I'm stuck... (GT World Championship)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Timothy
  • 99 comments
  • 17,995 views
I won every race exept Hong Kong using the 88C-V, I only lost in Hong Kong because I rally screwed up my pit strategy, I mean really screwed it up and I lost a 23 second lead.
 
live4speed
I won every race exept Hong Kong using the 88C-V, I only lost in Hong Kong because I rally screwed up my pit strategy, I mean really screwed it up and I lost a 23 second lead.

In New York I entered the pits so fast that I came out without having stopped. Tried again the next lap, little slower offcourse, and then the car did stop.
 
I took the lazy man's way and just got the F1. Won every race easily, pitting twice on some courses.
 
I did it with the R8, only Honk Kong let down on me. This is a awesome challenge!
 
I used the Toyota Minolta with mediums on the front and hards on the rear. Drove some races, and B-Spec'd some of them, and had no trouble. I started
with the Stage 4 turbo on it for the ~12OOhp and then took it off later and found
that I could win with or without it.

That Ford GT prize car that you get is pretty sweet.
 
The thing I love about these ultra fast championships is that there is such a wide range of cars which you can face.

Not massive, but large. I've attempted this championship 4 times now (4th time finished it..finally)(I quit the first 3 times), and each time I have entered it there has been a different grid.

The grid I ended up completing the ch-ship with was:

Jag XJR9 (me)
R92CP
Sauber Merc
Another Jag
GT-One
McLaren

I was quite suprised to see the GT-One and the McLaren in 5th and 6 position, I don't really take notice of the real 24hr series and race events so I don't know which cars are the fastest, but after GT3 I was expecting the GT-One, the R390 and the 787B to be the among the quickest. The 787B proved itself, but the GT-One finished last on Grand Valley and the R390 finished way behind on the All Stars cup which I just finished. (World Championship and All Stars in one day..not bad eh?). But seriously, the R92CP looked to be in a different league than the rest of the cars, every single race I entered the R29CP flew off into the distance, leaving me 5-6 seconds behind once I managed to get 2nd.

The hardest race in this championship IMO was Paris Reverse. Believe me, this track is not built for Le Mans cars. It's way too bumpy, and it' quite easy to lose control of the car. But of course, the AI are pretty quick around the track, I spent the whole race with a Sauber in my rear view mirror with the R92CP up to 11 seonds ahead.

I mentioned that I raced in the All Stars championship, which had a different grid. It included the R390, 787B, Bentley Speed 8, Toyota 7 and the R29CP. The advantage of having such a wide range of cars to race against is that it gives off a different challenge each time. I did the All Stars Cup straight after the World Championship, you would think it would be a bit boring, but it was brilliant, because I was racing different cars. I even raced against a Camaro LM in the World Championship!

Speech over, Im going to do the Dream Car Championship now :dopey:

Marshy
 
Ridley-X4
I'm using a Toyota 88C-V Minolta, and I use my Action Replay MAX to disable the AI. It's a cakewalk!

*Everyone throws tomatoes at me*

Some members: BOOOOOOO!!!


why on earth would you want to cheat?!!!?!?!?!?! I mean, this is such a fun race, and using a 1200 hp minolta is like half cheating ne way, I won it no sweat, even let my b-spec guy smoke the last 2 races cause I hate la sarthe and suzuka. the rest: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh, have to pass this guy, ok , zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :dopey: :)
 
Is the Camaro Race Car any good? It handles well, at least.
 
Giancarlo
Is the Camaro Race Car any good? It handles well, at least.


i doubt it would stand a chance against cars like the 787b, minolta toyota, etc
 
Isn't the Minolta locked from being bought?
 
