Impossible challenges - Let’s list them

• Thread starter Tommy_D
  • 68 comments
Silvia Sisters on Tsukuba. Silvia Qs at 156bhp with Nitrous. Got CRB with this one too, although the message vanished pdq it's meant to be 27k prize money.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240121103735.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240121103718.jpg

One I encountered today that might be a big much is winning the Porsche Challenge Nordschleife race with the Clean Race Bonus. Getting past the roadblock AI fast enough to catch the lead AI (which can top 200mph down Dottinger Hohe) without touching them and losing the CRB seems... tricky.
That one we'll call thoroughly busted. Into leisure drive mode immediately after taking the lead and still won by 15 seconds.
If someone wonders how I've managed to put that much mileage into the red 959 in a week... I didn't. It's the original 2850 km release model painted Lexus red.

That one we'll call thoroughly busted. Into leisure drive mode immediately after taking the lead and still won by 15 seconds.
If someone wonders how I've managed to put that much mileage into the red 959 in a week... I didn't. It's the original 2850 km release model painted Lexus red.

What difficulty setting did you use? I ran on Normal in the 992 (which is basically a cheat code), got held up by only one of the road blocks, and was still outdragged down Dottinger by the lead AI which was over 15s ahead of the second car...

What difficulty setting did you use? I ran on Normal in the 992 (which is basically a cheat code), got held up by only one of the road blocks, and was still outdragged down Dottinger by the lead AI which was over 15s ahead of the second car...
Watch the video, it's all there in the end.

Watch the video, it's all there in the end.
The lead AI must be highly variable in this race then - I was past third at Bergwerk and second on the run to that tight right before Karussell, but still eight seconds down on the leader. He was nowhere near second, but in your vid they're jammed together.

I even had the same weather as you :lol: Edit: Though I lost my CRB when a 911 binned it at Aremberg and speared across the track into my rear three-quarter...

Still, well done. I wonder if mere mortals can manage it.

Last edited:
The lead AI must be highly variable in this race then -
Definitly, I just did it at 7:31 with a very small gap
Still, well done. I wonder if mere mortals can manage it.
but yes, I think I as someone who usually never drives the N-Ring can confirm it is possible. ;)
Didnt like my cars setup though, I only checked "allowed to enter" and took the next best option from my garage that was already close to the pp limit.

Potentially a new impossible challenge.

Come in first place in the Jimny Cup races with a stock car.

Best I could do was 3rd, good enough for the Cafe Menu. I suspect the computer cars have some upgrades since they pull much faster than you on the straights. Slap a high rpm turbo on for an easy win.

Make a design for the the Genesis X VGT and actually apply and/or share the design.

Super Formula Race at Fuji. It seems the AI is having rubber band pace. They go faster when I go faster. I am able to maintain the exact same gap through the entire race and cannot pass anybody.

Super Formula Race at Fuji. It seems the AI is having rubber band pace. They go faster when I go faster. I am able to maintain the exact same gap through the entire race and cannot pass anybody.
I've documented my struggles with this race as well but it is most certainly winnable.

The current weekly WTC800 at Tokyo on hard with the CRB is definitely a lot trickier than the Porsche Cup under the same rules. Being fast isn't an issue, neither is staying away from the walls, but the AI is in full destruction derby mode even among themselves, let alone the player. If it was a real race there wouldn't be a need to overtake anyone as they'd all retire within the first two laps.

Best I could do was 3rd, good enough for the Cafe Menu. I suspect the computer cars have some upgrades since they pull much faster than you on the straights. Slap a high rpm turbo on for an easy win.
The Big Willow - Horse Thief Mile is definitely not impossible, I managed to do it yesterday in Hard difficulty. It hasn't got a long straight so we're not at that a big disadvantage, and one advice that I can give is that you can carry a lot more speed through the corners than you might think. It was very different than the car that I was usually drive (usually Gr.3 and the like), my first attempt was a very low 10th place and when I got used to the car, I managed to pass the leader on the final lap on the first hairpin.

