I'm stuck... (GT World Championship)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Timothy
  • 99 comments
  • 17,995 views
I have been struggling for ages to get a car to beat this, Thanks to all

I wish they had more nascar like circut races, the slipstreaming is great!!
 
i beat it pretty easily...i won the 24 h Nurburgring (exhausting), and used the F1 car i won to beat the GT World Championship...If u think that race is tough, wait till u get to extreme races...
 
What's all this hype around the GT World Championship these days?

It isn't hard, it's way to easy.I used a stock GT-one with medium tires at front and rear,sometimes I had to pit twice and at La Sarthe I spun out in one of the last corners and finished second.Won all the other races.

I think Hong Kong is just the easiest race of this event since I finished with a lead of almost half a lap on the Minolta.

PD just made the AI too slow and too stupid, maybe the AI can't handle the GT-one because it is ABSOLETELY worth the 4,500,000 credits.Also I won the GT All Stars with a STOCK GT-one ending up with a max. of 100 points.

In fact, the GT All Stars is way more easy then the GT World Championship. 👎


PD made this game a little too easy in some events, I really hoped for more competition in the GT WC


Cheers,
 
Well I did it with the CLK-GTR, but it was the hardest series I've ever done. I only won the championship by 1 point I believe. If it wasn't for all the understeer on that car I could have done better. But if you want to just fly by that championship, do the 24hr nurb race and win the F1 car, which then you can use to beat that championship with ease.
 
Pink_the_Floyd
What's all this hype around the GT World Championship these days?

It isn't hard, it's way to easy.I used a stock GT-one with medium tires at front and rear,sometimes I had to pit twice and at La Sarthe I spun out in one of the last corners and finished second.Won all the other races.

I think Hong Kong is just the easiest race of this event since I finished with a lead of almost half a lap on the Minolta.

PD just made the AI too slow and too stupid, maybe the AI can't handle the GT-one because it is ABSOLETELY worth the 4,500,000 credits.Also I won the GT All Stars with a STOCK GT-one ending up with a max. of 100 points.

In fact, the GT All Stars is way more easy then the GT World Championship. :tdown:Cheers,



OMG, were you not the person who in a previous thread complaing that you could not do it, bit Cheap for you to say it was easy, & i would mind the pics of ur a-spec points from your GT-one stock.

ALSO

Who Ever made this Please search there are thousands Of threads on this, and it is solved easily just by searching.

Thanks Tm 👍
 
tm2003
OMG, were you not the person who in a previous thread complaing that you could not do it, bit Cheap for you to say it was easy, & i would mind the pics of ur a-spec points from your GT-one stock.

ALSO

Who Ever made this Please search there are thousands Of threads on this, and it is solved easily just by searching.

Thanks Tm 👍

:odd:

I said I couldn't do it with the CLK-GTR untill i bought a GT-one

:odd:
 
Pink_the_Floyd
:odd:

I said I couldn't do it with the CLK-GTR untill i bought a GT-one

:odd:


Allrite, If Im wrong, but If so im sorry and i appluad you for that feat,
but its just ive seen so meany people say, yeah ive done it in such and such a car, and its all bull, its rather annoying.

Cheers mate 👍
Tm
 
I've seen someone claim to do it in fully tuned Ford GT road car:lol:, yeah right.
 
live4speed
I've seen someone claim to do it in fully tuned Ford GT road car:lol:, yeah right.

Exactly , Stupid Stuff like that.

People Just Are Plain Stupid, A Guy claimed to have done it in a zonda, :lol: & he was about 12.

Any Way Pink sorry if a made a mistake.
 
tm2003
Allrite, If Im wrong, but If so im sorry and i appluad you for that feat,
but its just ive seen so meany people say, yeah ive done it in such and such a car, and its all bull, its rather annoying.

Cheers mate 👍
Tm

Maybe I got some good advice for all the people who are in this cup:

1.Pick up your car with all the mods you are going to use in every race.

2.race with these mods on every track that's in the cup(go to free run or something in the menu)

3.now you know the tracks and your car's acceleration,handling,braking,...

4.buy some qualifying tires

5.if you are having troubles with qualifying, use these tires (qualify tires)

6.before the race change back to hard tires or the tires of your setup

7.race, you know the car and track and such, it should be a little easier now.



Hope it workes 👍


BTW: tm2003, you asked me after my A-spec points.3000+ i got, actually they aren't good for anything do they?I mean ,I don't need any a-spec points since you can't win a prize for a certain amount of a-spec. Does it??



