1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I managed to salvage a couple toy cars from my aunty, but the majority of them are badly beaten up with a tonnage of chips in the paint. Still, there's a few interesting cars, including a Matchbox Lesney Lotus Europa that's still in pretty good nick.
Well, here they are:
IMG_3254 copy.jpg

Took my boy to the comic book shop today. I'm the only one that left with anything. I spent too much, but I needed to spoil myself a little. $20 for the lot. Not much, but a good chunk for me.

SAM_0947.JPG
SAM_0944.JPG
SAM_0937.JPG
SAM_0932.JPG

SAM_0946.JPG

SAM_0935.JPG
SAM_0934.JPG

Then, while grocery shopping, I found this Hotwheels error. It's hard to tell from the picture, but they painted over the side windows on both sides. The paint and the plastic then separated leaving a paint "flake" left.

SAM_0943.JPG

Last edited:
Then, while grocery shopping, I find this Hotwheels error. It's hard to tell from the picture, but they painted over the side windows on both sides. The paint and the plastic then separated leaving a paint "flake" left.
Windows are installed after the car is painted, so that might be some metal slag from the casting.

Calling it now, the only two that people will have a chance of finding in store are The Bat and the Lotus.

Everything else, aint no party like a scalpers party. C----

Again; good trailers, but the cars don't really tickle my fancy. At best, if I could, I'd pick the D-100 and maybe the C10, but that's about it. The Dodge does look rather nice, with the matching Airflyte and whatnot.

Calling it now, the only two that people will have a chance of finding in store are The Bat and the Lotus.

Everything else, aint no party like a scalpers party. C----

Actually you will find none of these in store. M&J Toys is the only seller. Any other dealer that wants this batch has to go through them. It will not be in any stores.

OEM 1/64 - Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4:

_MG_1362.jpg
_MG_1364.jpg
_MG_1365.jpg
_MG_1367.jpg
_MG_1368.jpg

Looks so much better than the Kyosho, to be honest. And I'm glad I chose this over that one, even if it's priced the same.

Would you believe that the Kyosho model has PAINTED tail lights? Instead of the plastic ones found here.

Sweet, Seibu Keisatsu cars! And that lovely Toyota Sports 800 from the latest "Japanese car history" (can't remember the actual name of the collection right now) TLV collection too, neat set of purchases.

Are you taking more photos of the cars, outside their boxes?

Latest Posts

Back