• Thread starter Bo
  • 245 comments

Bo

Disturbing Member
Premium
United Kingdom
Liverpool
CARBOYXJR
Due to popular demand, as a result of the Imports thread becoming a case of post any car you wish, this is a thread specifically for vintage cars. Racing cars, track cars, or just completely stock cars - I won't be too restrictive with the years, just keep in mind it has to be considered a genuine classic.

Any future classics or anything from the past 30 years wouldn't really cut it. Anything more modern then fits nicely in the Imports thread.

I'll start off with a VSCC hillclimbing regular, the 1930 Caesar Special:

vscc_prescott_02.jpg

6032830639_c56c2e0882_b.jpg

4893700474_c6dc693492_b.jpg

9481515808_3ec4078e21_b.jpg

hsv
Due to popular demand, as a result of the Imports thread becoming a case of post any car you wish, this is a thread specifically for vintage cars. Racing cars, track cars, or just completely stock cars - I won't be too restrictive with the years, just keep in mind it has to be considered a genuine classic.

Any future classics or anything from the past 30 years wouldn't really cut it. Anything more modern then fits nicely in the Imports thread.

I'll start off with a VSCC hillclimbing regular, the 1930 Caesar Special:

vscc_prescott_02.jpg

6032830639_c56c2e0882_b.jpg

4893700474_c6dc693492_b.jpg

9481515808_3ec4078e21_b.jpg
What a brilliant thread idea, @hsv.

Here is a picture.
image.jpg

Ummm. 'Vintage' in the UK is pre-war. 'Vintage' in the U.S. Is pre '70s. See above.

Ummm. 'Vintage' in the UK is pre-war. 'Vintage' in the U.S. Is pre '70s. See above.
As I said, I know there are differing definitions of vintage, but I'm not going to limit what's posted based on one of them or if it's a few years out. If it's suitably old, I'll let it go here.

Isn't this pretty much the same as the Classic motorsport photos thread?
No, because that's for period photos of racing cars. This is for all old cars (I'm giving the benefit of the doubt on what is classed as vintage), racing cars or road cars, and I'm guessing there'll be more contemporary photos available than period ones.

Vintage is pre-war in my book. Anything else can fit into the "Imports", "Hot Rods, Muscle Cars and Customs" and "Classic Motorsport Photos" threads. :indiff:

EDIT: In order to contribute something here is one of my favourite pre-war cars, the famous Napier Railton Special:
Brooklands-RailtonBanking-10-10-10-01-OPT.jpg

Last edited:
I genuinely thought it had set the bales alight on the run to the finish. :lol:

hsv
I genuinely thought it had set the bales alight on the run to the finish. :lol:
Definitely had the potential. It's incredible they've got it working again. Hope it goes to more Festival of Speed events - should become a regular there, I reckon.

I'm slightly disappointed it doesn't get more VSCC outings. It'd fit nicely into the Boulogne Trophy.

Heh, if the Beast of Turin was one of my favourites at Goodwood, the Darracq topped that list. Had a good look at it in the paddock, it's just magnificent. The concept of 200 horsepower at the turn of last century is utterly barmy.

Was watching a nostalgic Dutch tv show from the 70s about cars, something came on and luckily the part is on YouTube.

Skip to 1:35, it's about how cops have to drive a car (Beetle) in a chase. Or watch the whole video it's pretty short. First few seconds are stills the rest is video.

Ha never mind the beetles lookit that truck go!

I'm not a huge fan of vintage, but I can appreciate the bonkers ones and I got some crackers to show. These are recent built ones, but old parts, literally every fact is insane.
These GNs are still chain driven, yellow one has a 4.2 V twin made from a Salmson aero 9 cyl! the con rods are over a foot in length! and no front brakes... does 66mph at 1000 revs, at 100mph it's firing every 5ft. The other has a 8.2 Curtiss Jenny V8. :crazy:

vintage%20racers_zps9yhqy5gw.jpg
vintage%20racer_zpssdldwxgz.jpg

Here are some snapshots I took at The Henry Ford Museum a few years ago. Anyone interested in cars in general should visit if ever in the Detroit Area (Ann Arbor, specifically).

The 999 racer. Imagine actually attempting to go as fast as possible on this thing.
999Racer.jpg

Got 20 million credits?
FordMuesum2.jpg

Mustang #1, next to a prototype.
Mustang.jpg

Hot Rods
HotRods.jpg

Some Americana

BurmaShave.jpg

Finally, Teddy Roosevelt's ride.
TeddyHadStyle.jpg

Back