If you could have just one new premium...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Floaty_Mexican
  • 91 comments
  • 4,025 views
Messages
542
Messages
boppinblue
If PD were to change ONE standard into a premium for the whole time GT5 was being used, what would it be? Something that means alot to you? Something that you think would benefit others or appreciated by all? Something that is iconic? Or simply something that it would be a sin not to include. Your thoughts please. My personal opion would have to be the jaguar E-type. This car is simply stunning
 
Last edited:
Right now it would be an XJ220.I'm so sick of seeing them in my seasonal supercar races yet I can't seem to find one..:(
 
Nissan Skyline GTR M-Spec

Nah! Just kidding. I would like a 180SX though to complete the S13's. Or the Supra RZ. Maybe a 2nd Gen Miata so I can make it into my own.
 
This is gonna be a tough choice.

I would have to go for the CRX Del Sol (purely because it's my favorite car).
 
The Toyota Corolla AE86 that would be nice.
 
Toyota Supra RZ, 3 gens of Skyline are premiums, yet only the older Supra, c'mon PD sort it!
 
Rob192005
Right now it would be an XJ220.I'm so sick of seeing them in my seasonal supercar races yet I can't seem to find one..:(

Road or race?

My pick would be the M3 CSL
 
Toyota Supra RZ, with something like this for aero.

stock-photo-toyota-supra-trd-2608628.jpg


Front lip and a suitable rear wing just like most of the other premiums.
 
Gillet Vertigo Race Car. 👍
 
Minolta I think.... Or the R92CP Race Car.
 
Volvo 840! j/k

Um... I'd love to see the XFR in Premium!
 
Either Supra RZ or Veyron.
 
MG TF160... it's my favourite car in the game. (although I'd rather they included an MG ZS180 instead.)
 
RS200 rally car or the lancia stratos road car or a RUF RGT
 
Road or race?

My pick would be the M3 CSL

Same here, M3 CSL every time.

Reason is this: it is the perfect car to learn how to drive a touring car, and prepares you for the faster racing versions of these machines.

In my opinion Gran Turismo is and has always been more about the Touring Cars (both production and racing versions) than the LMP/Group C cars, just compare the sheer amount of them (DTM, JGTC, endurance touring cars, WTCC and so on) to the prototypes. They require much more driving skill because you can not just chuck them about and then simply make up time on the straights. You have to understand how and why these cars understeer and how you can tame that/use it to your advantage by changing your driving style or learn to customize a set up.

The CSL has,when tuned up, just about the same power level as a "stock" racing car, about 500 BHP, and is that little less agile which forces you to learn how to drive properly. And as it is (barely, but still) a production car, you can use it for most online/offline races and be competitive if you understand how it works. So I believe it would do it justice to have it as a premium, as does the fact that it's just gorgeous.

Sorry for the long answer, but you asked "why?" :)
 
M3 GTR or TVR Cerbera Speed 12, but it's beyond me why PD wouldn't make the Bugatti Veyron a premium from the start.
 
06 Pontiac GTO. But I'd settle for an 04.
 
Back