Image loading issue

• Thread starter R5
  • 13 comments

R5

(Banned)
England
Location, Location
Hello, GTPlaneteers.

I have recently noticed a recurring problem throughout the forums, be it in conversations or threads, where someone posts an image which is broken, but appears when you quote their posts. I remember a thread where the same problem was happening with gifs over a certain size, so I'm wondering if it's the same issue or something else?

Thanks in advance.

On a Samsung Galaxy S5 using Google Chrome

So this is the broken image?

Alfa_Romeo_GTV_facelift_front.JPG

I checked the server logs and it appears the origin server doesn't want to talk to GTPlanet's server. There's nothing to be done about it, unfortunately.

So this is the broken image?

Alfa_Romeo_GTV_facelift_front.JPG

I checked the server logs and it appears the origin server doesn't want to talk to GTPlanet's server. There's nothing to be done about it, unfortunately.
Ah thanks, is that the same for the second example posted?

Yes. That one is from another server, though it reports the same error. I will have to investigate further.

Quite a few images I have tried to post have been like that too (namely in the Rate The Car Above You thread) but saving the image to my computer then putting it into the post got it to show.

Copy & Paste from Google Images:
b29213010a8af927e4423d450b824bfe.jpg

Upload from my computer:
b29213010a8af927e4423d450b824bfe.jpg

Flickr images in particular seem far more susceptible to breakage lately.

Refreshing sometimes helps a few more to load normally. But I'm finding a good number of my Flickr images aren't showing up whatsoever.

Last edited:
It was sporadic for me depending on the site, now it seems to be completely broken and not working for anything I post.

OK, this was a really tough one, but it should be resolved now.

Note that it may take a few days for the older broken images to be re-fetched by the image proxy, but newly posted image should not be affected by this any longer.

I can confirm the issue has returned due to another faulty switch at the datacenter. Hopefully it should be resolved soon.

Edit: This should be resolved. Please let me know if you see it occur again.

Last edited:
Back