I turn up the music to cover the engine sounds

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 78 comments
  • 5,048 views

Do you guys cover up/or turn off the engine sounds?


  • Total voters
    142

Prototyp3

(Banned)
Messages
397
United States
Oregon
It's that bad.

We seriously need to get together and make it clear to PD that the engine sounds need drastic improvements. Sound is such an important part of driving. The soul of a car is it's engine, and the sound it creates is its battle cry.

The cars sound like vacuum cleaners. It makes it hard to get excited to drive some cars because sound is so integral to what makes it one-of-a-kind. It's immersion breaking. This is a simulation, or aims to be one, and sound is such a basic, fundamental thing.

Some times when I am racing I'll hear another cars engines and it will sound unique and good for just a few seconds. Where are the rest of those sound files? They are much better sounding then when you are playing the car.

Do you guys cover up/or turn off the engine sounds?
 
It's that bad.

We seriously need to get together and make it clear to PD that the engine sounds need drastic improvements. Sound is such an important part of driving. The soul of a car is it's engine, and the sound it creates is its battle cry.

The cars sound like vacuum cleaners. It makes it hard to get excited to drive some cars because sound is so integral to what makes it one-of-a-kind. It's immersion breaking. This is a simulation, or aims to be one, and sound is such a basic, fundamental thing.

Some times when I am racing I'll hear another cars engines and it will sound unique and good for just a few seconds. Where are the rest of those sound files? They are much better sounding then when you are playing the car.

Do you guys cover up/or turn off the engine sounds?
Well, they've said a many times that they are working on the sounds, so I think the point got through.
 
There's like 5 forums for this. Stop making more.

They already said they're working on it.

Nobody cares that you turn yours off...

Youre right on that one. Hes probably got the only yes vote
 
hey it's a poll. so chill for a sec. or don't post.


haven't they been "fixing the sound" for an entire generation now? You are all delusional if you think the patch is going to make the engine noises transformed into something amazing and magical.

PD need to redo everything. it's that bad.
 
Ehh..everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess. 👍
 
How can't a patch fix it exactly? What do you propose in this 're do'?
 
haven't they been "fixing the sound" for an entire generation now?

PD need to redo everything. it's that bad.

No, more like 1-2 years.

You lose any and all credibility if you sincerely believe everything needs to be redone.
 
Sometimes I do the opposite (music off). But no, I never cover up the engine sound. They are not that bad.
Im always playing with music off. I dont think the sounds are that bad. Pretty sure the OP thinks they're the end of the world!
 
this guy needs to calm down.

1 they are already on it and fixing the sounds and
2 they aren't that bad that you need to cover them up or make another useless thread that the poll is 16-1
 
Last edited:
Is there a way to reduce the sounds of the ai's engines? Always mixes me up when near and cant hear my engine for gear change.

I usually turn music off
 
No. I actually turn the music off to hear the engine sounds. Plus I dislike the racing music. Nothing like some J-Rock & horrible EDM to get you annoyed in the morning.
 
Hate race music. We are playing a racing game...not watching an interactive music video with cars in it.
Although, there are some cars just sounds horrible, I mean worse that the Honda Fit we were forced to buy as our first car.
 
Wait, if you turn off the engine sounds, then you can't hear when to change gear... And you waste time looking at the rev counter and by that point you're in a wall and shouting in anger... Sounds like a bad idea to me.
 
Is there a way to reduce the sounds of the ai's engines? Always mixes me up when near and cant hear my engine for gear change.

I usually turn music off

I've been hoping for the same thing, even in GT5. There were times where my engine note was completely muted over the sound of an AI driver along side me.
 
Well, they've said a many times that they are working on the sounds, so I think the point got through.

THIS!!! Why do people insist on talking about something we know is being worked on over and over and over and over and over.
 
Wait, if you turn off the engine sounds, then you can't hear when to change gear... And you waste time looking at the rev counter and by that point you're in a wall and shouting in anger...

"Why? Why didn't I just select auto transmission!? *sobs*"
 
"Why? Why didn't I just select auto transmission!? *sobs*"

We've all been there before. :lol: Though usually it's after turning off ABS.
 
The engine sounds are not the problem. It is the fully adjustable gearbox. When you add that, the gearbox sound is now louder than the engine exhaust note.
 
Drive the Jaguar XKR-S. You'll end up turning down the music, and turning up the car sound.
 
Nope. Never.
 
Back