IGN interview with KY

The only people played for a fool are the ones who hung onto every word said or misinterpret whatever they heard as truth. I'm well aware of just how daft Sony can be so if anything, I'm not surprised and have been more wary then most therefore technically, I'm not the fool. My expectations weren't as high as everyone else's was. Maybe this time, everyone will learn to think before they start to believe everything they hear.

Sorry, that should have been "we" instead of "you".

At any rate, had Sony been honest and forthcoming, while the news would have still been disappointing, and likely not well recieved, at least you could respect their ability to at least be upfront about it.

As it is, there is nothing to respect, only that which is ligitimately worthy of disdain.

Every freaking time I see him not giving straight answers in an interview, I want to get mad but I just find it hard to get mad at him. He seems so nice and humble in his interviews and he has a very kind face. Kaz is like the opposite of Dan Greenawalt.:lol: I like him and I will buy his game when it comes out.

Every freaking time I see him not giving straight answers in an interview, I want to get mad but I just find it hard to get mad at him. He seems so nice and humble in his interviews and he has a very kind face. Kaz is like the opposite of Dan Greenawalt.:lol: I like him and I will buy his game when it comes out.

You have fallen under his spell! :D

To tell you the truth I am glad and mad at the progress and don't really care if its released december of next year if its perfect. The only thing I ask is that they update GT5p with the cars the cars they have shown so far this year, the tokyo track and the ring at least that will please all the people that were dedicated and bought GT5p.

That is all for my first post.

PD bassically underestimated the competition, did not listen to the fans and thought they could get away with the old tired GT formula. It turns out that being this ignorant is not good for business.

My thoughts exactly. PD struts around knowing they are the best racing game creators in the business - which they are - but now they are suffering for it. I really, really hope that there is weather, night racing and more than 20 courses to race on in GT5 after 5 YEARS of work. Anything less than 40 unique courses would be unacceptable in regards to that time-frame.

What I'm mad about is the spineless, deceptive song and dance Sony has perpetuated since E3, when it was known then, what the time frame for the release of GT5 would be.

Nobody likes getting "strung along" especially when there was absolutely no reason to do so other than, I think they wanted to avoid the obvious ire of their idiotic decision to prioritize GT PSP over GT5.

Maybe you don't realize you have been played for a fool, but many of the rest of us do.

Well said. 👍

It's deplorable how PD and Sony have handled their biggest franchise - and it's slowly making me resent the whole interview process regarding Kazunori Yamauchi. In fact, is anyone here excited about whatever presser Kaz is scheduled to attend next? I'm not - because most likely, we will all just be let down again.

We hope for news - and in the aftermath, we get nothing. Again, we hope for news - and again we receive nothing. At last, we yearn for a scrap of news and then we get nothing with a side of regurgitated nonsense. Instead of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", it's like "The Kaz Who Cried GT"! :dunce:

Bad marketing at its finest it looks like. Only reason I see them putting GT PSP before GT5 is so they can promote the PSP go, a complete waste of time in my opinion as it doesn't replace the current 3000 model so its purpose is useless to me.

Again to you, well said. 👍

The PSP-GO is useless to me as well - both because I already have a PSP 3000 and also because I like a tangible game in my hands to insert into a system - hence why I wouldn't have purchased a PSP-GO anyway. :sly:

At any rate, had Sony been honest and forthcoming, while the news would have still been disappointing, and likely not well recieved, at least you could respect their ability to at least be upfront about it.

As it is, there is nothing to respect, only that which is ligitimately worthy of disdain.

That gave me goosebumps due to it's accuracy!