Giancarlo
Isn't the Minolta locked from being bought?


yeah, u win it in the el capitan enduro race, of which the camero would smoke. if u haven't won the minolta yet, i would suggest winning it now, makes the tough races a whole lot easier. 👍
 
Right now i'm in the middle of the gt world champ race, and i'm using a brand new gt-one all modded out with hard tires up front and super hards out back. I started this series yesterday with an r8 and got my ass handed to me in hong kong(i really dislike this track), then got 4th on seoul, after a bad first lap in el capitan I left the race, then I went and bought a few different cars to try out(i've got max credits..boo for me cheating..its the only cheat i've used) and couldn't get in there with a good feild. I finally decided to try the gt-one and have had succes with it. I lowered it 5mm and put thr front brake bias up to 5. On hong kong i made the gearing alot shorter. that helped some and got me to a 2nd place pole on the practice laps(they really help out alot!) and then I got lazy and let b-spec run it only to be in 6th by then middle of lap 1(bspec was hitting the walls in places where I wouldn't) so i took over and ran the race till the end taking my 6th lace with pride..lol. so far after that with the tires set like they are I can almost make a full race without pitting(el capitan, r246, seoul) and its useful when the 787 is in your feild..cause it will not pit until the LAST lap. I stopped last night after winning the New York race and will get back to it tonight when i get home. My roommate tried the Playstation spec car and he said it was fairly nice as well, its what he is using for his gt world champ races. I have to say if this is just the end of the professional league then this game is fierce..much better than when halo 2 came out(yeah i'm a halo junkie as well)

Later
 
Anyone know if the Extreme Hall races are harder than the GT World Champs? I paused to do some American races after finishing the Pro Hall and would like to know if anyone is having difficulty with the Extreme Hall.
 
larrymags
Anyone know if the Extreme Hall races are harder than the GT World Champs? I paused to do some American races after finishing the Pro Hall and would like to know if anyone is having difficulty with the Extreme Hall.

I wouldn't say that they are harder, but they are more of the same as GT World Champ. Most of them require a LMP type car (except the Lounge and Dream Cars) so the competition is about the same as GT World Champ. I was kind of disappointed by Extreme Hall in that regard. I was hoping there would be like some fully tuned FR, MR, AWD races that require a production car.
 
I have been struggling for weeks with the GT World Championship. Easily seems like one of the hardest races in the game.

But the other day, I somehow beat it quite easily.

I used the Minolta Toyota (I believe you win the El Capitan endurance) with medium (R3) tires on the front and super-hard (R1) tires on the back. I bought the stage 4 turbo so it has like 1200hp. I b-spec'd this series after many other b-spec as well as a-spec attempts. The medium tires in the front allow him the get the traction he needs to catch an early lead in most of the races.

There was only two races where I had trouble. I was in third the entire race and when the first two cars pitted in, it was my only chance to take the lead. My tires were already crap and the lead I gained from this wasn't too big at all. I ended up getting 2nd twice, but I still had more than enough pts to win.

Good luck in your attempts.

- Jeremy 👍
 
can anyone tell me which version of sarthe it is in the final race? I did very poorly last night on opera to grand valley and which version of sarthe is run will decide my plan of attack..lol let me know if it is with chicanes or without

Gray
 
stryfe101
can anyone tell me which version of sarthe it is in the final race? I did very poorly last night on opera to grand valley and which version of sarthe is run will decide my plan of attack..lol let me know if it is with chicanes or without

Gray


It's the one with the chicanes.
 
Its the chicaned version which for me added up to a hell of a lot of funny moments

After the two Nissans had double teamed me into the sandtrap near the start of the race i needed to catch up the 38 seconds they had pulled out on me. On the 3rd lap as i hit the 2nd chicane i noticed the Minolta and R92 had both span and i only had to catch the R89 which then pitted and i sped to victory in my BMW LMP :D
 
cool..i've gotten pretty good at skipping across the sand in those chicanes, i guess the main deal breaker for me is if the race is a rolling start or standing start..cause I will easily qualify first, but on those standing start races i just sit there and cope with wheel spin and throttle while the sauber mercedes, 787, and minolta toyota miraculously have godlike hook up and take off past me very quickly. the cars i'm against this go-around are the sauber mercedes, the 787b, the minolta toyota, the r89( i think) and the silk cut jag. my gt-one does well up top and can catch these people on a straight, but low end acceleration sucks.
 
i had problems trying to use the mercedes also. Its a tricky car. Run the grand valley enduro and get the toyota88c-v and then get hard or superhard tires and you can run the race without pitting. you will be slower, but wheneverybody pits, you will make up at least 20 sec. I did that and it worked like a charm. ALthough i forgot to get the hard tires and had to consewrve what i had to make only 1 stop.
 
