I'm stuck... (GT World Championship)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Timothy
  • 99 comments
  • 17,995 views
phattboy
:grumpy: Having a bad day are we? :grumpy:

lol yea pretty much :yuck:

It just sucks that the cars you have to drive for the 'end game' races are almost undriveable with the d-pad :indiff:
I used to be pretty good in GT2 and GT3 but I'm having a really hard time (and lots of gamer rage heh) whenever I strap on a group C car in GT4... Having no trouble whatsoever with other cars though, silvered half the S licences first try etc...
 
Ske
lol yea pretty much :yuck:

It just sucks that the cars you have to drive for the 'end game' races are almost undriveable with the d-pad :indiff:
I used to be pretty good in GT2 and GT3 but I'm having a really hard time (and lots of gamer rage heh) whenever I strap on a group C car in GT4... Having no trouble whatsoever with other cars though, silvered half the S licences first try etc...
As far as I am concerned, my hat is off to anyone who can drive GT-anything with the D-pad. I have to use the stick, the x for throttle and the square for brakes... If you learn the stick, you really can get so you can control the group C cars. Reaction for turning etc is faster I think.

Good Luck!

phattboy
 
phattboy
As far as I am concerned, my hat is off to anyone who can drive GT-anything with the D-pad. I have to use the stick, the x for throttle and the square for brakes... If you learn the stick, you really can get so you can control the group C cars. Reaction for turning etc is faster I think.

Good Luck!

phattboy

Why thank you. :sly: I have beaten Tsukuba, Laguna Seca, and Sarthe each in one try in the Real Circuits Tour so far with my black R92CP. And a word of advice to those of us who still run GT on automatic: Heed the word of the flashing gear indicator. If you go flat out on the brakes as soon as you see the number flash, so should be going at a pretty good speed for the corner, with minor adjustments sometimes necessary.
 
phattboy
As far as I am concerned, my hat is off to anyone who can drive GT-anything with the D-pad. I have to use the stick, the x for throttle and the square for brakes... If you learn the stick, you really can get so you can control the group C cars. Reaction for turning etc is faster I think.

Good Luck!

Thanks lol, it seemed that all those enduros had erm unstiffened my car. 50k credits later, and it was piece of cake 👍

Driving those cars is still insane with the pad though especially on the ring... Finally managed to win Real Circuit Tour by an average of 25 secs by racing on RM/RH without pitting, but I let my b.spec take care of the ring for now. The old LMPs just get too nervous on that track, at least until I feel I've mastered it properly.. Been spending too much time drifting lately :dopey:
 
What u should do is do the 24 Hour Nurinburning (mind the spelling) Endurance Race with the CLK GTR AMG and then win the F1 car and then do the race.
 
phattboy
As far as I am concerned, my hat is off to anyone who can drive GT-anything with the D-pad. I have to use the stick, the x for throttle and the square for brakes... If you learn the stick, you really can get so you can control the group C cars. Reaction for turning etc is faster I think.

Good Luck!

phattboy
Before GT4, I thought using the sticks for accel and braking was crazy, now I couldnt go back. The level of control is just THAT much better.
 
I won this today with my Minolta (with turbo). I won every race but two Tokyo where I came 4th (B-Spec) and El Capro(sp) where I also came 4th.

My advice is use Medium tyres on the front two tyres and super hard on the back two. Also do practice (so you get 1st on the grid) on the tracks which are harder to overtake cars eg Opera and Tokyo.
 
Timothy
I'm kinda stuck with GT4... Please read on..

I have finished al the European, American, Japanese and beginner events...

Most of the Pro events are also done already, but I'm at the last cup now : The GT World Championship.

At first, I tried to win it with a stock Mercedes CLK-GTR (the one I won from the DTM championship...).

I didn't work out for me.

Spent 90.000 on a stage 4 turbo, leaving me with +1050 BHP

Entered again, able to win a couple races but still not good enough to take the Championship.

I wouldn't mind if not that it kinda 'blocks' the game : I can't go on with the Extreme events.

What would you guys suggest to me? Thanks for all help/advice in advance


Cheers, Timothy


PS : please don't mind spelling-mistakes. I'm Belgian and English is not my first language...

Well dude... your not alone.. i faced the same problem... the CLKGTR is a big challange if you want to finish.. i tried it on bspec and it was raining acid for me as i couldnt pass the LAST CAR ITS SELF!!! :dunce:

but then i noticed, IM underpowerd... as i went and checked out the stats. for other cars... shocked!!!

i heard bout the el captain race, .. search it up as i posted some comments and there is other comments on it too...
basicaly ul win a minolta which is super fast, pack it with a turbo and its a rocket booster.. its UNSTOPPABLE... just be carful bout tires and fuel and how you pit in.. pit in EXACTLY or nearly to the half way point
EG* ... there are 16 laps.... when do u pit in...?
Answer : 8!!!
just Divide the laps by half and you should pit in on that lap... because your car will auto pit in anyway but try to make it last,
the last cup isnt THAT hard yet its a challange... in certain tracks you DO not have to pit in... because its a waste of time... search Famines post/view on the pit in and the clk gtr.. thanks famine! if i said it right :S
anyway just get the minolta to let it go easy on your self, you must be 25% and over to enter the enduros, and hopefuly u should have that by now
GoodLuck! 👍
 
Ske
Thanks lol, it seemed that all those enduros had erm unstiffened my car. 50k credits later, and it was piece of cake 👍

Driving those cars is still insane with the pad though especially on the ring... Finally managed to win Real Circuit Tour by an average of 25 secs by racing on RM/RH without pitting, but I let my b.spec take care of the ring for now. The old LMPs just get too nervous on that track, at least until I feel I've mastered it properly.. Been spending too much time drifting lately :dopey:

👍 GOOD JOB!!! Stickin' to it!!!

phattboy
 
Back