If GT5 does incorporate a livery editor...

• Thread starter EJRocky
  • 1,552 comments
...what designs are you looking forward to making? :sly:

Just thought this'd be a cool idea for a thread, while we're dawdling around waiting for GT5 👍

BMW M5: Nordschleife Ring Taxi:

bmw_ring_taxi.jpg

British Racing Green and a yellow stripe... classic Lotus racing colours, probably on an Elise or Exige 👍

jim-clark-lotus49.jpg

Gulf DBR9:

dbr9frt.jpg

Colin's Focus (RIP, you legend)

colin-focuswrc-jump.jpg

And also his yellow "No Fear" X Games Impreza, Travis Pastrana's #199 Impreza, and Ken Block's "Monster Energy" Impreza 👍

What liveries are you making, if indeed GT5 does have a livery editor? :dopey:

Very Famine-esque.

Anyways, I would probably try to add stripes and things like that to american cars, the way I see it fit 👍

I believe most of the liveries posted on this thread will be basically liveries so hard to make, that people won't even bother to make them.

Last edited:
I believe most of the liveries posted on this thread will be basically liveries so hard to make, that people won't even bother to make them.

I think it really depends on how the livery editor would work to be honest - if its in game and not all that comprehensive then sure, I imagine a lot of people will be put off. However, if you have something that can be integrated with programs like photoshop, and then be importable into the game, then I expect to see some truly fantastic custom paintjobs. Just look at some of the ones made by the nascar 2003 community to see what I mean.

I'll give it a go either way, although i expect most of my designs to suck :sly:

MINI JCW Challenge, this is barring that PD, or any game company for that matter, recognises that BMW changed to an all new Cooper in 2007.

challenge_1.jpg

Very Famine-esque.

Anyways, I would probably try to add stripes and things like that to american cars, the way I see it fit 👍

Actually, Harder Livery jobs are more fun, IF the game has a good livery editor, like Forza or Midnight Club Los Angeles.

I think it really depends on how the livery editor would work to be honest - if its in game and not all that comprehensive then sure, I imagine a lot of people will be put off. However, if you have something that can be integrated with programs like photoshop, and then be importable into the game, then I expect to see some truly fantastic custom paintjobs. Just look at some of the ones made by the nascar 2003 community to see what I mean.

I'll give it a go either way, although i expect most of my designs to suck :sly:

Actually making the Livery youself its more rewarding, more fun and i love doing liveries myself:dopey:

This is how I'll be rollin'...

b2ed3.jpg

Grand Marquis/Ghetto Edition sittin' on 26 inch rims :bowdown: :cool:

Last edited:
All i want, is to be able to put race numbers on race cars! And i want the number 48 ( not for jimmie johnson either) for my race cars!:sly:👍

If it was only possible to do the editing yourself, using the ps3 controller to do it, all I would do is slap a number on the sides.

But if it ends up possible to download community created liveries, I would definitely be downloading the inevitable gulf racing colours pack!

I'd put my age on my car, so expect to see an Enzo with the number 12 on it winning:lol:

Ferrari%20F40%20P6%201.jpg

This one would be nice 👍

Sebring08-nr61-F430-Risi.jpg

A Risi would also be a nice addition

And ofcourse the classic liveries from the Tobacco industry :dopey:

[edit] Mmm, can't see my pictures here....

Last edited:
*IF* it contains one...which it won't, so why bother speculating on what would be cool to do with it?
Erm, because it is a bit of fun? And people accuse moderators of being too serious :rolleyes:

This thread is not about discussing whether GT5 will have a livery editor, what a livery editor in GT5 might be like, or how good it might be compared to other games that do have livery editors. It is simply asking "If GT5 does incorporate a livery editor, what designs are you looking forward to making?". As such, responses are supposed to be in the form of pictures or descriptions of cars with interesting liveries. I'm not letting this thread turn into an argument or a flame war, so please, stick to the topic or your posts will be removed.

Back