I turn up the music to cover the engine sounds

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 78 comments
  • 5,048 views

Do you guys cover up/or turn off the engine sounds?


  • Total voters
    142
It´s actually not that bad, sound has improved and will continue improving. "Cruise" a car as you would drive it on a public road, change gears early, play with the throttle gently instead of high reving and flat out all the time. Take a couple of minutes of your time and try it. You will realize where PD´s problem in the sound department lies.

If they where to get the high revolution sounds equally to the low revs, they´re back on track!
 
Drive the C9 and I hope for your own sake that you realize how much of an 🤬 this post makes you look.


It sounds pretty sweet. Streaming it with TV speakers only sounded bland. The woof woof from the subwoofer sounded much nicer.

Insulting me is uncalled for. Act like you got some damn sense, crybaby.
 
maybe you should inform yourself before making such a ridiculous statement.
I informed myself, both through research and through live testing. My opinion is just that... an opinion. Don't like it? Tough titty. No one cares.
 


It sounds pretty sweet. Streaming it with TV speakers only sounded bland. The woof woof from the subwoofer sounded much nicer.

Insulting me is uncalled for. Act like you got some damn sense, crybaby.


Sorry Man, but this is what a Sauber C9 is supposed to sound like:



I voted no, because no matter how bad the sounds might be, I can't drive without the audio feedback from the car. The OP's point is valid however, the sounds ARE that bad in many cases, & the Sauber is one of the best ( or should I say worst ) examples. Once I get my copy of GT6 my plan is to try out just about every car I can, and then abandon every car that sounds like s#@t! I can't stand it. It's such a shame because we're all being denied the experience of driving that C9 with the glorious symphony of a cross-plane crank racing V8 as the soundtrack, and it's just one example.

.......and so the debate rages on. The sounds are terrible. No they're not, they're realistic, you need a better stereo. I've got surround sound they still sound like vacuum cleaners. You're deaf, they sound nothing like vacuum cleaners, & so on.

But my 2 cents? How could anyone compare these two videos, and claim there is no problem? How could anyone listen to that video of the C9 in GT6 at Willow Springs, and still boldly declare that the cars don't sound like vacuum cleaners/hairdryers/blenders/power drills/slotcars, etc, etc? Talk about a classic case of denial.
 
I'll just leave this here



and OMG, this

 
Last edited:


It sounds pretty sweet.


It might sound "pretty sweet" to you, but the fact remains; it sounds NOTHING like a Sauber C9.

And don't talk 🤬 about B&W, it enhances the impression of you being ignorant.
 


Definitely, one of the better examples out there! 👍

It's not like they don't know what a V8 is supposed to sound like, they just haven't got even close with certain cars.
 
I never do this, I drive manual so I NEED to hear the engine.
 
God those Forza sounds are so harsh, somehow overdone, with a lot of digitized background noise or something. Having said that, it's way better to have a sound effect like that teamed up with the Sauber than the GT6 sound. At least at it's core it sounds like an angry V8 should!

Yeah, too many layers when compared to the real life on board but if you look at this higher quality video, you'll see it's pretty spot on, minus the little deatails and a better tranny whine of course.

 
Definitely, one of the better examples out there! 👍

It's not like they don't know what a V8 is supposed to sound like, they just haven't got even close with certain cars.
But its because I drove with a wiiiide gear-box and on low revs! I didn´t flat out. Like my post above explained, PD´s problem is above all to do with the high revolutions. They don´t seem to record them and add too much digitized stuff in it, but the wrong kind!

Another problem with these video comparisons is, RL videos are recorded how? Camera/Micro in an extremly loud environment. Both the C9 GT6 and Forza came from the game itself... The vid with the Tempest GTO was recorded by a camera. (in very loud environment, the neighbours have sense of humor!)

And I guess thats simply why it sounds better to us.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, too many layers when compared to the real life on board but if you look at this higher quality video, you'll see it's pretty spot on, minus the little deatails and a better tranny whine of course.



🤬, this could just about be the best sounding race car in the world couldn't it? It's like a V8 supercar on steroids! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The moment you realise that the real-life Sauber C9 sounds about a million times better than it does in GT6 hey? Like I said, denial.
I agree that it sounds better. I just don't care about it being "realistic." It does not matter to me as it does not detract anything from the gameplay... you know, the reason I play. I like the sound in GT6 too.
 
🤬, this could just about be the best sounding race car in the world couldn't it? It's like a V8 supercar on steroids! :)

Yeah, I like loud v12s more though but IMO this is like the V8's god, it sounds so unique among a full grid of group C cars.
 
I always have the music off in races. Kind of like that guy in Apollo 13, trying to get the power on without going over the amps. If they dont have it (race car drivers), neither do I.

The engine sounds are not amazing, but it is what it is. I can forgive PD for that, considering how much enjoyment I get out of the game.

The in game music really isnt my thing either (check the link in my signature!), I can live with it in the menus. But I cant stand it when im on the track.
 
Last edited:
Back