Imports

  • Thread starter Thread starter Puffy
  • 31,251 comments
  • 3,606,818 views
Modified-Toyota-IQ-06.jpg


Modified-Toyota-IQ-13.jpg


Modified-Toyota-IQ-27.jpg
 

_DSC1665-3
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC1667-5
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC1687-19
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC1706-29
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC1708-30
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC1721-37
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC1804-83
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC1852-112
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC1881-126
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC1884-127
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC0153-19
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

That hatch is RHD


_DSC0212-28
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC0283-37
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC0452-65
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

That MX5 had a V8 and was faster than the Cayman GT4s


_DSC0958-136
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC1012-146
by Harry Dang, on Flickr


_DSC1206-183
by Harry Dang, on Flickr​
 
I've 'known' the guy with the white and blue Sunny for a little while now (I say 'know' because we've never met in real life but interact with each other online now and then, so, basically best friends) and I love it even more every time I see it. It's been interesting to see all the little things he's done to it over the last 12 months. Here's a photo of when I first saw it last year:





As far as I know he's pretty much done most of the work himself, and he made those rear lights entirely from scratch. His Instagram is @shakotan_dan if anyone wants to check him out. Definitely one of my favourite cars out on the 'scene' currently.
 
I've always associated FET with Toyota.
 
VXR
I've always associated FET with Toyota.

They're an automotive lighting company, a bit similar to Raybrig.
 
I've 'known' the guy with the white and blue Sunny for a little while now (I say 'know' because we've never met in real life but interact with each other online now and then, so, basically best friends) and I love it even more every time I see it. It's been interesting to see all the little things he's done to it over the last 12 months. Here's a photo of when I first saw it last year:





As far as I know he's pretty much done most of the work himself, and he made those rear lights entirely from scratch. His Instagram is @shakotan_dan if anyone wants to check him out. Definitely one of my favourite cars out on the 'scene' currently.
Serious, honest question--what's the appeal?
 
Serious, honest question--what's the appeal?

The styling, like the crazy Japanese started in the late 80s/early 90s. It's different. He made it for his tastes, not for everyone else's. Anything that has a nod towards shakotan/bosozoku culture (without being too over the top) is a winner in my book.
 
The styling, like the crazy Japanese started in the late 80s/early 90s. It's different. He made it for his tastes, not for everyone else's. Anything that has a nod towards shakotan/bosozoku culture (without being too over the top) is a winner in my book.
Fair enough. Not surprisingly, I question it...particularly due to the rear tires that figuratively and literally stick out like a sore thumb. I just do not, cannot and will not understand the stretched tire craze froman aesthetic, driving dynamics or safety perspective.

That said, I can't see how it's terribly different either if it follows other customization trends.
 
SVX
@homeforsummer that SR20 Pao looks familiar...



I do remember it coming up for auction not long ago, so it seems to have been sold to England! That's pretty neat.

Looks like it's had a few tweaks since that video too. Not as much camber now and a strut brace has appeared. I wondered if it was actually the same one at first or just a very good recreation, as in the video the engine bay looks silver rather than that kind of off-green that you get on Paos. Cool car regardless.
 
A quick search of the reg shows it was first registered in the UK on 01/04/2018, so I'd say it's a match.
 
Ok, I have a new favourite NA roadster. That R2 looks superb.
 
Back