Cheers,

(going to bed now, almost 00:00 :scared: )

Catch you all later 👍
 
You guys neglected to mention the 787B; i'm still in first place by about 15 points at the halfway mark of GT World Championships.

*****in' car, just needs a stage four turbo and widened out ratios to be effective (it's only got 5 gears, so make them really wide if you have to). I haven't reached Circut de la Sarthe, but i raced there out of the series and whomped my opponents (easily won by about 5 seconds; pretty good for me :lol: )

Hope this helps out a bit
 
I'm fighting to get through this thing with the XJR9 Jaguar, and so far I managed a fripping tie! AUGH! Either I get bumped into a sandtrap, misjudge a pit stop, or set the tranny ratio off. I do the mostly straight courses like Tokyo, New York and Seoul with hard/super hard and always win. The road courses like Paris and Hong Kong usually eat my lunch because it's hard to judge when the bots are going to pit, and darn those suckers are cheap. On top of that, I have the earlier Logitech wheel controller and it tries to shake out of my hands on long straights like Motegi has. Or used to, I think it's finally dying. Oh well, I do want one of the $130 wheels...

Pink_the_Floyd
What's all this hype around the GT World Championship these days? ....
PD made this game a little too easy in some events, I really hoped for more competition in the GT WC

Here's a thought: don't upgrage your cars much or at all, and if that's not challenging enough, use harder tires. If that's still not a challenge, use less powerful cars.

I made my races competitive on my own like that. I used to race with much weaker cars in GT2 and it was a blast. I didn't win a whole lot, but when I did, it was super sweet.

The point of Gran Turismo isn't to upgrade the challenge out of it, but to win with skill, grit, and a few choice words from time to time.
 
tm2003
Exactly , Stupid Stuff like that.

People Just Are Plain Stupid, A Guy claimed to have done it in a zonda, :lol: & he was about 12.

Any Way Pink sorry if a made a mistake.

Thanks for the pm man, really kind 👍

I'll add you to my msn list later today.



Cheers,
 
i used the black R92CP
i didn't get all gold
got 6 on two of the races.. (screw Hong Kong - -)
and i still win
tip: tires is the key to success
 
I'll go to win Cathedral Rocks and try with escudo....... i've put some 4,5 million and buy a panoz.....oh god....my dear money.....arggg
 
Don't buy the Panoz unless you've got other LMP cars, it's the worst LMP car in the game.
 
I did this race in a fully modded CLK GTR TOURING CAR, It was so close and hard but I just managed. The key to success is to get the tires right and get that car to stop under steering, Playing with the downforce also helped. I don't think I got all gold but I went back with my Minolta and cleaned it all up ( I think :boggled: )...
 
I'm too lazy to go back and quote the user -- but he/she stated, go to the various Free Run tracks and race them in the car you want to use during GT WC. That's not a bad idea -- personally, I went into every race and just kept using the practice option until I was able to keep tires cool, and keep a lead of about 25 - 30 seconds on the rest of the field. With that kind of a lead, you should be able to pit without losing your lead on them too much.

OH -- and I did it in a MAX tuned CLK (about 1000 HP)
 
live4speed
Don't buy the Panoz unless you've got other LMP cars, it's the worst LMP car in the game.


Tks ;)....@ this time those 4.500.000 mil, have now been lost (forever) LOL
 
mflintjer
I'm too lazy to go back and quote the user -- but he/she stated, go to the various Free Run tracks and race them in the car you want to use during GT WC. That's not a bad idea -- personally, I went into every race and just kept using the practice option until I was able to keep tires cool, and keep a lead of about 25 - 30 seconds on the rest of the field. With that kind of a lead, you should be able to pit without losing your lead on them too much.

OH -- and I did it in a MAX tuned CLK (about 1000 HP)

Either way works, the only problem I can see with this one is if you spend too much time in the series practice learning the tracks, you are going to start sacrificing some horsepower because of oil degradation. Don't know if it would be enough to compromise your chances of winning in the later races but possible I suppose... Especially since you are looking at Le Sarte near the end= High Speed. This might also be of concern if you are running the race series with a turbo because you or your car needs it to be competitive.

phattboy
 
live4speed
Don't buy the Panoz unless you've got other LMP cars, it's the worst LMP car in the game.

