Imports

• Thread starter Puffy
  • 31,155 comments
super-3-029.jpg

When I was in High School (graduated '81) my best friend's older brother bought a Fiat Strada (Ritmo almost everywhere else in the world) two-door in light blue, much like this one. This is a UK version since photos of surviving US-market Stradas are thin on the ground.
Fiat_Strada_Blue_81_to_82_X_reg_(front_right).jpg

Fiat_Strada_Blue_81_to_82_X_reg_(rear).jpg

I personally really like Ford's designs in China
The thing is when I look at these Chinese Spec Fords, I all of the sudden get salty again, because I'm reminded of cars I could've had the option to buy had North America had an interest in cars versus just CUVs everywhere.

----

EDIT: Chinese-Spec Buicks

2021 Lacrosse
1665017844492.png

Verano
1665017907957.png

Regal
1665017925618.png

Last edited:
The Chinese are obsessed with Western-sounding names, particularly the posh ones.

Last edited:
The Chinese are obsessed with Western-sounding names, particularly the posh ones.
I guess you could say that if you want. But Scott, all of those Buicks I listed were literally the model names for the Buick lineup in the USA during the 2010s prior to their discontinuation. Chinese Buick is essentially continuing the model lineup.

and it's a similar case for the Lincoln Zephyr, it was previously used as Lincoln's equivalent of the Ford Fusion a decade ago before that got rebranded as the MKZ.

I guess you could say that if you want. But Scott, all of those Buicks I listed were literally the model names for the Buick lineup in the USA during the 2010s prior to their discontinuation. Chinese Buick is essentially continuing the model lineup.

and it's a similar case for the Lincoln Zephyr, it was previously used as Lincoln's equivalent of the Ford Fusion a decade ago before that got rebranded as the MKZ.
I know that the nameplates were used in the US; I wasn't suggesting that they were specifically created for the Chinese market. I just find it interesting that old names which have died out in the West are still being used in China.

Last edited:
Back