Have you tried idling during the 3...2...1 and then hitting light throttle when it's green? The throttle, even on the hand controller is analog and takes quite a bit of practice but you can mitigate some of the wheelspin if you start from idle when the flag drops and then don't give it full throttle until the tires have time to hook up. I learned this technique when I was going for the golds in the license tests.

I think this is a case perhaps where a pedal and wheel setup is advantageous but since I play in different venues at different places I prefer to use the standard hand controller and avoid anything that might not be available elsewhere.

stryfe101
cool..i've gotten pretty good at skipping across the sand in those chicanes, i guess the main deal breaker for me is if the race is a rolling start or standing start..cause I will easily qualify first, but on those standing start races i just sit there and cope with wheel spin and throttle while the sauber mercedes, 787, and minolta toyota miraculously have godlike hook up and take off past me very quickly. the cars i'm against this go-around are the sauber mercedes, the 787b, the minolta toyota, the r89( i think) and the silk cut jag. my gt-one does well up top and can catch these people on a straight, but low end acceleration sucks.
 
I used a stock Toyota Minolta race car with super hard tires rear and hard tires front. I won every race except hong kong (opponent spun me sideways into the head of the pit wall got 3rd) and Paris (I suck at Paris reverse got second). I faced all three different Nissan race cars too, so a stock Toyota Minolta will do the trick with the right tire selection.
 
success!, I won the championship last night! I got home and went in and did and oil change and car wash(didn't know you could do that while entered in a championship) then ran at least 3 4 lap practices to make sure I could qualify 1st and to check tire wear, and to make suspension adjustments. I did notice quite a bit of bouncyness and when in rear view I could hear my tires squeaking from the downforce on the bumps(when I got done I went straight to the toyota section and did a chassis refresher, might just buy a new gt-one for later anyway). When I finally got the the race the flag dropped and I was gone...lol no pit stops, no mess ups, I was very happy, and I have the say the ending movie was pretty cool. Now time for some endurances and missions. msako thats not a bad idea on the trottle usage..i'll start giving that a shot and will try that when I go thru the license test again for silver and gold.
 
Phil McCavity
win an audi r8 (errr i forget which enduro race) then use the r8 to win a nissan r92cp (fuji 1000)

then u can win the GT world champ (use rh tyres)


some of you guys aren't really clever!!! you see, the point we're asking is becourse we cant proceed to the enduro' races! :dunce: therefore we cannot win the fast cars!!!! :scared:
 
phillip
some of you guys aren't really clever!!! you see, the point we're asking is becourse we cant proceed to the enduro' races! :dunce: therefore we cannot win the fast cars!!!! :scared:

Ok but you can buy a decent car though. If you run the Japanese championship then selling the Fairlady Zed concept enough times you can then purchase the R390 GT. Mod it up to suit and have a go. I did this and won it very easily taking 1st in all races. I still suggest qualifying though to get a jump start.

You don't have to race the enduro races and it is a very good car with predictiable handling and a lot of straight line speed.
 
phillip

Endurance is opened at 25% not after you complete Beginner and Professional. Extreme is opened after completing Beginner and Professional. If you need help getting to 25% do the special conditions and mission hall races instead....
 
Hi, I have the Gillet vertigo race car at 960BHP and 780KG, is it possible to win the championship in this car or will I need to get a better one. I've only got 390,000 after buying the Gillet so what else should I try to win.
 
You can win, but you don't have much room for mistakes.
 
Well I just completed the 1st race 25 seconds ahead of the 2nd place car. I am driving a fully tuned MINNOLTA 88C Race car with Hard front and Super Hard rears. My competition as of now is
Peugeot 905 race car '89 6pts
XJR-9 1 pt
GT-One race car 3 pts
Courage C60 4 pts
Bentley speed 8 2 pts


wish me luck at the Super Speedway 👍

edited the MINNOLTA spins out way too easy almost spun on the first corner...I even have it setup to understeer a bit..well...on with the race
 
I raced the Toyota GT-One in Motegi High Speed Ring, Hong Kong, Suzuka and Sarthe while B-speccing the other 6 and got full 100 points. I also pit in 1 lap later than the AI cars and changing to RM-RM tires with about 2 laps left. No refuel.

Front RM
Rear RH

Stage 4 Turbo with oil change with end result of 1088hp

B driver at around 4500 points.

Enjoy, its bloody fun! :)
 
Back