If you struggle with Vettel Challenge...

  • Thread starter Thread starter sebase74
  • 24 comments
  • 3,004 views
Messages
88
Messages
sssebastiannn
...have a break and do some licence tests. They'll feel incredible easy. I just golded 5 Special Events and two others in no time. It boosts your ego too. 👍
 
But you should be able to gold all licences and special events with your eyes closed anyway. Jk
 
I already have all golds in the licences and have completed every other event bar the ridiculously long enduros. I always felt i was improving with them (the licences and special events) if i didnt get gold within the first five mins or so...

I have had the vettel challenge open for over a week now and cant get within 8 seconds of bronze on any track.

I use a DFGT and have even reverted back to controller and then back to DFGT i have tried several hours each day and still no improvement =(

To me the X1 just feels like im driving a rocket in a freaking cave theres no fun in it and it has spoilt the game if you ask me..

In fact i started playing F1 again last night and had more fun on it than i have in GT5 in ages.

I just dont understand why they would make something so impossible with such a poor handling car.👎
 
Bummer, I thought this was gonna have some secret new found advice.

Getting gold on GP/F and Suzuka as well as the last two A-spec enduros and the last B-spec enduro are the only events I have left.
 
I already have all golds in the licences and have completed every other event bar the ridiculously long enduros. I always felt i was improving with them (the licences and special events) if i didnt get gold within the first five mins or so...

I have had the vettel challenge open for over a week now and cant get within 8 seconds of bronze on any track.

I use a DFGT and have even reverted back to controller and then back to DFGT i have tried several hours each day and still no improvement =(

To me the X1 just feels like im driving a rocket in a freaking cave theres no fun in it and it has spoilt the game if you ask me..

In fact i started playing F1 again last night and had more fun on it than i have in GT5 in ages.

I just dont understand why they would make something so impossible with such a poor handling car.👎

The handling is amazing, far from poor. I thought the X2010 was very fun to drive personally. It is a different challenge compared to all the other cars in the game to master.
 
But you should be able to gold all licences and special events with your eyes closed anyway. Jk

Lol, yeah, instant Platin...

Anyway, thanks to the Vettel Challenge I now have 55 Gold Trophies. *bow*
 
The handling is amazing, far from poor. I thought the X2010 was very fun to drive personally. It is a different challenge compared to all the other cars in the game to master.

I just find the handling far too inconsistant to enjoy
 
I just find the handling far too inconsistant to enjoy

The handling is very consistent (Probably the most consistent in the game) as long as you don't go over any kerbs, just stay on tarmac and you should find no issues at all. Get better at driving it and you will find it is very fun to drive on the limit. The car is planted so you don't have to worry about losing the car as long as you stay on track.
 
The handling is very consistent (Probably the most consistent in the game) as long as you don't go over any kerbs, just stay on tarmac and you should find no issues at all. Get better at driving it and you will find it is very fun to drive on the limit. The car is planted so you don't have to worry about losing the car as long as you stay on track.



How can you say its the most consistent handling in the game its just too fast for it to be consistant, the car is all over the place fast corners slow corners it does not matter. If you think its consistant then id like to see you post just 3 laps in a row where you can get within .200 of a second of your first lap. I could do that with any other car guranteed this x1 though like i said before its like trying to drive a rocket in a cave.. its utter pointless.
 
Half of the problem with the X2010 challenge is how it's setup, having to do two laps and not letting you continue after going off. If it was more like a time trial where you could do lap after lap after lap trying to hit a time and just getting laps invalidated if you go off would make things much easier.

But as it is now you make a mistake and are disqualified to start again, you don't have time to build up a rhythm lapping the track, a lot of the time you'll only ever do a few corners of a lap.
 
How can you say its the most consistent handling in the game its just too fast for it to be consistant, the car is all over the place fast corners slow corners it does not matter. If you think its consistant then id like to see you post just 3 laps in a row where you can get within .200 of a second of your first lap. I could do that with any other car guranteed this x1 though like i said before its like trying to drive a rocket in a cave.. its utter pointless.

The handling should not be about driver ability. It is about how it responds as a car and that is the same. Very neutral handling and it never changes unless you go upset the car from either jumps or big bumps or kerbs. My first lap in the car is very consistent when I did the challenges, then I was most of the time around 1-2 tenths off my best first lap.
 
The issue for me is that getting bronze was fairly easy but getting silver is simply not possible (I'm a DS3 user)

I was hoping to have more motivation to play, but with 3 bronze I've achieved all I can shortly after unlocking the test.
 
The issue for me is that getting bronze was fairly easy but getting silver is simply not possible (I'm a DS3 user)

I was hoping to have more motivation to play, but with 3 bronze I've achieved all I can shortly after unlocking the test.

Congratulations on getting bronze on Suzuka with the DS3, I found it hard to go round the track with one with any decent pace.
 
How can you say its the most consistent handling in the game its just too fast for it to be consistant, the car is all over the place fast corners slow corners it does not matter. If you think its consistant then id like to see you post just 3 laps in a row where you can get within .200 of a second of your first lap. I could do that with any other car guranteed this x1 though like i said before its like trying to drive a rocket in a cave.. its utter pointless.

