Im tired of these unnecessary downgrades.

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 145 comments
This could be caused by a number of things, but it’s not a “downgrade”, it’s a bug of some sort. PD clearly modeled the car in full detail, you can see it in most places that aren’t in-race, it’s just not rendering the correct LOD (level of detail) at certain times.

This could be caused by a miscalculation in the LOD algorithm, a bug in the model itself that uses CPU inefficiently and forces lower LOD, or the car could have an error in optimization and this is what the rendering algorithm makes of it.

The game is supposed to run at a stable 60 FPS, and if every car was rendered at max polygons (which for the record, is never the case in any game anymore) the CPU/GPU couldn’t handle it. So the game will utilize lower detail models for assets that aren’t priority (I.e. far away). You don’t need 100k polygons on something if it’s only taking up 20 pixels on a screen (like when a car is far away), so games will have lower-poly models rendered for when the full detail isn’t necessary. Since GT6 PD have used a dynamic system (adaptive tessellation is what’s commonly referred to) where cars adjust their LOD on the fly. What you’re seeing is a breakdown of this process, where the game either thinks the car is far away or thinks the car is taking (or just is taking) too much CPU power.

You’re getting a little hysterical over a minor issue that can (and likely will) be fixed in a hot fix...

*Edit

And as a side note I’d be interested to see what it looks like from hood cam, as you’ve yet to post what that looks like on your screen, all you’ve shown is rear-view 3rd-person.

**Edit Edit, somehow missed hood cam in OP.

Last edited:
I’m tired of these stupid threads. GT planet has a SERIOUS moderation problem.
Playing with fire: the post

Seriously. These guys find time to censor my accidental filter dodged swear words when they've been buried by 3 pages in the busiest thread on this forum (bad habit). I wouldn't push it. I've met crap mods and nazi mods in my time on the web, and GTP has neither.

Have you guys ever checked Porsche 911 turbo headlights? They are really messed up. It looks like car is belong to some kind of ps2 era game. We are in the 2019 pd you cant put those edgy models into the game. They looks awful.

wMzZ6q3j5LPohWtLrtvoS6K6BajSUnxZVMgPSZUQ6EbrRCeg8WA2Qu84Qp9UxS26cXdkKB36yASKBtPEUH0PIc-qCOmmNI55DCJV16PvjWqZ5ZPeXIF22IAkdQ2_cJyOR5FC9s4FrcaGRXpzyaCDt9DLHYZ3gzAIoh4yh7Hl3Eek0DHOqd1tdESCCe_-DceOX9H5oIWx8fMUDcM-ixYguLqnXhRXpsdh6OaTbUdGeOjF1omqxiLCG-fhe1uxbAnrbHAn_FFfnYcNHNxTUITfDBe6FLlFwqGfkL9TVK0pbFavL324zpyTCstpfV6tJdxq_awUynicOhGNrnO9k02PkOCPr_3CZQKHNUQWjqB5s0OJM-3xsDRvbwRTEItkQoqYTjTi8JYJ8NyraJgbnA_k_tMoZrjeN79urfd60-iBWXyYYaD_Ra6FmvmARSy5-xERmO0DSfuBNjaae6zEb91JLy3AnrGZaT-v7-BsE0fzFMdCGZSlfGC8elt0Fvm1IDV-NDoOvfEXNJffOMHnKuSg15X75LTrrwd6206E2LEMMb0m5FswkUDLekj1jgXzIabrVMtXHdHJw8tNzHwC0WFdAyPcLX82tw9PqDMzmL6vqOPZ-rJ77IRuM1QnU-Cu2_po7ihZppna_62qgV9b37w6l2gCudCU_5_VzfksIGOOAVOab9m5FilBzezuckobQ2bGVseK6xXhw4oQ1_FVKq67FzH_=w1168-h657-no

UE7DKyVrkxSnT3etqBMglyBSVUpRtCYk5s-CwnFdDK-1mQ9nmbBLLol7NNIJ9W1jVtZiKUcJHgNljy8OlVtUMRFyAA6xtw2g9QOctQBu1hkluUkXYq6GnSQdYNklkQ6Xg3SRXYgbfR6ypQKJHulxUWXSlcya5WOy2O6JQZ7e4rHCwFLBjzXElEoHv5Jy-s_UYo_1vd_XpKwhlgNzDSzWvp68XYp5zShwduBiKdgRSd4GET8iR2FNsoAhopVmDOH01BEfaSkgJRH_cXeFup4GFYZp6bbblecTVoJErXnaxAliqCqronNcIW3OrnUzoJiwIruGY29NhPhRYJ-H4VHxBm7gLZOAsMM2PSRkO9c6caJ4dlwWyPa3iVtKTYyijNqs5i6whJPfQswGDPV6vcGYrVxy3vz2AklcA-ZRUUVTr8uKdvR84Rq1puEA8H03C-KG_XNGhktvtr7K3pVPb1zwarCAmBkmAXz8zFqAhuX2lv6MgH-710jKSFvBBBZgSwLfyYH2OOdmqHlCxonfuq5yiQ3jgvkkBklXaGm3mCtfTRWtt3AkwvsVMSs84cZpdkaB5pAn4Xj08PPqRDTvsaM6WgL4JVVR7efzIrdrgW2S6geelmKi96l-aEdBveFwid8YVxss0pA5YQ8o5cegfFATLgSxEDI2eKU=w1168-h657-no

