Impossible challenges - Let’s list them

• Thread starter Tommy_D
  • 68 comments
United States
United States
I’m replaying GT7 on a brand new account and am running through all the races again. Most of these races are easily won on hard difficulty with cars rated well below the suggested PP rating. However there are a few races I have come across that I don’t think PD knew what the heck they were saying as these races are damn near impossible to win if you stick to their suggestions.

As an example, I would say it is impossible to win these races on hard difficulty if you used PD’s suggestions:

1: Win the Neo Classic Race at Willow Springs in the suggested Toyota Supra GT500. Use whatever settings you want. Heck, go ahead and use N2O. It doesn’t matter.

2: Win the Silvia Sisters race at Deep Forest in a car no greater than 500pp. This might be possible with N2O but I haven’t tried it.

3: Win the Silvia Sisters race at Tsukuba with a car no greater than 500pp. Again, it may be possible to win with N2O but it’s a really short track and only 3 laps.

Give these races a shot and report back your results. Best of luck on these challenges.

What other races have you found in the game to be damn near impossible to win using PD’s suggested cars or PP rating?

Last edited:
I think an impossible challenge is my ever getting a Bugatti invite !
You're not alone there. I swore that thing doesn't exist for ages until I finally saw one a few days ago, but it skipped over it for the lowest credit value instead. :irked:

1: Win the Neo Classic Race at Willow Springs in the suggested Toyota Supra GT500. Use whatever settings you want. Heck, go ahead and use N2O. It doesn’t matter.
Attempted this and only managed 3rd, Solis in the Escudo always seems to get punted off by the Group C cars in the last turn so he can't hold them up for long enough to catch up
3: Win the Silvia Sisters race at Tsukuba with a car no greater than 500pp. Again, it may be possible to win with N2O but it’s a really short track and only 3 laps.
So I've tried a variety of cars for this and it has to be an engine swapped Silvia, the best seems to be the S15 with 2JZE swap however the AI cars are definitely higher than 500pp for this race as they just have soo much more power, also only seem to be able to get 3rd here with the closest chance of winning would be if the Yellow 180sx is able to stay in front for the longest possible time to hold the faster blue and white cars up.

Here is my Top 3

1. Gold the Subaru BRZ drift mission in The sun also rises

2. Getting a Citroen invitation (I wait one since last august)

3. Golded the Nordschleife CE, the S-10 licence with the Porsche 917, etc.

Here is my Top 3

1. Gold the Subaru BRZ drift mission in The sun also rises

2. Getting a Citroen invitation (I wait one since last august)

3. Golded the Nordschleife CE, the S-10 licence with the Porsche 917, etc.
These just take grinding to get done, but thousands of people have done them. Winning the Rally Cross event while getting a CRB is likely impossible. It is way too tight of a track, there are way too many cars, and you lose the CRB if you touch anyone. The 3 I posted at the beginning MIGHT be doable, but so far no one has been able to do it.

I think an impossible challenge is my ever getting a Bugatti invite !
Got that one way early on. Completed.
Getting Gold in any TT.
I think even I have gotten a gold in a TT event, but thousands of people can do that every week.
Winning the Porsche/Ferrari challenges with all permitted vehicles
I would have to look in to this. What is the worst Ferrari? What is the hardest race? Also with the VGT you will be limited in what you can do to modify that car to meet the requirements. So that would make it impossible. But one could say, "Complete a Ferrari challenge with a Porsche". If the game doesn't allow for it to even be possible, then I don't think it could be considered an "Impossible Challenge" because it's not even possible to test if it is, in fact, Impossible.

I would have to look in to this. What is the worst Ferrari? What is the hardest race? Also with the VGT you will be limited in what you can do to modify that car to meet the requirements. So that would make it impossible. But one could say, "Complete a Ferrari challenge with a Porsche". If the game doesn't allow for it to even be possible, then I don't think it could be considered an "Impossible Challenge" because it's not even possible to test if it is, in fact, Impossible.
I would think it impossible to win any of the Ferrari challenges with the Mondial Coupe, for example.

I would think it impossible to win any of the Ferrari challenges with the Mondial Coupe, for example.
Pffft…. First try:
IMG_1408.jpeg

IMG_1409.jpeg

IMG_1410.jpeg

Not a bad car, really. A bit twitchy in the rear end but I got that under control with a bit of suspension, LSD and foot tuning.

Last edited:
Ok, I've posted what I consider as impossible for me but you seem to decide what is possible and not possible for everyone.
Sorry, I probably didn't understand the rules of your post.

See ya!

Last edited:
Ok, I've posted what I consider as impossible for me but you seem to decide what is possible and not possible for everyone.
Sorry, I probably didn't understand the rules of your post.

See ya!
Perhaps I didn’t clarify enough in my original post, but I’m not looking for something that is difficult or something that you say, “well, this is dumb because I didn’t win it in the first few tries.” There are lots of threads out there to complain about those things. I’m looking for flat out impossible challenges. If hundreds, or thousands, of players have been able to complete the challenge it is not impossible. This is about finding things that no one could do. Not even the aliens.

My example in the OP about winning the NeoClassic event at Willow Springs with PD’s suggested car (GT500 Supra) is something I believe no one can do. At least not on hard difficulty. I have tried it with every tuning way I can think of and you simply can not keep up with the Gr.C cars, especially because they don’t even need to pit. The Supra is either too slow or too thirsty causing you to lose all your gains while pitting. I’ve won the RBR neoclassic race with it but I’m easily 45-50 seconds behind the leader at Willow Springs.

The suggestion of getting a CRB win on the Rally Cross event is another great example of an impossible challenge. I mean, maybe it is possible, but how? If someone can do it, please post the video.

I’m working on winning the Porsche challenges with a non-engine swapped 356 (probably the worst Porsche in the game) but the Nord race is tough. It doesn’t help that I despise this track and am not good at it, but I suspect anyone who has gotten gold on the CE for this race should be able to win it with ease.

Those silvia ones are bastards. Although.... tbh that's with nitrous and a lot of blocking and a teeny tiny bit of using other cars strategically

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240120220022.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240120220022.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 8
This is far from impossible. I say this as someone who has done over 50 miles in the Veyron / Nordscleife fuel saving mission.
How the heck did you manage that? I would shake your hand and congratulate you if you were standing in front of me, mighty well done. It was legit, no glitch or anything??

This is far from impossible. I say this as someone who has done over 50 miles in the Veyron / Nordscleife fuel saving mission.
I think the record for the Trial Mountain one is absurdly high - like 8,000 miles or something crazy like that. From recollection there's only about four or five records that are that kind of magnitude too.

One I encountered today that might be a big much is winning the Porsche Challenge Nordschleife race with the Clean Race Bonus. Getting past the roadblock AI fast enough to catch the lead AI (which can top 200mph down Dottinger Hohe) without touching them and losing the CRB seems... tricky.

One I encountered today that might be a big much is winning the Porsche Challenge Nordschleife race with the Clean Race Bonus. Getting past the roadblock AI fast enough to catch the lead AI (which can top 200mph down Dottinger Hohe) without touching them and losing the CRB seems... tricky.

That’s what I hate about this track. It’s too damn narrow to race on. The AI drive right down the center and drift left and right like they are drunk. You basically have to pass them by going off track or making incredibly risky moves that could send your car into the shadow realm because you hit a curb which was actually a ramp that the designers painted to look like a curb.

Back