I turn up the music to cover the engine sounds

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 78 comments
  • 5,048 views

Do you guys cover up/or turn off the engine sounds?


  • Total voters
    142
I mean turn of the engine sound of the other cars.....when you overtake them you cant hear your engine to change gears. Anyway...I guess there isnt...seems more pronounced on GT6
 
What is mandatory for sure, is a decent sound system too. Just in case.

It is also true that sometimes, your own engine sound goes off completely. That's very annoying, indeed.
 
I have race music turned off completely actually. :D
I makes me loose my concentration.
 
gosh with such a huge margin of people listening to the engine sounds it seems weird that people want them improved.
 
No. I actually turn the music off to hear the engine sounds. Plus I dislike the racing music. Nothing like some J-Rock & horrible EDM to get you annoyed in the morning.

You do know that you can change the race music, or better yet have your own right?

gosh with such a huge margin of people listening to the engine sounds it seems weird that people want them improved.

Maybe you should understand the concept of 'patience' and perhaps give them credit for acknowledging this issue that they are trying to work on improving :rolleyes:
 
gosh with such a huge margin of people listening to the engine sounds it seems weird that people want them improved.

No, it actually makes sense to want improved engine sounds when you don't cover them up with music.
 
I just make sure my music is playing whilst I'm racing.
 
I turn off the music ... cause engine sounds are music to my ears ...
 
The soul of a car is it's engine, and the sound it creates is its battle cry.

Do you guys cover up/or turn off the engine sounds?

Bad sound is better than no sound.
You will never find me driving with music in GT.
You will never find me driving with automatic gears in GT.

On some cars, I agree, the sound is off-putting.
I tend to avoid using the worst sounding cars (I have an SLS GT3, and an Audi S1 stuffed away in my stockyard for this reason).
 
No, but I turn it right down in long races, also depends on the car, there is such a broad spectrum of quality in the game, I don't know what to expect next to be honest.
 
It's that bad.

We seriously need to get together and make it clear to PD that the engine sounds need drastic improvements. Sound is such an important part of driving. The soul of a car is it's engine, and the sound it creates is its battle cry.

The cars sound like vacuum cleaners. It makes it hard to get excited to drive some cars because sound is so integral to what makes it one-of-a-kind. It's immersion breaking. This is a simulation, or aims to be one, and sound is such a basic, fundamental thing.

Some times when I am racing I'll hear another cars engines and it will sound unique and good for just a few seconds. Where are the rest of those sound files? They are much better sounding then when you are playing the car.

Do you guys cover up/or turn off the engine sounds?

Why the heck you have to do that?
 
You'll have an accident if you drive with the music too loud! :lol:
 
I always drive with the music off in GT6. The only games I had music on were GT3 because of it's simply kickass soundtrack, and GT5 because of personal BGM not being glitchy like it is at the moment in GT6.
 
The sounds have improved so much that I've turned up the car sounds and reduced the replay soundtrack level. Replay, mind you, no race music.
 
For good sound you need to buy good home theater system with optical input.Then set the rear repro to max and front to min.Then turn up volume and prepare for extaaaaze:)
 
Some sounds might be wrong, but my number 1 rule in Gran Turismo is Race BGM OFF.

And no. Cars don't sound like vacuum cleaners.

For good sound you need to buy good home theater system with optical input.Then set the rear repro to max and front to min.Then turn up volume and prepare for extaaaaze:)

That doesn't make a difference.
 
You kids and your "I want something and I'm gonna whine about it until I get it" syndrome. Growing up I played racing games on NES, SEGA, SNES , ETC.. and we never got 'patches' to fix it. We scoured GamePro's looking for cheats and tricks, we ordered our games from Chips n' Bits, and we didn't cry because F Zero sounded bad. We played the game the way they made it. I think most of the poll starters and whiners on this forum need to break free of the teet, pull their manly parts out of mommies purse and play it for what it is or trash it.

Move on with life. Its a great world if you learn to accept things for what they are instead of creating a poll or a new topic every time you got a rash on your cheeks.
 
It's that bad.

We seriously need to get together and make it clear to PD that the engine sounds need drastic improvements. Sound is such an important part of driving. The soul of a car is it's engine, and the sound it creates is its battle cry.

The cars sound like vacuum cleaners. It makes it hard to get excited to drive some cars because sound is so integral to what makes it one-of-a-kind. It's immersion breaking. This is a simulation, or aims to be one, and sound is such a basic, fundamental thing.

Some times when I am racing I'll hear another cars engines and it will sound unique and good for just a few seconds. Where are the rest of those sound files? They are much better sounding then when you are playing the car.

Do you guys cover up/or turn off the engine sounds?
Lol. That's ridiculous.

I turn up the bass on my surround sound system to add depth and richness. My new sound bar from Sony completely transforms the sound on... EVERYTHING. The GT cars sound ugly from my TV, but beautiful from my sound system.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=965001&Q=&is=REG&A=details

It's $199 at BestBuy btw.
 
TV sound off, I listen to music on my phone. My headphones sound way better than those dumb little TV speakers.
 
Not to cover them up, but to make it less obvious, that way I only hear a whiny little noise in the background that indicates me when to shift. Other games, music gets turned dead off right from the start.
 
Drive the Jaguar XKR-S. You'll end up turning down the music, and turning up the car sound.
I just won this car. Now I gotta drive it!
 
Lol. That's ridiculous.

I turn up the bass on my surround sound system to add depth and richness. My new sound bar from Sony completely transforms the sound on... EVERYTHING. The GT cars sound ugly from my TV, but beautiful from my sound system.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=965001&Q=&is=REG&A=details

It's $199 at BestBuy btw.


LOL the sound is terrible. BTW $200 bargain soundbars don't transform anything, so spare us your nonsense about depth and richness. it only makes you sound like an audiophile wannabe :rolleyes:. I have Bower Wilkins CM9 fronts and 7.1 surround and the sound is still terrible in this game. In fact when I set in game audio options to large theatre rather than living room, it only amplifies how bad the sound is. now I play with sound effects set low and music up
 
LOL the sound is terrible. BTW $200 bargain soundbars don't transform anything, so spare us your nonsense about depth and richness. it only makes you sound like an audiophile wannabe :rolleyes:. I have Bower Wilkins CM9 fronts and 7.1 surround and the sound is still terrible in this game. In fact when I set in game audio options to large theatre rather than living room, it only amplifies how bad the sound is. now I play with sound effects set low and music up
LOL. That sounds incorrect.

They do.

You don't have to believe me... it's not my fault your Bower CM9 fronts suck ass, kid.

Sorry. Enjoy your music... I'll enjoy the sweet engine revving and boost instead.
 
LOL. That sounds incorrect.

They do.

You don't have to believe me... it's not my fault your Bower CM9 fronts suck ass, kid.

Sorry. Enjoy your music... I'll enjoy the sweet engine revving and boost instead.

Drive the C9 and I hope for your own sake that you realize how much of an 🤬 this post makes you look.
 
It's that bad.

We seriously need to get together and make it clear to PD that the engine sounds need drastic improvements. Sound is such an important part of driving. The soul of a car is it's engine, and the sound it creates is its battle cry.

The cars sound like vacuum cleaners. It makes it hard to get excited to drive some cars because sound is so integral to what makes it one-of-a-kind. It's immersion breaking. This is a simulation, or aims to be one, and sound is such a basic, fundamental thing.

Some times when I am racing I'll hear another cars engines and it will sound unique and good for just a few seconds. Where are the rest of those sound files? They are much better sounding then when you are playing the car.

Do you guys cover up/or turn off the engine sounds?
 

Attachments

  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 6
Back