I'm having issues reinstalling the game

DesertPenguin09

(Banned)
United States
Long Island, New York
DesertPenguin09
I've gotten up to the point where the game starts. Every time it says "An error occurred during installation" and it fails. Every time.

What do I do?

Can you start the game offline, i.e. disable the internet connection and play without any updates?

Let me try, but I doubt it. Nope, it goes right to the update preparation in progress crap again

Everything else was done overnight through PS+ auto. I woke up and started the game to this

Last edited by a moderator:
OK that's most likely the failed update issue we all go through. You'll have to delete everything and then manually install each update one by one. Set your PS3 up for a wired connection, it helps immensely. Are you familiar with the process?

Another thought. Do you have the disc or is it digital?

Digital. So basically sit there and watch them install and stop it manually after a few? Then start the game and it should install them? Then more and repeat?

Im not sure if its different with digital, but I think it should be the same. Your right on watching it...:guilty:

enable internet, download and install one update to the PS3, quit the download process, disable internet and start game, install the one update into the game, quit the game, enable the internet and download/install another update. There are several threads about this. If you search on this site you will find more detailed info on it.

When I did this on a new PS3 in March it took me 6 hours with time out for dinner. I was getting arouund 15 to 20 mbps at the console. Internet connection must be good and relatively fast. When I was getting 3mbps at the console I was totally unable to do any updates.

Gotta go out for awhile, Ill ck this thread later to see if you've got more ?'s.

The basic idea is that you cannot update from in the game itself.

Thanks. I'm working 1-6 and there's racing today (IMSA and WEC) so I'll set it up tomorrow. When the one update installs, the game will load to the main menu? Then quit?

Hi DesertPenguin09
I was able to successfully install all the updates on a 2mbps connection in the first try .

The method mentioned above is correct ; download patch , let it install , cancel next update , run game , let the game automatically install the patch if it requires to ( if you reach main menu then the patch was successfully installed , you can check the version in the upper left corner of the screen ) , exit game , download and install next patch .....

I don't think I had to disable Internet connection then enable it for each one , but I believe that makes the game launch faster and you don't get update nagging screens , so you don't waste time .

When I did it , I only did that method for the big sized updates , but you can do it for each one of them ( even the small ones ) just to be on the safe side .

I'm doing it now. Got the first 6 and then cancelled. Do I really have to do the next 15 one at a time or can I do it in chunks like the start?

You can do it in chunks , but after big patches ( 400mb or more ) , cancel and install in-game .

It's been more than a year since I did it , so I forgot the exact "pit-stops" I did during that patch installing Endurance .

Twice so far I missed a tiny one and it went so fast. It was okay though doing two. I won't risk it again heh

Also, with no save data, it goes through making a driver name and getting on track before reaching the main menu. I quit the game during the start-up when it says I'm not connected to the internet and continued from there. No problems so far.

Back