ideas to keep the game fun?

• Thread starter HarVee
  • 69 comments
2 hour Nurburgring. At the start, relax for 15 mins at the side. Let the cars lap you twice.

Then you charge and let the race begin.

I like that idea... Cheers!

I spend 90% of the time with either

- trying to win the Le Mans 30 minute race with every car possible

or

- driving some car around Nordschleife in Time Trial just for fun

I guess I just like driving different cars to see how they feel/look/sound.

B80
Probably not the right answer, but buy VR2.

I hadn't played GT7 for a couple of months and was more into ACC when VR2 landed last Feb.

Pretty much played GT7 every day for months after, and still my go to game now (although have less time to play games at present, but the will likely change imminently as keep arguing with my g/f I've been with for 4 or 5 months :D).

Not cheap option of course. But it elevates immersion, experience and overall enjoyment... love, for it by several notches IMO.

Particularly with decent wheel (yes, more money :)) Fanatec in my case and headphones.

Just happy to do random (non custom in my case as too lazy :)) races over and over in different cars, different tunes, particularly on Nordschleiffe. Used to HATE that circuit, but now I probably spend 75% of time on it. So much easier to judge bends and turns in vr2.

Dont particularly care about 'chase the rabbit' as its so good just being in vr and enjoying driving, atmosphere, feeling...

I'm basically busy doing nothing. Lack of new events dont overly bother me. As I say happy just using different cars, tunes, on small set of races over and over.

Simply phenomenal imo.
Sadly, I'm one of the few that get nausea from VR. I tried the original PSVR couple of times back on GT Sport and just couldn't do it. :indiff:

Over the last two years I've driven every car. Modified about 400 of them at least once. I've done the Online time trials, raced online, tried starting my own league and have done lots of singleplayer time trials and quick/custom races.

I need some new ideas to keep the game interesting. What do you guys do to keep the game fun?
Private leagues, they’re a much more fun than online Sport Mode for 99% of people. Find a few like minded people, who like to drive similar cars, and bang, you’ve got a league started. Or find one that’s already running, there’s are tons to chose from. It gives you people to practice with through the week, and race with come race days, and you’ll end up finding other leagues through racing and meeting people in the ones you do race in. Private leagues have been quite fun, I highly recommend trying out a few.

But if you do like the Daily races, every Friday night at 9pm est, we run 2 of each of that weeks daily races in a private lobby. Here’s a link to the thread we run it out of, feel free to ask any questions or pop in any Friday, its welcome to anyone and everyone. :)

Last edited:
Inspired from the 700PP Turbo Sport car series, I've managed to create my own custom race which I tune all of my favorite cars with the 700PP cap. I take the slowest car, adjust tunning and time-attack it. By the time I finished with the slow ones, I repeat the same process with the formerly-fast ones. It's an endless cycle. I am essentially racing against myself with all of my favorite cars.

Beyond that, I have a clone-version of my own car that I spent countless time trying to find the perfect alignment specs that most closely resemble my car in real life. Everyday, I test out the setup I have at Laguna Seca to prepare for my real-life seat time in my own car. Good thing, I have dyno-tuned my car, so I have some sort of reference that I can try to match in GT7.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220327085339.jpg

Recreating Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 2 and Gran Turismo Sport(much easier to do now ;) ).

There are a good amount of base model cars that were in Gran Turismo’s original car list. For Gran Turismo 3, some can be used in lieu to represent certain cars(2001 Porsche GT3 as the Ruf RGT).

Gran Turismo Sport is pretty dang easy. Main car missing is the AMG F1. Other than that, relive all the events from that game.

Would additional marathon bonuses like another higher star ticket for every additional 26.4 miles in the 24 hour time period make things better?
Hells to the yeah. I mean, they call it a marathon. Should replace the running man(see what I did there? :D) with a car.

My attention span for GT7 has waned in the last few weeks (other games), but when I feel like a relaxing drive I resume my project of making custom races based on the licence tests. One-make races using the combos from each of the 100 licence tests, and then a Quick Race vs Sophy if available. Decent little credit earner.

Besides that I'm still dabbling in Daily Races but generally avoiding Gr4/3.

Weekly Challenges with a pet photography project, recording each race win in Photo Mode (sometimes sharing here in the forum).

My dream is that they give us a way to earn credits from hot-lapping so that once I own all the cars I can TT them at the Nordschleife. I'm not doing it for free.

Last edited:
My dream is that they give us a way to earn credits from hot-lapping so that once I own all the cars I can TT them at the Nordschleife. I'm not doing it for free.
I've not been grinding or anything, but I just play my favorite Gr.3/Gr.2 races at the Ring', Spa and other long duration races. I enjoyed the racing, and at the same time: earn credit. Win-Win for me.