The Toyota FT-1 has the same problems just look for example too the edgy exhaust pipes at the back. Is just a take over from GT5 or GT6

Yes, something is odd:

View attachment 839591 View attachment 839592

There are definite edges on your photo, but mine look perfectly round (to me!). Take it yours is a time trial at Sardegna, mine is Dragon Trail.... I wonder if the course has something to do with it (but not sure how or why!)

EDIT - Just wondering is it a 4K thing? I'm using lower resolution 1080P.....
No you are using photo mode. Cars back to their former glory in photo mode. Downgrade/bug only happens while in race.

And as a side note I’d be interested to see what it looks like from hood cam, as you’ve yet to post what that looks like on your screen, all you’ve shown is rear-view 3rd-person.

I shared a hood cam in the first post.

The headlights are fine in photo mode, but when you're driving on track it's not fine. Many cars have a distinct LOD issue, not just this Porsche. I don't think it's intentional for the model to stuff up in this fashion.

That because you are using the photo mode. In this mode the polycount is crazy high. But we are talking about the in-game LOD problem, there is inconsistency and that why we are pointing it out. Maybe PD forgot to turn ON the tessellation on some cars. I hope they will fix it soon because I like the graphics of this game.

Didn't the picture of the yellow Porsche come from photo mode too? Or is it a screen shot while the race is ongoing? Mine is from a Time Trial replay (and then took a picture after pausing) ..... I have a feeling I'm missing something basic here :)

SORRY ALL - I missed all the later posts..... I geddit now! Thanks :cheers:

Maybe so, but I just find the complaints like this ridiculous, not so long ago we had cars that looked like rectanges with barely any detail and square wheels. And in the middle of racing do you really have the time to check how many polygons a headlight has? Any concessions made in the name of solid 60 fps is fine in my book.
Just because your book only cares about frames per second doesnt make my complaints ridiculous. Gt sport is a game that graphics are very highly matters. Even Pd care of it very seriously thats why they implemented ray tracing to the game.

FYI, it took PD almost a year to fix the ABS Exploit
Since its patched, you mind telling me how the exploit functioned? I've had the game for more than a year now and I have never heard about said exploit...
Thanks in advance..

Just because your book only cares about frames per second doesnt make my complaints ridiculous. Gt sport is a game that graphics are very highly matters. Even Pd care of it very seriously thats why they implemented ray tracing to the game.
Even so PS4 doesn't have infinite resources so sacrifices have to be made somewhere. Maybe they'll fix the LoD, maybe they won't, no point in losing sleep over it.

Since its patched, you mind telling me how the exploit functioned? I've had the game for more than a year now and I have never heard about said exploit...
Thanks in advance..

Sure. Basically all you had to do was apply the brakes just slightly enough to get the ABS icon to flash, but not enough to have any braking power applied. When ABS was activated, for one reason or another the car had much better grip & top speed, and you were untouchable really.

Even so PS4 doesn't have infinite resources so sacrifices have to be made somewhere. Maybe they'll fix the LoD, maybe they won't, no point in losing sleep over it.
Sacrifices needs to be made but that still doesnt explains why porsche looks so bad while others looks amazingly good. Its obviously an error or lazy work.

Sacrifices needs to be made but that still doesnt explains why porsche looks so bad while others looks amazingly good. Its obviously an error or lazy work.
Do you know what a bug is? The car is modelled in full detail but there’s an issue in the final code affecting the LOD and/or tessalation. You can clearly see the bug by comparing the front wheel arch with the perfectly formed rear arch on the in-game model. In some circumstances this can be rectified if you pause the game for a moment.

While PD need to be made aware of this issue. We can’t really complain about the quality of the car models. If anything needs improving it’s trackside grass textures. But this is likely a bandwidth issue and will only be upgraded on PS5.

Sleep? This is a life or death matter. PD clearly planned a personal attack on car models. If this isnt rectified there may be dire consequences.

I see talhaone has moved on to non stop complaining about this instead of the nismo gtr lm. Does it ever end?

We've been here before.

View attachment 839856

Well it appears to be an obvious bug but there is 3 pages of this guy calling PD lazy and basically saying they did it on purpose. These kind of bugs happen in alot of games but no way is it allowed to fly in gt sport. No sir not for one minute. Definitely a gross over reaction yet here we are 3 pages later. Same as the nismo gtr lm thread. He is always right. opinions and logic dont matter. But i am gonna bounce from this thread before i get banned or something.

A bug is an unintended error in the code. This has been explained 5 times. Thats why it looks bad at the moment. My god the complaining.

Last edited:
Back