i want a refund

  • Thread starter Thread starter dropsonde
  • 23 comments
  • 1,839 views
Messages
53
pay lots of money for the M3 Touring and dont even get a cockpit view..

i cant drive this.. i wish there was a refund option
 
It's a standard car...and they tell you that. They also tell you that standard cars do not have cockpit views. You only have yourself to blame for buying it.

:rolleyes:
 
errr......does me mean refund as in ingame credits?????? You need to call Justin and see what he will offer.
 
What the game needs is actually a "test drive" option instead of the lozy camera angle "demos". I always wondered how some car handles but don't want to settle few million credits and turning out to be a nuisance of car.
 
What the game needs is actually a "test drive" option instead of the lozy camera angle "demos". I always wondered how some car handles but don't want to settle few million credits and turning out to be a nuisance of car.

That's why i have a second account set up... I purchase the said car i'm interested in. Then i'll tune it to near perfection, and then take it for a spin. If i like what i see, i'll gift it to my main account. If i've hit the limit i'll just purchase it again on my main account. :)
 
While cockpit views are nice, if you can't drive a particular car just because it lacks one, then you'll be missing out on a great many brilliant rides.
 
While cockpit views are nice, if you can't drive a particular car just because it lacks one, then you'll be missing out on a great many brilliant rides.

I never quite understood why people love the cockpit view... In opinion, the bumper view is far better.
 
yeah i know im dumb, but i just drool over this car.. but i cant drive fast without cockpit view, im weird.

wts m3 touring lol
 
It's a standard car...and they tell you that. They also tell you that standard cars do not have cockpit views. You only have yourself to blame for buying it.

:rolleyes:

Good info- I didnt realise this! Mind you I dont use the cockpit view, I like to see the road and nowt else.
 
If you buy the Ferrari F10 for 10.000.000 cash. You can't even drive it. Well you can, but only in online F1 only races... That sucks :-(
 
errr......does me mean refund as in ingame credits?????? You need to call Justin and see what he will offer.

Beaver?
 
i cant drive this.. i wish there was a refund option

Most of the best cars in the game are standards.

And dashboard view is overrated. After the novelty wears off ('look! he's really shifting gears! hurr durr') bumper cam is much nicer to drive in anyway. :sly:
 
There are really no perfect driving views in GT5. A car with no interior view does not worry me.

Bumper cam is too low, but is the best of the available options as far as I am concerned.

In car view is like trying to drive while looking out through a letterbox (on some cars more so than others). Why go to the trouble of making the interior when it is mostly in shadow anyway. No interior on the BM is definitely no great loss for me.

Roof Cam is too high as you do see some of the cars roof. Driving the Dodge Ram must be like sitting on the top deck of a bus!

As for 3rd person, I don't actually drive my car while sitting in a trailer!!
 
I never quite understood why people love the cockpit view... In opinion, the bumper view is far better.

Because cockpit views are inside the car, and some of us want to be inside the car and nowhere else. Bumper cams, hood cams, kite cams, satellite cams, web cams, et cetera just don't cut it if you want to be seated inside the car and actually see the car wrapped around you.
 
From memory when I drive a car, the interior of the car is pretty much out of my line of sight when I am looking at the road. That view of the road is pretty much unobstructed other than a bit of the bonnet/hood maybe. I glance up to see the rear view mirror and down to see the intstuments. They are not all directly in my sight like the interior view in racing games.
 
Cant get used to cockpit view with or without the DFGT ... I drive with the camera behind the car, its how ive played racing games forever (barring F1 where I have the camera above the guys head) and it works for me and I'm relatively quick with that view. Lets please thought not all go off on one over camera angles!
 
:sly:I agree...cockpit view isn't necessarily true to life: you see more of what's outside the car than whats in it IRL. Of course, you can change this by going into the options menu and changing the viewing angle to narrow/narrowest (IIRC), but then IMO this does something strange to the aspect of the road ahead of you...or is that just me?:)

With some cars it is nice to have the option of cockpit view. If you really are going for realism, switching of the HUD and going into cockpit view is the best. Also, if you're quite familliar with the car (I drive a Miata in real life and the cockpit model for it in-game is incredible!) then it can be very nice to actually have the sense you're sitting in the driving seat.

However, for races, or better lap times, bumper cam is the way to go...car control is just more "accurate":sly:
 
buying a premium GTR Proto. NO COCKPIT! :(
 
I don't mind if a car has no cockpit. I can just switch to hood cam.

What the game needs is actually a "test drive" option instead of the lozy camera angle "demos". I always wondered how some car handles but don't want to settle few million credits and turning out to be a nuisance of car.

👍 I would like to see this in the game instead of the demo, but still keep the description stuff.
While cockpit views are nice, if you can't drive a particular car just because it lacks one, then you'll be missing out on a great many brilliant rides.

I agree. I have the GT Skyline Pace Car back in GT4/GT3? Too bad the siren doesn't work :(
 
As it is, I just make a savegame backup and if I don't like the car, I restore the save. Having said that, a test drive option would really be helpful. Something else that would be great is before purchasing a car, you should be able to view all possible upgrades that can be installed - including the wings/aero packages.

The more information you have, the better decision you can make.
 
I would like the Test drive option too!
 
Back