The main part of the game that keeps me is Sport.
Always going for Gold in TT, and if feasible +1.5%.
Usually playing 3-5 races of my favorite race of the week.

If you haven't done all the license tests, get gold on all of them.

You could create professional looking liveries/styles, or recreate liveries on cars IRL. If you didn't know you can upload SVGs to add to your car.

Outside of that, is grinding for Credits, to own every car in the game.
I do the weekly challenges, and if I finish those, I do the WTC600 at Tokyo.

Also, tuning cars for the WTC600 at Tokyo. I've been very fascinated with this race recently, and it's getting me to learn to tune the cars for best performance at 600PP.

I created a F1 series. Bought 20 SF23s. Used 20 different liveries for the teams and created drivers from the real 2023 season. To make it more challenging, since the AI is horrible, I set each car to the max PP and mine to the worst I can. Adjust the tire and fuel wear to realism and race a season.

Almost like playing F1 23 but with a better game and PSVR2
Absolutely fantastic idea !
I've now set up the 2024 teams / drivers.
Great for individual races but we can't have any points scoring can we ? so can't have a Championship and of course only some GP tracks.
But wonderful and really made me enjoy the game even more.....many thanks !

Set up a 3 hour custom race at Le Mans with car damage and only use post 1970’s cars to race in.

Last edited:
Something must be done with the Weekly Challenges. So far we only get one make races involving Radicals, Teslas and 1 singular Porsche model.

How about a Corvette only race? How about Camaros? How about BMW's? How about Lambos? How about a TVR vs. Aston Martin race? How a about a unique GR1/GR2/GR3/GR4 race?

Use your mind Kaz.

The Tsukuba Circuit Attack meet just happened/happening. See if you can build a realistic street car the can beat the fastest time.

For me I usually will grab one of my favorite cars or something I bought but haven't driven yet and go to either Laguna Seca, LeMans, High Speed Ring or try a track I am not familiar with and hot lap. Other times when I don't feel like grinding I may just grab a car and create a livery for it. Just depends on what i want to do

Adding a vote to Custom Races - I’ve worked up to about 7+ saved grids that run competitively. Most of them are replicas - IMSA, F1, NASCAR, ‘90s DTM - some of them are more personal (1999’s Lego Racers, Need for Speed Most Wanted, “my dream cars as a kid,” etc.). Once you dial in the balance and learn to work around the mode’s quirks, they are by FAR superior to all other singleplayer content save a few chilipepper/mission events.

Aside from the weekly time trial and occasionally doing the weekly event rotation for the roulette spins, these custom grids will safely provide infinity hours of fun for me. And only about half of that is racing! This practice has turned me onto livery creation, race photography, and plain old “watching my own replays” as a fun way to pass the time.

For any curious passers-by, I have documented some of my grids on this site, were you to want to avoid the iterative tinkering to find the right competitive BoP. I drive an ‘uncompetitive gold’ time trial, on average, to add some context to how strong I find a well-tuned AI. Silly game always gives the human player the advantage, for some reason, and so many of us are prevented from seeing a fair contest…

I put off learning the Green Hell until a couple months ago and have worked up to using a BOP Gr3 custom race starting 10th on the grid. I run RH like the field and it's a really good challenge for me and fun at the same time. I have come to appreciate and respect that track...and no rain :)

I am on the quest to win all Gr.3 races again with different GT3 cars. I tune each of them, make sure they can win the races, and try to see which one is faster.
The by-product of doing this somehow tuned my driving habits to be more universal and let me drive more ranges of cars. My lap time is steadily improving a tiny bit.

Would additional marathon bonuses like another higher star ticket for every additional 26.4 miles in the 24 hour time period make things better?
The marathon bonuses, should go like - in an ideal world - a 1 star for going over 25 miles, a 2 star for 50, a 3 star for 100, 4 for 200, 5 for 400, and a 6 star for 800.

Last edited:
The marathon bonuses, should go like - in an ideal world - a 1 star for going over 25 miles, a 2 star for 50, a 3 star for 100, 4 for 200, 5 for 400, and a 6 star for 800.
I would have 1 star only most of the days, so no thanks, with my current collector level I cannot get less than 3*, I get 3 and 4 most of the time and sometimes I get a 5 or a 6.

I'd rather have a random * ticket as we have now, with the possibility to have another random * ticket for every other step of mileage done.

I would have 1 star only most of the days, so no thanks, with my current collector level I cannot get less than 3*, I get 3 and 4 most of the time and sometimes I get a 5 or a 6.

I'd rather have a random * ticket as we have now, with the possibility to have another random * ticket for every other step of mileage done.
The idea being it’d be an incentive to play/drive more.

The idea being it’d be an incentive to play/drive more.
Not everyone has so much time to play. The way I suggest will also be an incentive to play more, but if you don't have time to play much you won't get worse than how it is now.

Back