This isn't necessarily because of the car. It's 'all over the place' because at the X2010's speed, you have much less time to react to getting the racing line exactly right i.e. it's more difficult not because the car is crap, but your reaction time is greatly reduced.
 
Half of the problem with the X2010 challenge is how it's setup, having to do two laps and not letting you continue after going off. If it was more like a time trial where you could do lap after lap after lap trying to hit a time and just getting laps invalidated if you go off would make things much easier.

But as it is now you make a mistake and are disqualified to start again, you don't have time to build up a rhythm lapping the track, a lot of the time you'll only ever do a few corners of a lap.


Completely agreed. There is just no rhythm to the event.
 
Congratulations on getting bronze on Suzuka with the DS3, I found it hard to go round the track with one with any decent pace.
Thanks. I think you'll find you can gain some time in the second half of the lap, it's just that the esses are so hard to get around you don't get much chance to practice the rest of the lap.
 
Thanks. I think you'll find you can gain some time in the second half of the lap, it's just that the esses are so hard to get around you don't get much chance to practice the rest of the lap.

The esses I found so hard to go around with a controller fast. It is very easy in comparison to go around them with a steering wheel. By the way I golded the challenges with steering wheel before trying with the controller to see how hard it is.
 
The X1 really puts your reaction timing to the test due to how fast it is, because you have to turn at precise moments and at the right speeds, otherwise you will fly off. When you get used to its speed and know how to master cornering with it, it will feel like a breeze, especially outside of the vettel challenge where there isnt any DQs
 
The X2010 takes a completely different approach to drive fast. One thing I've noticed is because it has so much grip, the braking point is often well beyond the turn-in point. So you'll turn-in first then brake, which is the opposite of most other cars. This is especially evident on Nurburgring GP/F and Suzuka. Another thing is SRF -- to exploit the extra traction from SRF, you need to turn the wheel as much as you can, even on fast sweeping corners. This allows you to take corners at a higher speed.
 
For me it feels like I can handle the X2010 better with SRF off.
 
I already have all golds in the licences and have completed every other event bar the ridiculously long enduros. I always felt i was improving with them (the licences and special events) if i didnt get gold within the first five mins or so...

I have had the vettel challenge open for over a week now and cant get within 8 seconds of bronze on any track.

I use a DFGT and have even reverted back to controller and then back to DFGT i have tried several hours each day and still no improvement =(

To me the X1 just feels like im driving a rocket in a freaking cave theres no fun in it and it has spoilt the game if you ask me..

In fact i started playing F1 again last night and had more fun on it than i have in GT5 in ages.

I just dont understand why they would make something so impossible with such a poor handling car.👎

Why do people always have to whine?
Its not the cars fault its yours. :grumpy:
 
This isn't necessarily because of the car. It's 'all over the place' because at the X2010's speed, you have much less time to react to getting the racing line exactly right i.e. it's more difficult not because the car is crap, but your reaction time is greatly reduced.

This right here is the answer. The car is great but your reaction times are greatly tested while driving it. My first time driving it was after I got home a hard day at work and it was 1am, so my reaction times are really affected. I'll try again today if I could even get a bronze from those challenges.

I was hoping to see some tips on this thread but here's a tip I learnt last night, watch the demo replay. It really helped me get closer to the bronze timing, about 6sec short. Also, dont hit those kerbs! I'm used to driving touring cars that I slightly use those kerbs and it doesnt have any affect. On the X1 though, its different. You lose vital seconds if you keep doing that, like Iam. lol
 
Last edited:
I managed to bronze the Vettel challenge using a DS3, was tricky but with alot of practice it can be done, i had TC 0 ABS 1 ASM off and skid recovery on, Suzuka was without a doubt the hardest i found

I managed to get my hands on a DFGT yesterday and after a while getting used to the wheel i thought i would give this challenge a blast and go for silver, Monza was easily achieved, Nurburgring has proven a little difficult but i have just gotten silver there and will give Suzuka a shot sometime tomorrow

I also used the driving line (i never normaly use it) this seemed to help me alot as a guide line of the 'ideal' line to take, also i had read that people have got silver/gold having ABS set at 10 (i thought it was strange) however i gave it ago and i seemed to corner alot quicker on nurburgring

So my setting tips are, TC 0, ABS 10, ASM off, skid recovery on, and use the driving line as a guide

Also, if you are using a DFGT adjust your brake bias, i set mine to front-10, rear-7 seemed to help me improve a little
 
Last edited:
...have a break and do some licence tests. They'll feel incredible easy. I just golded 5 Special Events and two others in no time. It boosts your ego too. 👍

Hehe that's a great idea!👍👍

I like the way you think! I haven't actually tried the Vettel challenge yet but it's nice to know I have a recourse if (when) it doesn't go so well...
 
I went for another try today for the Vettel Challenge. Last night, half asleep I managed to drive a time of 2.25.xxx and then today, after realising that I have left the TCS at 5 last night, I turned it off. After turning it off, I drove a 2.17.xxx, its not good enough yet but for me thats something. I'm taking a break off it then I'll come back to it again.
 
Back