Impreza 22B-STi

  • Thread starter Thread starter uncle_hayley_j
  • 19 comments
  • 2,297 views
Messages
489
Messages
Darkness_Embrace
Just a quick question, is this the Impreza people seem to rave on about?
 
The 22B was an amazing car in previous GT titles. Haven't been lucky enough to find it in the UCD yet.
 
There's also the Spec C '05 Impreza which only costs 30,000 and is also very very good, plus for some people, just as rare in this game.

In real life it's alot rarer than the 22b and some people reckon it was better around a track too, the people on Best Motoring (Japanese Top Gear equivalent) thought it was the best Scooby full stop.
 
Just want an oldie shape Scooby though, I like the old and the newest ones :P so the 22B being the good one clenched the deal for me.
 
Just want an oldie shape Scooby though, I like the old and the newest ones :P so the 22B being the good one clenched the deal for me.

No problem, the 22b is very popular on this game - I got 4, and 3 spec C's!!!! :)
 
There's also the Spec C '05 Impreza which only costs 30,000 and is also very very good, plus for some people, just as rare in this game.

In real life it's alot rarer than the 22b and some people reckon it was better around a track too, the people on Best Motoring (Japanese Top Gear equivalent) thought it was the best Scooby full stop.

Isn't the 05 Spec C a premium though?
 
Does it actually say 22B somewhere in the name? If so, I still haven't seen one. :(
 
Isn't the 05 Spec C a premium though?

I don't know, I don't use the cockpit view and haven't driven mine since the first few days of playing GT5. So I'm not sure....
 
Don't get confused by the Sti wrx that in the text it mentions 22b. It isn't.

Pd made this one too obvious IMO as its called 22b in the car name
I'm sure Subaru didn't call it 22b just a Subaru whatever
 
In previous titles it was listed as the Impreza 22B. I'm also pretty sure it was actually sold as that, for the few that were actually produced.
 
Don't get confused by the Sti wrx that in the text it mentions 22b. It isn't.

Pd made this one too obvious IMO as its called 22b in the car name
I'm sure Subaru didn't call it 22b just a Subaru whatever

pretty sure it was called 22b cause it used a 2.2litre engine
 
yup ... it was a 2.2 and had wider fenders and a different hood and scoop. There were other differences too. I think it was built to meet a minimum production run for a race series, which was around 1500 cars I believe.
 
Just read up on Wikipedia yes it is called 22b Sti my bad
Production more like 400 units.
 
Oh, wow. I wanted to say 500 units, but thought that was just for Group-B rally cars, which was before the 22B came out. Good info.
 
Just read up on Wikipedia yes it is called 22b Sti my bad
Production more like 400 units.

Glad now I've bought it :P. I had a quick check on the car list, it's the one ^.^
 
in game its a Impreza Coupe 22B-STI version '98
understeers bad with the default tune but was guided to a link for an old GT4vault tune that works well
only driven nurburgring nords
no wing 550bhp 1056kg

trans - 199mph

lsd
f - r
6 - 8 initial
14 - 38 accl
16 - 19 braking

80% rear torque

-15f -10r ride height
9.7 - 5.1 spring rate
7 - 8 ext
5 - 3 com
5 - 3 AB's

2.6 - 0.9 camber
0 - 0 toe
 
in game its a Impreza Coupe 22B-STI version '98
understeers bad with the default tune but was guided to a link for an old GT4vault tune that works well
only driven nurburgring nords
no wing 550bhp 1056kg

trans - 199mph

lsd
f - r
6 - 8 initial
14 - 38 accl
16 - 19 braking

80% rear torque

-15f -10r ride height
9.7 - 5.1 spring rate
7 - 8 ext
5 - 3 com
5 - 3 AB's

2.6 - 0.9 camber
0 - 0 toe

May give that a go, not sure if I'm modifying it just yet though.

Thanks ^.^
 
Back