I think this will be the best GT ever

• Thread starter TRD-P0WeR
  • 66 comments
You missed the point. You claimed that everyone complained about GT6 on PS3. You claimed that everyone is complaining about GT7 on PS5. That's just not true.

If you want to have a more nuanced approach, a lot of people complained about GT6 on PS3. I think the reasons for that were pretty justifiable at the time, and even more so in retrospect of what GT6 turned out to be. We can have that discussion if you want, but that opinion was by no means a consensus and even the people who thought it was a bad idea (like me) could usually see at least the potential of the choice made. We were wary given the previous clusterfridge that was the release of GT5 and the length of time that it took to turn that into something like a polished final product, and it turned out rightly so.

Some people seem to be complaining about GT7 on PS5, but it seems like a loud minority to me. Most people seem fairly keen on the idea, because most people aren't adverse to the idea of having to buy new hardware every 7 years or so. I think the reasons for having GT7 on PS5 are much the same as for having GT6 on PS4, but with the addition that Polyphony can't necessarily rely on goodwill to shift units. I suspect that GT6 sold a lot on brand name alone, and that bit them in the butt come GTS when a lot of people felt burned. GTS seems to have done all right for itself and has gone a long way to rebuilding some of that hype, but if they release on old hardware that's going to go largely to waste.

If you're going to generalise you could at least realise that it's never everyone, it's at best a majority. And while the groups that complained about GT6 and GT7 may have some overlap, they're probably not all the same people either and so treating them as if they are is just disingenuous. It's easy to beat strawmen when they don't fight back.
I think you’re taking my words way too literally here, I didn’t mean *everybody* and I thought that was obvious.

But some of these things don’t come across as well through text on a screen as they would in real life, and either way it was poor word choice on my part. My apologies 👍

Seeing all the cool features from the original games being resurrected and as the number seven corresponds to heavenly, I think we'll see the best GT title so far. I think it will also be the last GT there will ever be. I really hope they'll make it to the launch. What are your thoughts?

Yes I think so too, and the best part is this community has a big part on how GT7 is realized.

GT7 will have exact same car list to GTS with tiny addition like Carrera GT, only Trial Mountain and Daytona as new tracks, exact same size and number of GT Mode races as GT League, just formatted differently, same limiting Arcade Mode, same FIA underusing, same annoying features in level, mileage, car roulette, same exact gameplay like GTS (final graphics, AI, BOP, Online penalties, etc.), with no new/returning features at all.

There, GT7 is a total waste of money. GT7 is just GTS with Tuning Parts and GT Auto...and the latter can be added as DLC tbh..

GT7 will have exact same car list to GTS with tiny addition like Carrera GT, only Trial Mountain and Daytona as new tracks, exact same size and number of GT Mode races as GT League, just formatted differently, same limiting Arcade Mode, same FIA underusing, same annoying features in level, mileage, car roulette, same exact gameplay like GTS (final graphics, AI, BOP, Online penalties, etc.), with no new/returning features at all.

There, GT7 is a total waste of money. GT7 is just GTS with Tuning Parts and GT Auto...and the latter can be added as DLC tbh..
How do you know this? Where is the proof? Or are you going off on what you saw in the reveal trailer?

How do you know this? Where is the proof? Or are you going off on what you saw in the reveal trailer?

He's secretly a programmer for PD. He's letting all their dirty secrets out!

Here's to hoping GT7 is the first GT title to actually release the day the console drops. That, in and of itself will be a milestone. I'm looking forward to playing as I have since the original regardless of when it arrives.

Well this is the one way to look at it. Even though it mostly will be the same experience as gts, I belive that the Gt7 will move to the game as a service model. Ps5 ssd and new technology will allow to update game on the fly. I can bet that PD marking changes to their engine to allow more flexibility and faster response to the players community. They building foundation to grow upon. I think it will be the only GT for the next generation of consoles.

He's secretly a programmer for PD. He's letting all their dirty secrets out!

Here's to hoping GT7 is the first GT title to actually release the day the console drops. That, in and of itself will be a milestone. I'm looking forward to playing as I have since the original regardless of when it arrives.
I obviously was exaggerating but judging by PD's track record, GT6 had few new cars and 7 new tracks, and other than that, overall feels like GT5.5. And hoping for being a launch title, that miniscule update is even more likely to happen.

Well this is the one way to look at it. Even though it mostly will be the same experience as gts, I belive that the Gt7 will move to the game as a service model. Ps5 ssd and new technology will allow to update game on the fly. I can bet that PD marking changes to their engine to allow more flexibility and faster response to the players community. They building foundation to grow upon. I think it will be the only GT for the next generation of consoles.
The in-game updating will be faster, but PD's pumping new content duration equals to other developers already releasing new games, which would mean it's way too late to fix the game like in GT6 before, that was promised with daily feature updates.

Back