Impossible challenges - Let’s list them

• Thread starter Tommy_D
  • 68 comments
Potentially a new impossible challenge.

Come in first place in the Jimny Cup races with a stock car.

Best I could do was 3rd, good enough for the Cafe Menu. I suspect the computer cars have some upgrades since they pull much faster than you on the straights. Slap a high rpm turbo on for an easy win.
I've debunked a portion of this challenge.

P1 Lake Louise Jimny Cup on Hard with a stock car.

Video submitted as proof.

18d7067cdf35-screenshotUrl.jpg
18d7067eacb20-screenshotUrl.jpg
18d7067ff6d97-screenshotUrl.jpg

How the heck did you manage that? I would shake your hand and congratulate you if you were standing in front of me, mighty well done. It was legit, no glitch or anything??

I wish this to be patched soon & the leaderboards to get reset for the longest distance - least fuel challenges.

MadMax

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240205184104.jpg

Pretty proud of this ! Winning the Chimny race with CRB in a stock car. Didn't think it's possible after my first attempts when the race was new. All credits though go to @GlockPants who was a big motivation, showing the benefits of a wide line ... :cheers:
It still took me quite a couple of attempts as any form of contact, leaving the track, wallriding, knocking over these green pillars etc. makes a run invalid in my book.
Well, when I finally made it, I just couldn't help let the second place driver see my very special smile ! :D

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240205214450.jpg

The Big Willow - Horse Thief Mile is definitely not impossible, I managed to do it yesterday in Hard difficulty. It hasn't got a long straight so we're not at that a big disadvantage, and one advice that I can give is that you can carry a lot more speed through the corners than you might think. It was very different than the car that I was usually drive (usually Gr.3 and the like), my first attempt was a very low 10th place and when I got used to the car, I managed to pass the leader on the final lap on the first hairpin.

The best I could get on Lake Louise is around 2-4 seconds IIRC behind the leader, I was right behind them at the last corner, but with their insane straight line speed it was impossible to catch them to the line. But I reckon the aliens could've beat them tbh.

Haven't tried the last race on stock cause after Lake Louise I slapped those high rpm turbo to get it over with :D
Carrying speed is the key to Horse Thief Mile. It's been a long time since I golded that CE but I recall taking almost every one of the turns faster than I thought possible.

1: Win the Neo Classic Race at Willow Springs in the suggested Toyota Supra GT500. Use whatever settings you want. Heck, go ahead and use N2O. It doesn’t matter.
Winning definitly isnt possible, I cant be convinced anyone can do that with a Gr.3 vs the old classic monsters.
But finishing the menu book might be possible.

1707215023558.png

+4 seconds on 3rd I could propably manage with hours of fine tuning and practice.
Then there is also the component of lucky dumb AI ...

The current weekly Gr1 race a Suzuka, with the recommended TS030 and a clean race bonus, might just be impossible. The car has little chance against the spaceship VGTs and the AI is a perfect demonstration of everything that is wrong with the current AI model.

In real life racing fast open wheelers and prototypes is in a large part possible thanks to what is best described as mutual assured destruction, nobody wants to be involved in a crash like those of Allan McNish and Mike Rockenfeller at Le Mans 2011 but these Artificial Idiots will sideswipe you at 300 km/h when you're already halfway past on the inside, suddenly brake hard 50 metres before the normal braking point for no reason, and other things common to them. Add to that a car that doesn't have the benefit of being able to wait for a safe spot and trouble is pretty much guaranteed.

Back