Hahaha, yeah, i bought it for american chamption, i still lost 👎 becuase it's really sucks, and i don't like 2J because it's relaly umm cheater air sucker creating downforce

By the way 💡 I beat it with Viper Race car (forgot name--- O team or something), and yeah, i'm pretty much shocked that this viper is WAYYY much better than Panoz
 
hi
can anybody help.
having trouble wininng super speedway 150 miles.
have tried this in a few cars.
but keep hitting side walls.
this is on b-spec.

thanks.

dickie..
 
phattboy
Either way works, the only problem I can see with this one is if you spend too much time in the series practice learning the tracks, you are going to start sacrificing some horsepower because of oil degradation. Don't know if it would be enough to compromise your chances of winning in the later races but possible I suppose... Especially since you are looking at Le Sarte near the end= High Speed. This might also be of concern if you are running the race series with a turbo because you or your car needs it to be competitive.

phattboy

You can exit the championship as if to save and go to GT shop and get an oil change during the championship. Last night I exited and saved to finally go to bed and just for the heck of it tried to get an oil change and it worked without booting me from the championship.
 
dickie
hi
can anybody help.
having trouble wininng super speedway 150 miles.
have tried this in a few cars.
but keep hitting side walls.
this is on b-spec.

thanks.

dickie..

Hey dickie,
Yeah, I was having the same problem with my Bspec driver. You have to drop down to cruise just before entering a turn and quickly back up to push just before exiting. At midway of tire wear, when there good and stick he can handle the larger end at fast and push. My Bspecer is at 7500 skill, 84 machine and 72 course and battle.
 
jparker_1987
You can exit the championship as if to save and go to GT shop and get an oil change during the championship. Last night I exited and saved to finally go to bed and just for the heck of it tried to get an oil change and it worked without booting me from the championship.

Will wonders never cease??? Seems like I learn something new everyday. Guess I never tried doing that 👍 Better yet :lol: I never thought about trying it??? Sheesh! 💡 Guess I still have old habits to break yet in this game.

phattboy
 
phattboy
Will wonders never cease??? Seems like I learn something new everyday. Guess I never tried doing that 👍 Better yet :lol: I never thought about trying it??? Sheesh! 💡 Guess I still have old habits to break yet in this game.

phattboy

No doubt! It was about 12:30 last night, I was saving progress after 1st race of European 1000 miles, when for the heck of it I went to GT Auto and it opened, clicked oil change and it opened, did oil change, went back to world map and still showed I was in 1000 mile championship. Go figure. I'm 50% complete an just found this out. That was one of the big things we all wanted in GT3. The loss of HP after only 150 miles killed you in all of he big championships in GT3. Fortunately the power loss due to oil seems to be higher in GT4. I'm still not sure what it is though.
 
Hi there just quick question, do u buy or win the Pescarolo Courage C60 '03, ive tried this race with the clk and its good enough to do it but the tyre life stops me from winning
 
baz_lad
Hi there just quick question, do u buy or win the Pescarolo Courage C60 '03, ive tried this race with the clk and its good enough to do it but the tyre life stops me from winning

What game day are you on? If you are near 694 I wouldn't waste my credits on the Courage. It is a fair car but there are better. On day 694 you can pickup the Nissan R92CP at the used lot. The black version everyone is talking about. It is a awesome car. It is what I won it with. The Nissan 390 GT, Toyota GT1, Mazda 787b, black versions are available the same time and with good driving they are quite capable of winning this series in stock form.
 
Bah, LMPs suck... I beat this championship by 1 point with the black 92... and now I'm doing the extreme hall. Real circuit tour (or whatshisname) is just ridiculous... just tried Tsukuba so far since it's a short track, and even though my car is maxed out the AIs drive faster on the straight (I can cope with the 787B, R8s and R390s etc well enough, but cars like the sauber, AI's r92 are just hopeless)... If I try to enter a corner with an AI car less than 2 secs behind me, I'm in the sand.

I guess my biggest issue is braking with these cars (No balance setting makes me able to brake nearly as good as the AI cars, making city tracks horrible), and trying to take corners with the d-pad is a test of patience to put it mildly. It seems to me that new physics+LMP+DS2 just doesn't add up (I end up understeering like a madman in sharp corners, wth). I'm sure I CAN win it, but it won't be any fun... that's why I guess I gotta train my b-speccie to do them, or just get the F1 car (I'm not using the 88cv because of the ridiculous spinning) :-\

Did PD make these races harder in the PAL version? My B-Speccie is @ almost 7000 points and he doesn't stand a chance in a maxed r92 (1123HP if I'm not mistaken).

Bah I'm fed up now :(
 
Back