ideas to keep the game fun?

• Thread starter HarVee
  • 69 comments
United States
somewhere near Trial Mountain
oldbusanubis
Over the last two years I've driven every car. Modified about 400 of them at least once. I've done the Online time trials, raced online, tried starting my own league and have done lots of singleplayer time trials and quick/custom races.

I need some new ideas to keep the game interesting. What do you guys do to keep the game fun?

Last edited:
I created a F1 series. Bought 20 SF23s. Used 20 different liveries for the teams and created drivers from the real 2023 season. To make it more challenging, since the AI is horrible, I set each car to the max PP and mine to the worst I can. Adjust the tire and fuel wear to realism and race a season.

Almost like playing F1 23 but with a better game and PSVR2

What do you guys do to keep the game fun?
Nothing in particular.
The game was worth its money in terms of time spend and not feeling wasted, so I simply go on to the next game.
And sometimes I just feel like starting it up and do something unspecific.
At first this was trying to reach my limit with car x on event y, now it is having a look at thread x and try finding a better car, or beating whatever proposed impossibilty was recognized (Silvia Sisters Deep Forest car no stronger than 500.00 PP).

And if there is nothing of interest, I just jump the game and maybe come back days, weeks, or monthes later for the next thing that this forum has steered my focus on.

Nothing in particular. I only play when I feel like it or when there’s new content. When I feel like playing it’s because I have an idea for something fun, but could be anything from creating a livery to driving a certain car or tuning or something else.

Last edited:
Joined a racing league run by a YT streamer (@McNaughty). It's the only thing keeping me interested in the game at this point.

Last edited:
  • Rank as high as possible on each week Time Trial
  • Finishing every events.
  • Doing weekly challenges

And that's basically enough for me to keep me occupied as I dont have a ton of free time to give to GT7. Otherwise I try to win a race I enjoy while lowering the PP of the car I use each time I start a new race.

• Rank as high as possible on each week Time Trial
  • Finishing every events.
  • Doing weekly challenges
Same but my goal regarding the TTs is to get silver, and I don't get it all the time.

83% on all events

+ trying to gold all CE (but this will take me years)

I started a second account to see if there were any economy issues. There aren't. You can beat every race in the game by spending ~5M credits on cars and a couple million on upgrades.

...now it is having a look at thread x and try finding a better car, or beating whatever proposed impossibilty was recognized (Silvia Sisters Deep Forest car no stronger than 500.00 PP).
Ahh, but you haven't beat my other impossible challenge of beating the Willow Springs Neo-Classic race in the GT500 Supra. I think that one actually is impossible.

Last edited:
Once I am done completing the new stuff (updates, weekly challenges, etc.), I revisit races that I like. Sometimes I will take a car I have not run before and give it some modest upgrades (sport suspension, brakes, etc.) and run it in events it qualifies for while trying to stay within the suggested PP range of the event.

Ahh, but you haven't beat my other impossible challenge of beating the Willow Springs Neo-Classic race in the GT500 Supra. I think that one actually is impossible.
As much as I recognize those world tour drivers being better then me, I cant imagine even them pulling off this feat.
I agree on this one, the Supra GT500 simply cant win that race. 😄
And should it be possible ... I just dont want to invest around 100 hours of trying all over until I propably just have a lucky race or ranked up my driving to a Sophy level, in the end there are other games to play on my list instead. 🙄

Last edited:
For me it was never about having fun. I just fire up the game and play in whatever way I feel like, and it pretty much always ends up being a good time thanks to the graphics, sounds and physics. It’s timeless.

Same but my goal regarding the TTs is to get silver, and I don't get it all the time.

83% on all events

+ trying to gold all CE (but this will take me years)
Yeah same, Silver is the goal, Gold just not within my skill set.

I have all the cars bar 4 (3 invites and BVGLARI). Now collecting all the engine swaps, just over a third of the way. I will occasionally try to gold the CEs but I don't get on with some cars

League races are the way to go... I know you said you already tried, but there are plenty out there like endurance races, open setups, longer championships, multi class, one-make, etc...

Hope you find something nice...

I created a grid of early 2000’s touring cars. The basic formula is 1550 kg, 350 bhp, sports hard tyres, sports brakes and sports suspension, 100/150 downforce. Lots of fun and well balanced. Enjoyed creating the liveries as well.

Last edited:
Probably the worst answer, but I'm collecting every road car in every available color to keep stock with the exception of installing unique CA license plates. This includes legendaries and invites.

Missed this thread. I’ll just quote what I posted from the What did you do in GT7 Today. It’s what I do all the time anyway. ;)
Been stocking cars from 1981-1999. An exciting time for me. Cars from my pre-teen through teens and adulthood, when I could finally afford a brand spanking new car. Thinking back to my life, during each model year of what was going on and what I was doing. Times when I noticed particular cars. If a family member owned one or similar. Times when I thought Whether to buy one or not. Good stuff.

I recreate races based on classes from PGR3/PGR4 by using the cars that are either in the game or substitutes that are close enough for custom races, period correct custom races such as 80s or 90s Supercars and/or sportscars and custom endurance championships based on real races such as the BPR Global GT Championship and the 1997/1998 FIA GT Championships.

I also sometimes recreate events from previous GT games such as the World GT Championship from GT4 by using a 12 car grid consisting of the CLK-LM, F1 GTR, Ford GT Spec II LM, Dodge Viper GTS-R, Corvette C5-R, Chapparal 2J, Nissan R92CP, Sauber C9, Mazda 787B, Jaguar XJR-9 and the JGTC R34 Calsonic and JGTC Supra Castrol in it's 2000 Livery.

Last edited:
What is fun for me is to take every car that is possible to run the WTC700 30 minute race at Le Mans.

Last edited:
I tried doing a Grand Valley 300km with only six GT500 and GT300-type cars. Of course I didn’t finish. Crazy how many of us did those races(and repeated them) back then.

I think if the GT500 NSX ‘00 is added, I might have another look into it. ;)

Not everybody's cup of tea, but I started the single player content from new on a second account. Gave me 60 hours of good fun racing and I learned some stuff too.
I did this back when the engine swap glitch was around because I was scared of the main account getting banned and because I was getting bored it is pretty fun to go back through the game I wish they would add like 5 new cafes a week or month and they should make the collector level up to 100 at some point and give some prizes every 5 levels or somethimg would refreshen the whole game

Last edited:
I created various championships for my team and participated in other championships created by other teams. Since the possibilities are endless… it’s worth it.

Probably not the right answer, but buy VR2.

I hadn't played GT7 for a couple of months and was more into ACC when VR2 landed last Feb.

Pretty much played GT7 every day for months after, and still my go to game now (although have less time to play games at present, but the will likely change imminently as keep arguing with my g/f I've been with for 4 or 5 months :D).

Not cheap option of course. But it elevates immersion, experience and overall enjoyment... love, for it by several notches IMO.

Particularly with decent wheel (yes, more money :)) Fanatec in my case and headphones.

Just happy to do random (non custom in my case as too lazy :)) races over and over in different cars, different tunes, particularly on Nordschleiffe. Used to HATE that circuit, but now I probably spend 75% of time on it. So much easier to judge bends and turns in vr2.

Dont particularly care about 'chase the rabbit' as its so good just being in vr and enjoying driving, atmosphere, feeling...

I'm basically busy doing nothing. Lack of new events dont overly bother me. As I say happy just using different cars, tunes, on small set of races over and over.

Simply phenomenal imo.

Last edited:
Back