The best I could get on Lake Louise is around 2-4 seconds IIRC behind the leader, I was right behind them at the last corner, but with their insane straight line speed it was impossible to catch them to the line. But I reckon the aliens could've beat them tbh.

Haven't tried the last race on stock cause after Lake Louise I slapped those high rpm turbo to get it over with :D

Engine swapped Alphard at Le Mans (Normal Difficulty). Max it out, reduce its weight and see how you do. I managed third and was 16 seconds behind the lead at the end. Fuel saving is forced on you.

On Normal this is easy to do. Will try on difficult tomorrow! These are fun races!

If you can't win it, I certainly can't. I used the turbo with no other upgrades. You are correct, easy win.

Engine swapped Alphard at Le Mans (Normal Difficulty). Max it out, reduce its weight and see how you do. I managed third and was 16 seconds behind the lead at the end. Fuel saving is forced on you.
Fuel efficiency is terrible, worse than some super cars! Tried everything to complete the last 3 laps without pitting, but I ended up without fuel shortly after Porsche Curves, 2 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

What's you gear settings? Mine is auto 310 km/h, with final gear set at 5000. I can reach 280km/h, but I think I need a longer 8th gear to save a bit more fuel.

The Big Willow - Horse Thief Mile is definitely not impossible, I managed to do it yesterday in Hard difficulty. It hasn't got a long straight so we're not at that a big disadvantage, and one advice that I can give is that you can carry a lot more speed through the corners than you might think. It was very different than the car that I was usually drive (usually Gr.3 and the like), my first attempt was a very low 10th place and when I got used to the car, I managed to pass the leader on the final lap on the first hairpin.

The best I could get on Lake Louise is around 2-4 seconds IIRC behind the leader, I was right behind them at the last corner, but with their insane straight line speed it was impossible to catch them to the line. But I reckon the aliens could've beat them tbh.

Haven't tried the last race on stock cause after Lake Louise I slapped those high rpm turbo to get it over with :D
I agree about the Horse Thief Mile. I think I got 3rd on my first attempt. But I didn't have time today to grind out a win, so I put on better tires for first place.

The race at Windmills is similar to Lake Louise, a couple of straights where a stock Jimny just can't keep up. I think I still was able to clear 2nd or 3rd before I added the turbo.

You're not alone there. I swore that thing doesn't exist for ages until I finally saw one a few days ago, but it skipped over it for the lowest credit value instead. :irked:
Count me in ! Exactly the same, waiting for ages for the bugatti invite, I saw one 2 weeks ago, but didn't get it of course. The invite system is really the most frustrating point of GT7.
(I can't even count the number of Citroen and Lambo invites I received BTW...)

I ran Big Willow-Horse Thief Mile right after I was running the Genesis at Monza. In the Jimny, I was hitting the brakes so hard,(and so early), I wound up coming to complete stops on the track. It took a little bit to get used to it. I was surprised how well that little guy handles without tuning.

Fuel efficiency is terrible, worse than some super cars! Tried everything to complete the last 3 laps without pitting, but I ended up without fuel shortly after Porsche Curves, 2 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

What's you gear settings? Mine is auto 310 km/h, with final gear set at 5000. I can reach 280km/h, but I think I need a longer 8th gear to save a bit more fuel.
Yeah, that's the biggest challenge in this - fuel efficiency. I was using manual and shifting well before the revs hit the red bar to get three laps done. The weather duped me on my first attempt but will try again soon.

I can't remember my gear settings but I do remember extending it a bit and not tinkering with anything else. I might play around to niggle out the specifics when I have more time. I was reaching 160mph comfortably while saving fuel.

Yeah, that's the biggest challenge in this - fuel efficiency. I was using manual and shifting well before the revs hit the red bar to get three laps done. The weather duped me on my first attempt but will try again soon.

I can't remember my gear settings but I do remember extending it a bit and not tinkering with anything else. I might play around to niggle out the specifics when I have more time. I was reaching 160mph comfortably while saving fuel.
So close and yet so far... :ouch:
uqszHJ4.png

No rain, so I pit at laps 3 (only fuel) and 6 (fuel and tires). I thought a new set of tires and a full tank after the last pitstop would be enough to reach the Corvette (gap was about 22 seconds when I exit the pit). I think if I had RM tires available I would be able to win.

