I want GT1 and 2 menu music back in GT5,who else?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jacksmith
  • 125 comments
  • 10,092 views
Messages
189
Messages
ramangt40
Was watching an old GT1 and 2 video and heard the old familiar menu music and I was surprised that even after all these years it still sounds awesome,I want GT5 to have GT1 and 2 menu music atleast sometimes during the game like we all know its random.You guys think its a goos idea.It gives the game a retro and classic feel.
 
Yes please!


This one just oozes awesomeness. You can almost feel the presence of Ferrari in it. Even though there aren't any in the game.


Matches America's muscle cars perfectly. Listening to this is like watching a 70's action film. Only Driver's main menu music tops this.
 
they all sound like midi generated porno music.
 
I know we're talking GT2 here (sweets memories of the S2000 GT1 :drool:) but I love GT3's license test theme...


Ever since I've gotten GT3 a little after it came out I've always left it on the license test screen for a little bit before either completing the test, trying to get a better time...or just wanting to relax. 👍
 
I remember the last time I played GT1, I actually detested the manufacturer themes. Kind of miss 'em, now. :indiff:
 
Retro BGM would be awesome..

It would also be cool if you could unlock retro HUD's like in Wipeout hd..

These features would be easy to implement. If anything, it pays hommage to previous GT games.
 
Last edited:
They could make the old music unlockable, I would have no problem with that.
 
No. It's the old "been there done that" type of deal. Time to move on and grow. The sandbox I played in when I was a kid just won't get it done now.
 
My favorite music was in GT3. The music in 1 and 2 was great too though
 
I hope that was meant to be sarcastic.

This is what American Muscle sounds like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj2xSwOY0xs
"Re-spect"

No way, punk. 👍

Aside for that, Gran Turismo has really had some great music, and even if the classics don't make a comeback in some form or another...I look forward to what GT5 will bring.

Hopefully it doesn't stink.
 
I hope that was meant to be sarcastic.

This is what American Muscle sounds like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj2xSwOY0xs
"Re-spect"

Nope, wasn't being sarcastic. :) The music they chose reminded me of films like Bullitt and the music in them. Detectives and undercover cops chasing baddies in muscle cars. Jazzy, fast paced and suspenseful. Everyone has their own ideas of how music should match with something else in another medium, it depends on your upbringing. One person sees a Porsche and thinks of the film Le Mans with it's jazzy notes and string segments. Another may see a Porsche and think of rap music from the Getaway in Stockholm. It's all cultural and 100% opinionated.
 
I like GT4's pre-race menu music. Both of them.
 
GT1 music is the hit. Always did love it
 
I know we're talking GT2 here (sweets memories of the S2000 GT1 :drool:) but I love GT3's license test theme...

Ever since I've gotten GT3 a little after it came out I've always left it on the license test screen for a little bit before either completing the test, trying to get a better time...or just wanting to relax. 👍
You too? I'm playing GT4 right now, and having a blast. And part of the joy is listening to those menu tunes. I thought about popping in GT3 a few times but I'm not sure where my save card is right now. That license test tune was the best though.

As for the "midi tracks," what PD needs to do is re-record them with the bands they hire to do the GT5 soundtrack. I'm actually enjoying Prologue's menu music most of all.

By the way, who's the nitwit who started the idiocy that every song that's done in a tasteful jazz, fusion or prog style is porn music?! I swear, kids - and many grownups - just have no taste these days. :p
 
You too? I'm playing GT4 right now, and having a blast. And part of the joy is listening to those menu tunes. I thought about popping in GT3 a few times but I'm not sure where my save card is right now. That license test tune was the best though.

As for the "midi tracks," what PD needs to do is re-record them with the bands they hire to do the GT5 soundtrack. I'm actually enjoying Prologue's menu music most of all.

By the way, who's the nitwit who started the idiocy that every song that's done in a tasteful jazz, fusion or prog style is porn music?! I swear, kids - and many grownups - just have no taste these days. :p

A new member. :p

Speaking of GT4, I kind of don't like the pre-race menu music because it's remixed with GT3's music, no wait, I might be thinking of the music from the track selection screens...

Arrgh. I need to pop in GT4 and make sure. :crazy:
 
The way the screen is with the original Speed 12 and the TVR logo above it, kind of looks like a tv series....

"There was only one in existence. Faster than anything, the most technologically advanced car in the World. This Summer...buckle your seat belts and fight crime, 12 times over.

This isn't your grandparent's Knight Rider.

TVR, Coming this Summer. Check your local listings.
"
 
Seriously, how could anyone turn this down?


I know a custom soundtrack feature has been confirmed, but I wonder if it will let us change the menu BGMs too...
 
You too? I'm playing GT4 right now, and having a blast. And part of the joy is listening to those menu tunes. I thought about popping in GT3 a few times but I'm not sure where my save card is right now. That license test tune was the best though.

As for the "midi tracks," what PD needs to do is re-record them with the bands they hire to do the GT5 soundtrack. I'm actually enjoying Prologue's menu music most of all.

By the way, who's the nitwit who started the idiocy that every song that's done in a tasteful jazz, fusion or prog style is porn music?! I swear, kids - and many grownups - just have no taste these days. :p

I like the menu song that plays in the Fuji track info video.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119050
 
The way the screen is with the original Speed 12 and the TVR logo above it, kind of looks like a tv series....

"There was only one in existence. Faster than anything, the most technologically advanced car in the World. This Summer...buckle your seat belts and fight crime, 12 times over.

This isn't your grandparent's Knight Rider.

TVR, Coming this Summer. Check your local listings.
"

:lol::lol::lol:
 
Yeah i wouldnt mind GT1/2 menu music back for GT5.
 
Who could forget East City?



I definitely want traditional GT music for GT5. Honestly, the jazz material in Prologue is actually fantastic and it's so calm and relaxing, but for GT5 I'd so much rather what we used to get. It just fits the game much better.
 
Back