I want GT1 and 2 menu music back in GT5,who else?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jacksmith
  • 125 comments
  • 10,091 views
Although I've always loved the relaxing GT menu jazz, it would be great if they could add some more "upbeat", energetic funky-fusion jazz like in GT2.
 
Must have Mitsubishi theme
 
If there's one thing Gran Turismo has over all it's Sequals, It's the Music

I would love to have Music like this back again


and ofcourse when it comes to Racing i would love once again to race to: Ash, Feeder and Garbage again

I feel the music somewhat declined abit in GT4
 
Honestly, I love the smooth jazzy background music in Prologue. I hope they stick to more jazz oriented background music.
 
This is something I can get behind! All the original menu music in GT1 is classic. With custom soundtracks in GT5, I wonder if we'll be able to use our own music for menus. If so... I'm going to have to find some way of getting those old songs back. Even the GT2 menus had some good ones.

Alternately, it'd be really cool if PD throws them in as an Easter Egg :)
 
How about just custom menu music in general? Anyone?
 
I like need for speed II SE soundtrack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZuahAz8HrU
sorry dont know how to embed :D

It sounds like that music was produced by the same person who did the NFS 3 soundtrack. Similar sounds.

By the way, you can insert a YouTube clip if you copy the last part of the link and insert it between YouTube tags. The part after the = symbol to be precise.
 
It sounds like that music was produced by the same person who did the NFS 3 soundtrack. Similar sounds.

By the way, you can insert a YouTube clip if you copy the last part of the link and insert it between tags. The part after the = symbol to be precise.


wow thanks alot!
 
I got butterflies, haven't heard that music in years. I was 10 when I first heard that music. Sadly I hadn't heard it again for 8 years until now.
Thank you
 
not really a fan of the GT1/2 music, but here's my favorite song from GT4..

 
Liked that also : ).
I downloaded Drift of Air to my ps3
 
Last edited:
The original Drift of Air needs to make a comeback!

God, I loved that guitar solo.
 
Last edited:
I've also just loaded " moon over the castle " and " like the wind " : )
 
The TVR music is also pretty awesome.
 

I love this song.
 
Drift of Air and East City are some of the best I've heard, and I do want to see them back. However... does anyone remember the remix of the used car lot song (this may be the east city one, not sure) that is one of the songs in the race select portion of GT4?
 
I think GT1's menu is still the best. If GT5 had an exact copy of it, I'd have no complaints.

Honda's music was probably the best, though I think Dodge's music fit really well. I remember staring at the Blue Viper GTS for the first time listening that.
 
Anybody know where I can find East City for download?
 
Im sick of background music of prologue. Some playlist would be nice or i have to switch it off.
 
Now this is music I enjoyed listening to while I was driving!



 
GT1 music rules. I used to love how every dealer had slightly different music. Its funny Cardigans - favourite game is playing on my media player right now, always reminds me of GT2.👍
 
Anybody know where I can find East City for download?
The original? No. But the remixed version found on the GT2 Japanese Soundtrack can readily be found online.
 
Back