PD and Sony need to have a meeting [that is, if they can catch Kaz before he jets off to once again leave his GT5 duties to judge yet another car contest, or to participate in another meaningless race] to discuss the priorities of:

1. What the fans want to see in GT5
  2. What tasks and non-GT5 projects should be put aside to make development of GT5 more expedient
  3. Solve any and all marketing issues to ensure that at the very least, GT5 will release in all territories at the same time as Japan
  4. Focus on the growth of the GT franchise and not on what Kaz wants to do with his producer/director time [as is evidenced by his absence on more than one occasion doing everything but overseeing the development of GT5]
  5. See number 1 - the desires of the fans are what is going to drive the popularity of Gran Turismo as it continues through the years - new features and innovation - not just dressing the game up in "next-gen" clothing. What we want to see in GT5 should be the ONLY thing PD is determined to deliver.

*sigh*

Me too. :dopey:

As much as I want to despise him for his half-truths and his misleading, lying nonsense - he seems to be somewhat straightforward and I know he does work hard [when he is actually there and working]. :sly:

as was I. Just venting my frustration for the Kaz being so cocky thinking his **** doesn't stink. Its the same **** everytime PD is working on a new GT game. It will have this, it wont have this. It will be released here, oh wait, nevermind it will be here. Kinda frustrating wouldn't you agree?
I like Kaz, He's a good man and he makes great games, I've learned to not doubt his genius after GT3 and GT4.

It's deplorable how PD and Sony have handled their biggest franchise - and it's slowly making me resent the whole interview process regarding Kazunori Yamauchi. In fact, is anyone here excited about whatever presser Kaz is scheduled to attend next? I'm not - because most likely, we will all just be let down again.
To be fair, the interviewers could be asking better questions. For example, "What exactly do you mean by 'locations'?" That would at least give Kaz the opportunity to say something like, "Oh, like, Italy, Western United States, etc." When the interviewer just asks him (again) how many tracks there are, Kaz says, "20 locations and 70 courses," and the interviewer just says, "Okay, thanks," instead of asking for clarification, you can't really blame Kaz for not realizing he's not being as clear as we'd like him to be, especially when he doesn't have any idea what Interpreter-san is actually saying to us.

We hope for news - and in the aftermath, we get nothing. Again, we hope for news - and again we receive nothing. At last, we yearn for a scrap of news and then we get nothing with a side of regurgitated nonsense. Instead of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", it's like "The Kaz Who Cried GT"! :dunce:
Well, IGN did ask one good question, and we learned that GT5 will have dynamic damage instead of the canned "bent car" you might see in other games. Gamespot found out we'll be able to buy stuff like spoilers and air dams for our cars.

PD and Sony need to have a meeting [that is, if they can catch Kaz before he jets off to once again leave his GT5 duties to judge yet another car contest, or to participate in another meaningless race
Again, to be fair, it's not like Kaz is personally modeling the cars, or hand-writing all of the game code. He's pretty much there to lay out his "vision" and oversee things to make sure that vision is being executed properly. I don't think spending 20 or 30 days a year going to auto shows really slows things down as much as you think. And he's enough of a workaholic I'd be very surprised if he wasn't reviewing car models and stuff in his hotel room every night, telling his staff, "No, I just drove one, and this bit isn't right yet." :P

Plus, he's almost obligated to put in some face time at these events, as a way to thank the manufacturers for the assistance they've provided in making GT such a great series, and ensuring they continue to offer such support.

Besides, I think Kaz works hard enough he's earned a little time actually enjoying the thing he's so passionate about that it drove him to create the greatest driving game of all time. ;)

1:05 confirms they can release the game in North America alongside Japan March 2010 if Sony lets them

👎

good luck, it is also GOW 3 launch so say good bye to GT5 launch for march in USA and Europe. Since Sony focuses more on profit. I think it will be for December 2010 xmass for more sales of ps3.

I like Kaz, He's a good man and he makes great games, I've learned to not doubt his genius after GT3 and GT4.

Just so I don't give the wrong impression, I agree 100%.

The fly in the ointment as I see it is Sony's influence at PD over Kaz.

IMO, that is strictly why we are having to endure this whole ridiculous scenario over the release of GT5, including the untenable time frame and likewise the apparent lack of progress with game.

Back