I think of Forza as a Game and GranTurismo more as a Tool

That seems like a very painful way to model a car, and I am not even sure how that is accurately moved onto a 3d model... I would think it would be better to just run some kind of laser scanner over the whole thing and take that as the 3d model.

did anyone use the in camera view with the rear view mirror and the gear indicator off on GT4? it doesn't compare to GT5P's cockpit views but that's what i got addicted to on GT4.

Maybe we should back on topic guys, you know discussing whether or not these games are tools for driving or games for entertainment.

Maybe we should back on topic guys, you know discussing whether or not these games are tools for driving or games for entertainment.

Gran Turismo is and always has been a great tool but its much entertainment at the very same time, pure nirvana:sly:!!!

and i was merely asking a question instead of making a thread of it.

...Turn10 outsourced all their modeling to another company.
Huh... that would explain a lot of modeling issues if that's what they did with the previous two, where sometimes even bodykit upgrades wouldn't come out completely right.

Regardless, Forza will be fun to toy around with until GT5 comes out. And if GT5 doesn't have full blown race mod and a livery editor, then I can build my cars in FW3 and snap piccies of them when my craving to create race cars grows strong.

We shall see, but I am thinking that GT5 might end up being my toy around game based on my GT5p experience so far. But I expect hundreds of hours in both.

Yes, I also saw where Turn 10 mentioned 3 months per car. Sounds accurate when you have many teams working on multiple cars at a time.

hopefully not, i liked what i experienced with the GT5P and love the previous series before it, so i'd hope a highly doubted disappointment isn't coming with Gran Turismo 5's release.

Well... We'll see in less than a month if Forza has improved. They def. need to go over some of the graphics again though. lmao

What Ferrari in FM3 is everyone talking about? I havn't seen it can someone please post it, or point me in the right direction.

First time I have heard this. I have always heard that people felt the cars were way to light, and didn't feel heavy enough, nor planted (which I agree with). People that have played the FM3 game at the game shows in the kiosks said the cars did feel like they weigh more now. That would be bad news for you I guess :)

That's how I feel when I play Forza 2. The cars seem to be very light and RWD cars seem to be very tail happy like there isn't any weight on the rear wheels.

As for the original topic. I feel they're both games and both have their pros and cons. I won't go into listing all of them because it would take forever. My tool is road racing and autoxing in real life. Nothing can simulate the feeling you get when the back of your car steps out at 120mph. I am looking forward to both games and looking forward to what new things GT5 has to offer.

Hmm.. Based on what I've seen in the past GT, they took a lot of pictures of the whole car. But in GT5 case they took a lot of picture then scan the whole car. I'm not sure maybe I'm wrong. Hope Kaz release some documentary on how they made GT5 or put it on the limited edition of GT5 or w/e.

Back