Ideal Force Feedback Setting?

• Thread starter Anes
  • 22 comments

Anes

(Banned)
AnesthesiaXVII
So I usually use FFB 10 on my g27 for out and out racing but for drifting I tend to lift the entire table in the air occasionally (I don't have a rig yet)

So what FFB are you guys running?

for drifting i like to be able to throw the wheel about so i find my self going for the low FFB setting of 1-2 :) but everyone has different preferences so just play about with it until you find the right amount for you

All a matter of preference, there isn't necessarily an "ideal."

I generally turn it down a bit, but still like to be able to feel the grip.

Idk. For my DFGT I set it to about 5 or 6. Also, may I suggest weighing your table down. Got weights somewhere?

I do but it would be a pain in the ass to set it up each time lol

:cheers: I'll fiddle around between 2 - 5 FFB tonight

I have a Porsche 911 Turbo S, and I find it very hard to drift with it. I actually have to fight to countersteer for some reason, and the FFB on the wheel is killer sometimes! Even on FFB 1, if I'm not careful when tapping a wall, it tries to break my thumbs...lol

I normally don't even use the full 900 degrees since I have to fight the countersteer so much...Anyone got any "optimal" setups for a Porsche wheel setup?

I have a Porsche 911 Turbo S, and I find it very hard to drift with it. I actually have to fight to countersteer for some reason, and the FFB on the wheel is killer sometimes! Even on FFB 1, if I'm not careful when tapping a wall, it tries to break my thumbs...lol

I normally don't even use the full 900 degrees since I have to fight the countersteer so much...Anyone got any "optimal" setups for a Porsche wheel setup?

Turn the power steering assist on, and ffb to 1. On the wheel, try drift mode 4-5, and ffb on the wheel between 30-60. Having the power steering assist on helps make the wheel a little easier to turn, but it can still be really tricky.

^ i just got my wheel today, messed with it for like 20 minutes, ffb is definitely fine. i only tried it on 10 strength though.

do you guys use amateur, professional, or simulation? i tried simulation and it sucked, i put it on professional and it seemed better. but then again, i have the wheel mounted to a seat the moves around every time i countersteer.

chime in people!

i have mine on simulation, FFB 5 and power assist off on a G25. same for racing and drift. i have a fairly stable stand for the wheel. when you get good at drifting and can get a good line, you don't fight the FFB as much. you let the weight transfer do the work for you and try to catch it at your desired angle.

nevermind i tried messing with simulation and professional, they seem the same. i also noticed that when you're selecting the option the two steering wheels on the left get blacked out, so i guess it doesn't adjust anything haha.

still snaps back too hard, i'm gonna mess with the ffb power.

Aw, come on luckinator...

Youve drifted an AE86 before and you know how it feels without powersteering :P

Drifted with you the other night. Former ae86 owner :)

Need to work that hand more :lol:

i turned power assist on, and holy crap world of difference.

DOES NOT SNAP BACK ANYMORE.

everyone try it.

I thought its best to have the snap? Doesnt it make it easier to transition one direction to the other if its really snappy? I guess its all preference.

corollas, well actually real life is totally different haha. i'll let it counter and it'll just snap the other way hella crazy.

i don't know though, maybe because it's because i have a dfgt. i saw a video of some dude with a g27, he had no power assist and it looked like it drove hella better than mine.

i still need a proper stand, having to move my chair every 10 seconds is not crackin.

but here's my final setup:

s15
all the power upgrades
-4 camber front -1.8 rear
lsd - 50, 50, 30
COMFORT SOFT ALL AROUND

seems to work well, i didn't try comfort medium though.

^ i just got my wheel today, messed with it for like 20 minutes, ffb is definitely fine. i only tried it on 10 strength though.

do you guys use amateur, professional, or simulation? i tried simulation and it sucked, i put it on professional and it seemed better. but then again, i have the wheel mounted to a seat the moves around every time i countersteer.

chime in people!

Simulation, definately!!!👍

corollas, well actually real life is totally different haha. i'll let it counter and it'll just snap the other way hella crazy.

i don't know though, maybe because it's because i have a dfgt. i saw a video of some dude with a g27, he had no power assist and it looked like it drove hella better than mine.

i still need a proper stand, having to move my chair every 10 seconds is not crackin.

but here's my final setup:

s15
all the power upgrades
-4 camber front -1.8 rear
lsd - 50, 50, 30
COMFORT SOFT ALL AROUND

seems to work well, i didn't try comfort medium though.

Try comfort hards!!! Most online drift rooms lock other tyres...👍

I been messing with my power steering and FFB strength and i found that power steeering on and FFB at 6 feels really nice

I turned my FFB to 10 as soon as I turned the game on and left it there. It seems like I can feel what the car is doing just fine, and I can still throw the wheel either way pretty easily.

I have a deep dish 350mm wheel mounted to my G25 though, so I'm sure that makes a difference.

Back