IGN interview with KY

I have pretty much given up on getting useful info out... GC was gonna answer questions, the TGS was gonna answer questions, now we aren't even getting answers from interviews, I think it's pretty obvious that PD is just not going to give us solid info for one reason or another.

I have pretty much given up on getting useful info out... GC was gonna answer questions, the TGS was gonna answer questions, now we aren't even getting answers from interviews, I think it's pretty obvious that PD is just not going to give us solid info for one reason or another.

Is really is silly, isn't it?

First, the "major advancement at the TGS" comment and we received nothing - and now, KY confirms weather and day/night to be in GT5 in the Gameblog interview - only to say "we might do that, but we haven't yet" in the IGN interview.

What is with the misinformation? How lame!

I think KY is quite clear in this interview: "We could try to implement weather in the next 5 months, but we'd rather spend that time improving the damage model, beefing up the online functionality, jerking off, etc."

1:05 confirms they can release the game in North America alongside Japan March 2010 if Sony lets them

👎

I think they will work on the damage and release GT5 and then add more of these other features like weather, maybe livery editors etc in GT6 if they can't add them all in for GT5. He hints that once all the basic hard work is done it will be quicker to release another game.

anymore, its like whats the point of watching an interview with Kaz? He flip flops on things more then Obama and Brett Favre combined. He gives us no concrete answer on anything other to say that "we are working hard, its been awhile since the last numbered GT game was released and I drove a Nissan GT-R to work today" Thank you for time

anymore, its like whats the point of watching an interview with Kaz? He flip flops on things more then Obama and Brett Favre combined. He gives us no concrete answer on anything other to say that "we are working hard, its been awhile since the last numbered GT game was released and I drove a Nissan GT-R to work today" Thank you for time

I noticed that incomparison to the French transcripts. People are stating he confirmed day/night and weather, but in the IGN interview he waffles. Unusual? Mmmm, maybe.

Damn, nobody's ever happy. All I see on here anymore is complaining, complaining, and more complaining. Just be happy with what you get.

Damn, nobody's ever happy. All I see on here anymore is complaining, complaining, and more complaining. Just be happy with what you get.

I was joking. Super-excited for GT5, even if it's nothing more than GT4 with online and pretty graphics.

What about EU? the FIRST market for GT series :grumpy:

Your not kidding

Gran Turismo 4 sales to date

58% - 5.85m Europe
29% - 2.93m North America
12% - 1.25m Japan

I also love how PD has only been working on damage for 2 months.

What have they been doing the other 60 months since GT4's release?

He talked about 20 locations, with 70 courses within these locations...sounds like 70 full courses, didn´t say a thing about "variations". What do you think?

if that's true, how could they present damage at the E3 trailer, almost 4 months ago?:)

damn right I am going to complain. I feel I have the right too, after dropping over 130 dollars in GT series games. I was pretty disappointed when hearing this game wouldnt be released in 09, (I should have known) but then to say one thing, and then in a diff interview, contradict what you had just said earlier. Kaz is a ****ing douchebag who likes to toy with our emotions. Give us a firm release date, stick to it, and let us know the features. Was he that tormented and bullied as a kid that he likes to torment people in his adult life? If he was in any other business, he would have been fired YEARS ago for not meeting deadlines on projects, I can assure you.

Your not kidding

Gran Turismo 4 sales to date

58% - 5.85m Europe
29% - 2.93m North America
12% - 1.25m Japan

Building and then re-building their game engine as they change their minds about how theyre going to release it, building that fantastic lighting system, modelling all the cars, recording all the sounds, travelling the world to take thousands of photos and laser scans, making GTHD, GT5P and GT Mobile.....

Not exactly lazy, or are we expecting them to pull what they did for GT1?

NBH
I think they will work on the damage and release GT5 and then add more of these other features like weather, maybe livery editors etc in GT6 if they can't add them all in for GT5. He hints that once all the basic hard work is done it will be quicker to release another game.

When GT6 arrives? Nope.

Kaz knows that the GT community wants to see weather and day/night racing [with day/night transitions especially during the 24 hour endurance races].

