ideas to keep the game fun?

• Thread starter HarVee
  • 69 comments
incentive to play more,
Additional motivation to play a game other than playing is a strange concept to me.
I would simply strip it altogether with nothing to replace it, less FoMo/frustration/more fun and actual playing.

Additional motivation to play a game other than playing is a strange concept to me.
I would simply strip it altogether with nothing to replace it, less FoMo/frustration/more fun and actual playing.
But the feature is here and was here in GT Sport too (with a different way of rewarding), and maybe in previous GTs (don't remember), so there is room for improvement, as we know they will never remove it.

If I had gold for every race, mission, license test, etc. then I'd likely just do Sport Mode, especially the online time trials where I typically get into silver range and thus win 1m credits almost every week. Once I've gotten gold on a race within World Circuits, I don't typically do it again, as I don't really believe in grinding - unless, that is, there's a previously-completed event that's part of the Weekly Challenges, which I'd say is another reason to keep playing.

Heck, when it comes to those events you've already done, you could try using a different car that fits the regulations, like how I used the Suzuki Jimny for the Lightweight Kei Cup race at Maggiore, and the Porsche Taycan for the Porsche Cup race at Catalunya.

Of course, even though I've gotten golds on all license tests (including the super licences) and missions, my World Circuits progress is at 89%, so I still could work on that, especially as we get more events with updates. I've also yet to start working on my last available Bonus Menu, featuring the X2019 Nations Cup, but I'm really in no rush.

Last edited:
....I'd likely just do Sport Mode, especially the online time trials where I typically get into silver range and thus win 1m credits almost every week. Once I've gotten gold on a race within World Circuits, I don't typically do it again, as I don't really believe in grinding ....
What do you consider going around the same track in the same car over, and over, and over again trying to get a faster lap? That sounds like a grind to me. And you only get 1-2M credits for it per week. You could grind Tokyo or Le Mans or Sardgna in hundreds of cars racing against other cars and make millions per day.

What do you consider going around the same track in the same car over, and over, and over again trying to get a faster lap? That sounds like a grind to me. And you only get 1-2M credits for it per week. You could grind Tokyo or Le Mans or Sardgna in hundreds of cars racing against other cars and make millions per day.
At least the TTs change every week, and you compete with fellow humans (and the TT thread is very nice). The grind on the big 3 gets boring quick.

At least the TTs change every week, and you compete with fellow humans (and the TT thread is very nice). The grind on the big 3 gets boring quick.
Thats why you change cars. I've done Tokyo in probably 100 different cars. Some are really fun, others are kind of boring. You can change the difficulty of the race by making the car more/less powerful (raise/lower PP levels within limits). I've had races where they literally came down to half a car length at the end.

The problem I have with the TT's is that they are generally a crappy car with crappy tires and suspension on a track that has no flow, like the Nurb GP layout and you have to pull your hair out trying to get another tenth of a second on your lap time. You can spend hours going around the same track racing against your own ghost and have a lap invalidated because you went 1 pixel beyond the track limits. All for what? A couple million credits? Thats not fun to me at all.

I would much rather run Tokyo with a car under 540pp and try to win the race on hard difficulty.

Last edited:
The problem I have with the TT's is that they are generally a crappy car with crappy tires and suspension on a track that has no flow, like the Nurb GP layout and you have to pull your hair out trying to get another tenth of a second on your lap time.
Yep the combos chosen by PD are not always fun, but, for me at least, they have often been the occasion to get to appreciate better a car or a track that I did not know well (or never even driven). And the community and emulation gives me much more motivation and fun than doing Tokyo or Sardegna again, I already stopped playing twice because I could not stand grinding this way anymore.

Last edited:
Yep the combos chosen by PD are not always fun, but, for me at least, they have often been the occasion to get to appreciate better a car or a track that I did not know well (or never even driven). And the community and emulation gives me much more motivation and fun than doing Tokyo or Sardegna again, I already stopped playing twice because I could not stand grinding this way anymore.
We've kept Tokyo fairly fun by creating new challenges (lowest PP, cheapest car, race in a van/truck/bus, etc.). These all pose fairly tough challenges and keeps the community involved. I just don't find the TT's to be fun. Its just me racing by myself in a meaningless car, on a meaningless track for a meaningless prize.

As i hit 100% of races done on my new account i now have fun by doing little manufacturers championships. For example today i bought the Jaguar F-Type plus the Gr.4 and Gr.3 version and raced the Gr.4 at the Gr.4 Cup in Brands Hatch, the Gr.3 at the Gr.3 Cup at Spa and the road going F-Type with 700PP at the Clubman Cup Plus in Monza. I quite like the Gr.3 and 4 cup with it's updated BOP-version. You don't need to worry about anything, only need racing hard tires and go. You also get to experience the BOP without playing online, which is great as I don't have PS+ anymore due to not having concentrated time for gaming.

I prepared other manufacturers to do the same. Already have:

Nissan: Nismo '17 + Gr.3 + Gr.4
AMG: GT '17 + Gr.3 (the newer one) + Gr.4
Toyota: Supra '20 + Gr.3 + Gr.4
Mazda: RX7 '02 + Atenza Gr.3 + Atenza Gr.4
BMW: M4 + M6 Gr.3 + Gr.4
Audi: TTS + Gr.3 '19 + Gr.4 TT
Chevrolet: Corvette ZR1 (C6) + Gr.3 + Gr.4

A shame that there are so few BOPed Gr.3 and Gr.4 races in singleplayer mode. Only 2 Gr.4 Cup races.

It's a fast setting. You only prepare one 700PP car and the Gr.4 and 3 get BOPed with standard tires. Not much fondling around and you can vary the races of the 3 cups i mentioned.

Back