If you designed a GT Vision Car what would it look like?

• Thread starter Hamisxa
  • 504 comments
2zpg.png

I'm not sure how it would look, but it would have some rather high-tech wheels. The wheels are centerless and has one rotating part and one fixed part. The drivetrain is electric with a combustion engine - the combustion engine powers a generator that transfer the power directly to electric engines inside the wheels that powers the rotating part.

Inside the wheels are two fans with adjustable pitch controller by a computer. The fans are connected to the rotating part of the wheel, so they rotate at the same speed as the wheels. When driving forward, the pitch is almost flat, for minimum wind resistance. When the driver brakes or turn, the pitch increases to suck air through the wheels, sort of like a jet turbine. Attached to the fixed part of the wheels are three wings with adjustable pitch (controlled by the same computer). When the airflow passes through the wheels, these wings creates downforce. The amount depends on the pitch and the speed of the airflow.

When in a straight line, the direction of airflow is directed outwards from the car. The body is designed in such a way that the air is sucked from underneath the car, creating a lower pressure that sucks the car towards the ground.

When turning, the inner wheel reverese the fan pitch to create an airflow from the inside of the curve to the outside, creating not only downforce but also a lateral thrust that helps the tyres turn the car.
vgt.jpg

Thanks :) All you need is practice, my first models were blocks. There are no curves in Sketchup, its all straight lines. So its much more simple than it can look once youve got the hang of it

View attachment 120623
Yeah that's true. But I guess I'm sorta only using GS8 in my study periods in school, thanks to an Autodesk 3DS Max student license 👍

If I designed a VGT car it would be like a mental Subaru STi with 750 hp that looks like Lamborghini designed an STi...

I really like the idea of an accessible F1 car. So I'd probably have a very similar design to a BAC Mono. Maybe a P1/Mono mix.

Imagine if the Deltawing and the 2014 Porsche 919 LMP1 car had a baby, with a full petrol-electric hybrid system like the Porsche, but with a little 1 litre 3-pot engine...and road legality.

Alternatively...a Lotus 72 with mudguards and lights (LCC Rocket-style). :)

The top ones look more aggressive. Like something that would come on a concept. The bottom is what the car will most likely get for production :P

Is it mid engined?

1795518_754801381211719_1970846176_n.jpg

The Line On The Horizon

LUCKY#13

Edit: after a few teasers and a whole redesign of the project, Scuderia Legacy is proud to introduce the Vision GTLM2030.

1979492_754837111208146_530005821_n.jpg

1010093_754837124541478_806314734_n.jpg

1972405_754837084541482_556088519_n.jpg

Designed around the idea of Can-Am racing's progression through the years, this concept uses design elements to appeal to the driver in game, and also allow the car to perform function perfectly. Sponsored by BP for Car #13, with other livery designs available, as well as a base model.

Last edited:
Back