If they implemented damage in 2 months or less - and they have been working on rain, snow and fog for a few years - why not just put them in the game, confirm it to be so and leave it at that? He knows we want those features and he confirms they are in the game in the Gameblog interview - but then he says "it's possible" in the IGN interview. He also says "it's possible" regarding PSEye head-tracking, a feature we already know to be in the game - but now he is saying "Yes, it's possible"? Take the French Gameblog interview as 100% correct - weather and day/night racing CONFIRMED. 👍

I noticed that incomparison to the French transcripts. People are stating he confirmed day/night and weather, but in the IGN interview he waffles. Unusual? Mmmm, maybe.

Again, it's baffling and unnecessary. He should be concrete and definite with his answers; especially when the game is due out in a mere 5 months.

I expect we will see more on weather, night racing and car customization in the next few months - maybe even next month!

Haha I am happy , don't worry...
I'm very excited about GT5 anyway..
and when I'll be able to touch it, I won't complain in any way..
i was just baffled by the weather confirmation that I'm now sad to see it was just something the French dude made up or understood wrong.

damn right I am going to complain. I feel I have the right too, after dropping over 130 dollars in GT series games. I was pretty disappointed when hearing this game wouldnt be released in 09, (I should have known) but then to say one thing, and then in a diff interview, contradict what you had just said earlier. Kaz is a ****ing douchebag who likes to toy with our emotions. Give us a firm release date, stick to it, and let us know the features. Was he that tormented and bullied as a kid that he likes to torment people in his adult life? If he was in any other business, he would have been fired YEARS ago for not meeting deadlines on projects, I can assure you.

Nobody's making you buy the games. Giving a firm date and sticking to it? The only firm date we have has so far was announced last week as March 2010 for Japan. There have been no other firm dates. I doubt he thinks he is tormenting anyone. He's just doing his job, and you think he's pulling your eyeballs out.

You aren't owed a game.

DAMN! You gave PD 130 dollars over the past 10 years and they gave you nothing in return, yet still have the nerve to have interviewers misinterpret what he says?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! If you'll excuse me I am now going to go into extreme PMS mode!

3517755421_ccb8815330.jpg

I don't get it, we know mostly everything about this game, we know alot of cars, some tracks, online, world map, all that stuff...Only thing to confirm is weather and night, just chill, it will come out march hopefully in uk aswell... complaining isnt going to make it come faster... so just be grateful of the info we already know.

You aren't owed a game.

I never once said I was owed anything, I will pay the money for the damn game, if its ever released. I won't be playing video games forever, and im certainly not getting any younger.

Nobody's making you buy the games. Giving a firm date and sticking to it? The only firm date we have has so far was announced last week as March 2010 for Japan. There have been no other firm dates. I doubt he thinks he is tormenting anyone. He's just doing his job, and you think he's pulling your eyeballs out.

4 yrs to come up out with this game, which I am sure will eventually be delayed for people in the US...its just a matter of time before its announced. When Kaz said "it will be released SOON after GT PSP", he knew damn well 6 months isnt soon after. Atleast not to anyone I know. Is it to you?

DAMN! You gave PD 130 dollars over the past 10 years and they gave you nothing in return, yet still have the nerve to delay the game?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

3517755421_ccb8815330.jpg

I am glad you agree with me. I dont think its an outrage, but good Lord, quit waffling and flip flopping on the features of this game. No wonder so many people get pissed off at Kaz and PD. I am sure they have pushed many people over to FM3 and Xbox.

What if when he means "20 locations" he means countries. And by "70 different courses" he means 70 tracks and various of tracks in 20 different countries?

Thats the way I am reading it. 20 tracks with 70 version of those makes no sense.

if that's true, how could they present damage at the E3 trailer, almost 4 months ago?:)

Kaz was saying that when we first saw damage in any form, it only took them about 2 months to implement what we saw. Now, he and his talented team are refining and honing the total effect - even adding in deformation damage to the vehicles. The finished game will amaze even the skeptics.

Personally, I am fine with just dents and paint scuffs/scratches. I always wanted just that. I don't have to have damage so extreme that I end up driving only a beat-up frame with 4 tires and an engine. :sly:

Haha I am happy , don't worry...
I'm very excited about GT5 anyway..
and when I'll be able to touch it, I won't complain in any way..
i was just baffled by the weather confirmation that I'm now sad to see it was just something the French dude made up or understood wrong.

The French interview was 100% accurate, as was my Fiancées translation of it. If Gameblog wants to risk plagiarism charges - then they could have lied [why?]; but the interviewer is a professional racer and a close friend of Kazunori Yamauchi, so that leads credibility to the whole affair. I trust the Gameblog interview 100%. :sly:

Back