by Harry Dang, on Flickr

That MX5 had a V8 and was faster than the Cayman GT4s

_DSC0958-136
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC1012-146
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC1206-183
by Harry Dang, on Flickr​

I've 'known' the guy with the white and blue Sunny for a little while now (I say 'know' because we've never met in real life but interact with each other online now and then, so, basically best friends) and I love it even more every time I see it. It's been interesting to see all the little things he's done to it over the last 12 months. Here's a photo of when I first saw it last year:

As far as I know he's pretty much done most of the work himself, and he made those rear lights entirely from scratch. His Instagram is @shakotan_dan if anyone wants to check him out. Definitely one of my favourite cars out on the 'scene' currently.

I've 'known' the guy with the white and blue Sunny for a little while now (I say 'know' because we've never met in real life but interact with each other online now and then, so, basically best friends) and I love it even more every time I see it. It's been interesting to see all the little things he's done to it over the last 12 months. Here's a photo of when I first saw it last year:

As far as I know he's pretty much done most of the work himself, and he made those rear lights entirely from scratch. His Instagram is @shakotan_dan if anyone wants to check him out. Definitely one of my favourite cars out on the 'scene' currently.
Serious, honest question--what's the appeal?

Serious, honest question--what's the appeal?

The styling, like the crazy Japanese started in the late 80s/early 90s. It's different. He made it for his tastes, not for everyone else's. Anything that has a nod towards shakotan/bosozoku culture (without being too over the top) is a winner in my book.

The styling, like the crazy Japanese started in the late 80s/early 90s. It's different. He made it for his tastes, not for everyone else's. Anything that has a nod towards shakotan/bosozoku culture (without being too over the top) is a winner in my book.
Fair enough. Not surprisingly, I question it...particularly due to the rear tires that figuratively and literally stick out like a sore thumb. I just do not, cannot and will not understand the stretched tire craze froman aesthetic, driving dynamics or safety perspective.

That said, I can't see how it's terribly different either if it follows other customization trends.

SVX
@homeforsummer that SR20 Pao looks familiar...

I do remember it coming up for auction not long ago, so it seems to have been sold to England! That's pretty neat.

Looks like it's had a few tweaks since that video too. Not as much camber now and a strut brace has appeared. I wondered if it was actually the same one at first or just a very good recreation, as in the video the engine bay looks silver rather than that kind of off-green that you get on Paos. Cool car regardless.

A quick search of the reg shows it was first registered in the UK on 01/04/2018, so I'd say it's a match.

Back