ICO - Has anyone played it ??

• Thread starter CloneHead
  • 25 comments
Denmark
DK
ZombieInfected
I've heard that it is a good game if you are into puzzles...
But I've also heard that it is a bit short.
Well, how short is it ??

Originally posted by CloneHead
I've heard that it is a good game if you are into puzzles...
But I've also heard that it is a bit short.
Well, how short is it ??
I had it and got really bored with it. For the first couple of hours its pretty cool and the puzzles to solve are neat and thought provoking, but after a while I just couldn't stay into it and would think of playing something else.
If you can, drop $4 ro $5 on a rental to see if you like it. And yes I heard it was short, but I never finished it. :rolleyes:

It's a great game, held my attention all the way thru, but it is not a long game. If you stick to it, you could finish it during a rental for sure. I think I started a thread about it when it first came out, you might wanna look it up...

Bored because you weren't any good at it or bored because it was too easy or bored because it was the same ole thing again?

~LoudMusic

i thought the game was awesome. and it is a bit on the short side if all you do is run like mad from one puzzle to the next. take your time, enjoy the scenery. they didn't make it one of the best looking games of all time for no reason. they give you great camera control...use it!

Originally posted by Angel O'Death
i thought the game was awesome. and it is a bit on the short side if all you do is run like mad from one puzzle to the next. take your time, enjoy the scenery. they didn't make it one of the best looking games of all time for no reason. they give you great camera control...use it!

Excellent short review. The only question I have left is, is it worth $50, or should I get a used or on sale copy for signifigantly less?

~LoudMusic

hmmm. thats a tough one. i really liked this game. and the ending almost brought a tear to my eye. but i don't know if i would pay $50 for it with all the other games looming over it. i would say get a used copy, or perhaps trade for it if your into that (gametz.com)

Cool, that's valuable information. I'm sick of all these people that assume we're all made of money and can just run out and buy any game they recomend. Games and game consoles are becoming "major purchases" and take a bit of review and consideration.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Cool, that's valuable information. I'm sick of all these people that assume we're all made of money and can just run out and buy any game they recomend. Games and game consoles are becoming "major purchases" and take a bit of review and consideration.

~LoudMusic
I almost always buy used games. I suggested renting it even, you could probably finish the game over a week or a weekend. I guess you weren't talking about us in this thread though were you? ;)
'Bout the only games I buy new are the big race games ie. GT3, and I did just get WRC, but I had paid on it until it came out so I only owed about $18 when I went to get it. I like pre-ordering because it is almost like layaway, plus if the game stinks or I just don't like it I trade it in for something else. That is one thing I like about Software Etc.
I have gotten several games off eBay, and even sold several. I hope you rent it first though because although it is a cool game, I think you could finish it pretty fast, and once you have played through it I don't think there would be a reason to play through it again. :D

Originally posted by barryf1fan

I almost always buy used games. I suggested renting it even, you could probably finish the game over a week or a weekend. I guess you weren't talking about us in this thread though were you? ;)
'Bout the only games I buy new are the big race games ie. GT3, and I did just get WRC, but I had paid on it until it came out so I only owed about $18 when I went to get it. I like pre-ordering because it is almost like layaway, plus if the game stinks or I just don't like it I trade it in for something else. That is one thing I like about Software Etc.
I have gotten several games off eBay, and even sold several. I hope you rent it first though because although it is a cool game, I think you could finish it pretty fast, and once you have played through it I don't think there would be a reason to play through it again. :D

Well, there are a few lurking at these forums that assume that we can all just go out and buy any game that comes along. But mostly the online reviews that almost always end in "This is a MUST BUY game! Get it today!" That is so irritating.

If I can find it to rent, or find it used or something, I'll probably give it a go. Thanks for the input (:

~LoudMusic

Well, there are a few lurking at these forums that assume that we can all just go out and buy any game that comes along. But mostly the online reviews that almost always end in "This is a MUST BUY game! Get it today!" That is so irritating.

If I can find it to rent, or find it used or something, I'll probably give it a go. Thanks for the input (:

~LoudMusic
Your welcome for the input, and your are right about that. And those are the guys (or gals) that don't have to work to buy groceries or pay the mortgage. :)
I think the developers get on these review sites (videogamereview.com comes to mind) and pump up the games they did.:P
That is why I like renting or getting a game from Software Etc. - If I don't like it, back it goes. :thumbsup:

Best game i've played, apart from GT3, quite short and pretty easy, but the scale of the thing is really impressive as is the atmosphere, well worth the money

just a word about the ending, watch it all, and i mean ALL, and don't assume it's over, take a look around, thats all i'm gonna say. When u think it's all over, have a look around. :-)

hell yea redline. i was sooo sad when i thought it was over. i was like, wtf?!?! stupid *****!! move yer ass into the!! and then...oh well. i just love the beach :D

Bored because you weren't any good at it or bored because it was too easy or bored because it was the same ole thing again?

~LoudMusic

Bored cuz it just didnt interest me at all.

make sure you're thinking like your in the game world. don't think hmmm wut would i do? think hmmm wut would the lil twig boy do? (besides hit up the girlie doggie style ;) ) and make sure you look at everything. use the camera control, lots of time it's right in front of you, but you didn't see it :D

I played it for a while then I got vf4 so I stopped playing it now I might decide to play sometime. for most of the time playing it I got lost and them black tings kept on pissing me off but overall the game is really good I would reckonmend it to anyone who wants to try anything new

Back