a long time coming but I'm finally updating my thread with some pictures of the latest setup (I say latest, it's actually been this way for about 4 months; work and 'real-life' have stood in the way of a good update!).

Without further ado...

One of the pair of side-monitor mounting frames...

The little 'wings' I designed to bolt the frames (above) to...

Bolted in place (1)...

Bolted in place (2)...

The 'ol man cave...

Towers of Power!

Lightning SST Shifter (powered by 'interfaceone')...

Updated the pedals too...

Keyboard tray...

3x PS3...

3x 360...

I shot a load of video this morning but it didn't come out very well so I'll try again next week. I know a fair few of you were waiting for an update; I got there in the end! :)

Comments / questions welcome... đź‘Ť

Back