I want TOCA reviews!!!

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 108 comments
No - haven't tried that. I ran one custom race at one of the ovals at about 75%, but other than that I've been focussing on the story-line races. I might try that.

I've always used bonnet view in the TOCA races - I usually use bumper view in racing games (which is finally available in this one), but you can't see far enough up the road - and this is one game where you need to be able to see up the road.

I must say the driving physics seem to clean up a bit with the fastest cars (the top level cars from the Lola World Championship) - looks promising.

Okay - won the TOCA world championship and completed the story mode - won't give it away, pretty cringeworthy...

Got a few holes to fill in championship-wise, and I may have stumbled across a use for the money...

So should i rent this or :2cents: buy it vat_man???:confused: Not sure if i should and i need some advice.

Rent it first, but make sure you get a chance to try the faster cars - they're much better to drive than the slower ones,and the racing's better.

I'm a bit shocked at some of the frame-rate drops when there's a lot of action on-screen, though. I'm starting to think this game could have done with another 6 months...

OK so it's settled i'll rent :) I don't know if i'll like although i loved the other TOCA games...;)

Originally posted by vat_man
Okay - won the TOCA world championship and completed the story mode - won't give it away, pretty cringeworthy...

Got a few holes to fill in championship-wise, and I may have stumbled across a use for the money...

I knew the game wasnt going to last that long, also ive just realised that thruxston is missing from the BTTC championship :mad: which is one of my favorite tracks. Oh yeah I had a go with the steering wheel at a shop, its a helluva lot beeter with the wheel than with the pad because the analog sticks on the pad seem to be ultra sensitive, like halfway left on the analog stick will send the incar steering wheel full lock to the left, although in the faster cars I have noticed like you it gets slightly better.

But Toca has been worth buying just for the multiplayer races alone, I played all night 3 player making custom championships its great.

Actually, I believe it goes on a bit further - there's an elite series for the prize cars, but you need $8 million to enter it. I'll get into that later in the week.

I killed the DTM yesterday, winning all the races but the full hokenhiem circuit. And I managed to beat the german guy in the Marcos although now im gonna try DTM again to see if I can have less bits falling off my car. Also can you use those TVR Challenge cars? I did the single day event for it, but they dont seem to be anywhere, maybe you have to unlock them later?

At the moment I have around 1.8 million, so do you lose the money when you enter the races?
I wondered what elite championship was, because it comes up all the time when you select one of the cars that you win.

Yeah you can race the TVR Challenge cars when you get up to the Lola World Championship. Best car for me so far is the TVR Speed 12.

Why is everyone further than me in this game??
I got the game first before anyone else at gtp and im still in the power racing tier. Although Ive been playing Final Fantasy 6 a bit too much.

Oh yeah hows the Viper?
Oh and have you tried it in 4player mode Brian?

Originally posted by Y2TUSCAN
Why is everyone further than me in this game??
I got the game first before anyone else at gtp and im still in the power racing tier. Although Ive been playing Final Fantasy 6 a bit too much.

Oh yeah hows the Viper?
Oh and have you tried it in 4player mode Brian?

heh, maybe cause everyone is racing. and you? Your busy doing hotlaps :P (though i can't blame ya. hotlaps is liek my fav thing to do in GT3 and F12k1. although having 30+ cars on the field in F12k1 does get that adreniline pumpin :D )

OK i finally got it :Party: I am up to the Lola World Championship in a Supra. Vat_man, could you pm me tell ing me the best things to do please???

I think im further than Y2TUSCAN :lol: i have also flipped two cars

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
OK i finally got it :Party: I am up to the Lola World Championship in a Supra. Vat_man, could you pm me tell ing me the best things to do please???

I think im further than Y2TUSCAN :lol: i have also flipped two cars

Er - win all the races? :lol:

I can't remember what I ran in that series - I won it pretty easily. Just keep your nose out of trouble and try to finish on the podium in each event.

What happens in the rest of the story???
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

That stupid guy ran over some guy in the pits and bumped the brother!!! What happens after that??

:lol:

Somebody else try the mulitplayer mode in 4 player!
This is the only thing that ive been doing in this game. Mabye today ill actually do some more of the racing :D

see even DODGE the VIPER is further than me.

Does nobody have friends who play games at all? do you even know what a multitap is???

If you havent done a 4 player championship, you are missing out on probably the most exciting part of the game.

:lol:

Somebody else try the mulitplayer mode in 4 player!
This is the only thing that ive been doing in this game. Mabye today ill actually do some more of the racing :D

see even DODGE the VIPER is further than me.

Does nobody have friends who play games at all? do you even know what a multitap is???

If you havent done a 4 player championship, you are missing out on probably the most exciting part of the game.

just been looking at some of your pics.......how was leguna seca? i am going there next year with a few friends, any tips of where to go?

errrr they are Jordans pics!

I am only in charge of the GTConcept gallery.

Laguna Seca I wish :( you should ask jordan about that.

That bloody English guy Is a flippin dirty driver. Because of him my car got wrecked on several occasions, damn him.

Now what should I do next?
European Tour (maybe)
Aus V8 (most likeley)
That nascar one (errr NO)
The other one (I cant remember what the other one is)

That bloody English guy Is a flippin dirty driver. Because of him my car got wrecked on several occasions, damn him.

Now what should I do next?
European Tour (maybe)
Aus V8 (most likeley)
That nascar one (errr NO)
The other one (I cant remember what the other one is)
Well, you gotta get enough points up to get through to the Lola World Championship - did you beat the English guy - I'm guessing not.

Well you guessed wrong :P

I beat him but he managed to ram my car up the arse, tail end my car making me spin all sorts of stuff.

it was odd because i did the DTM once before that english guy was introduced and I killed it. I enjoyed doing it so I thought that it might be fun to do it again and win more races this time. Then "Nick Landers" was introduced to my shiny new mercedes, well it wasnt so shiny afterwards. Still managed to win the championship though!

Also I had a 8 car pile up on the second chicane of hokenhiem it looked abseloutly naaasty on the replay (if only I could save)

No im not yet
So what should I do next in the power racing tier?
I tried rockingham oval in a free race and it was all right.

Btw with ovals should you set the left hand side of the cars suspension so that it is higher and slightly stiffer so its easyer to go around the oval?

dunno - I haven't figured ovals out yet. I burgled the US series - I pinched a win on the first oval after a big accident took out the leader, won the road race, and did enough in the rest of the series to take it. Worth a try.

Back