Tried again and this time I was much closer to the leaders by the end of lap 2, but it did rain so it was an easy win. Had to pit at lap 6 for fuel and still won comfortably:
crtDXIE.png

So close and yet so far... :ouch:
uqszHJ4.png

No rain, so I pit at laps 3 (only fuel) and 6 (fuel and tires). I thought a new set of tires and a full tank after the last pitstop would be enough to reach the Corvette (gap was about 22 seconds when I exit the pit). I think if I had RM tires available I would be able to win.

Tried again and this time I was much closer to the leaders by the end of lap 2, but it did rain so it was an easy win. Had to pit at lap 6 for fuel and still won comfortably:
crtDXIE.png
Nice one! It seems like a fun challenge. My race was mostly dry too. I wonder if a win is one the table with RMs and dry weather, like you say.

I got some for you. Try winning a Gr.1 race in an Audi R18 TDI '11 without upgrading its power or weight. This thing grips like a mother****er on high speed and low speed but it basically has no fuel tank. While it is of similar pace to the GR010 hybrid at least the GR010 has AWD and is insanely efficient on fuel which allows for longer stints. It was actually possible to win races with the R18 back when PD made tyre wear insanely high and that caused the insanely fast cars to 3-stop every race while your tyres could last the entire race but ever since they reverted it, it has become impossible again. Have fun!

I just thought of another one, WTC 800 in high speed ring, but you cannot use the DBR9 nor the Citröen GT. This may not be fun.

Last edited:
The current weekly WTC800 at Tokyo on hard with the CRB is definitely a lot trickier than the Porsche Cup under the same rules. Being fast isn't an issue, neither is staying away from the walls, but the AI is in full destruction derby mode even among themselves, let alone the player. If it was a real race there wouldn't be a need to overtake anyone as they'd all retire within the first two laps.
OK, doable. There are absolutely no safe passing points on the track, I've been sideswiped into the wall even on the main straight but finally managed to dodge them all. Watching the bunch of AIs entering corners made me wonder if this is GT or CoD after all as the air was full of sparks, smoke and shrapnel in just about every braking zone.

OK, doable. There are absolutely no safe passing points on the track, I've been sideswiped into the wall even on the main straight but finally managed to dodge them all. Watching the bunch of AIs entering corners made me wonder if this is GT or CoD after all as the air was full of sparks, smoke and shrapnel in just about every braking zone.
how did you achieve it? just run a group c car and hope to overtake them all at straight lines? if you actually used a GT car, which car? I have won this race with the corvette and the ford gt gte but no CRB so far.

Good to see others struggling with Lake Louise too :lol:. Noticed the other cars all have a different exhaust pipe and no spare tire. Going to try Horse Thief Mile before upgrading the car at all.

Good to see others struggling with Lake Louise too :lol:. Noticed the other cars all have a different exhaust pipe and no spare tire. Going to try Horse Thief Mile before upgrading the car at all.
The AI rigs are 100% modified. In a stock rig at Louise I too was able to get third... just about every time, but there's not enough track to work your way to first. The other Jinmys are definitely way up on power. I put the mid-rpm turbo on mine and custom suspension (set to stock settings, 0 camber, and max ride height) and was about equal to them in straight line speed.

2: Win the Silvia Sisters race at Deep Forest in a car no greater than 500pp. This might be possible with N2O but I haven’t tried it.

1706264430883.png

Though this is very narrow and I cant replicate it to 100% success rate.

Wide body
front b
side and rear a
wing default
any non default roll cage
18inch rims, wide + wide
1706264706354.png

1706264729251.png

I'm not very good and it took me a week doing this CE almost exclusively.

I managed to gold it today after many attempts. It rememberd me my efforts to gold S10 at Spa.
I think that I had never to drive so exactly than in this CE. The "clockwise", which I did right before this one, felt a little bit easier (but it was also very hard for me).

Regards
M

Back