Anoka, MN
Here are the participants as well as the prizes:

Participants:

Josef Newgarden (JNRACERTPX2)
Conor Daly (Kart2221)
James Hinchcliffe (Hinchcliffe5)
Robert Wickens (Wickens6)

Oval:
Beat Josef Newgarden - 2014 Chevrolet SS (38.370)
Beat Conor Daly - Firefighter Tan Driver Gear (38.657)
Beat James Hinchcliffe - 1990 Alfa Romeo SZ (38.312)
Beat Robert Wickens - Fleek Driver Gear (No Time Yet)
Top 10% - 2015 Nissan Nismo IDx
Top 25% - Mime Driver Gear
Top 50% - 1965 Mini Cooper S FE
Participation - 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS FE

Grand Prix:
Beat Josef Newgarden - Atronaut Driver Gear (1:11.381)
Beat Conor Daly - 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe (1:12.613)
Beat James Hinchcliffe - Vintage Driver Cravat Driver Gear (1:11.539)
Beat Robert Wickens - 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 (No Time Yet)
Top 10% - 2013 Mazda MX-5
Top 25% - Autocrat Driver Gear
Top 50% - 2016 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Coupe FE
Participation - 1980 Subaru Brat GL FE

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_5_11_18

I will try keeping their best times updated, let me know if they set a new best if I miss it though.

Last edited:
Finally some in-game events repeating a selection of the rarer prize cars from previous Bounty Hunter and Leagues events! Awesome for late joiners and "Silver" accounts. :)

Granted you can't go by actual times due to having different aero kits, but here are how the drivers in the Bounty Hunter qualified for tomorrows race on the GP circuit.

Robert Wickens - 2nd
James Hinchcliffe - 4th
Josef Newgarden - 6th
Conor Daly is only doing the 500 so no time from him.

This isn't going to be easy. :nervous:

I haven't used it yet, but a tip I read in the official forums seems reasonable for the oval: don't let the engine hit the rev limiter in the straights as it will drop your speed.

Conor Daly is the first of the 4 to set a time (which makes sense since he didn't race this weekend).

Oval - 38.657
GP - 1:12.613

I would say good luck, but I think everyone will need a lot more than simple luck this month. :nervous:

The oval will be a question of thousanths of seconds I bet. I'm somewhere in the 5-10% range at 38.4xx and the top guys were doing 38.2xx last I checked.

Did a 38.5xx on the oval to get within the top 20%. That challenge seems to be the best chance for anyone to get close to the Indycar guys.

You can exploit a whole lot of track limits and keep a clean lap on the road course, there's one corner in particular that's absolutely ridiculous. Assuming the guys stick to the actual track and don't use those exploits it should be incredibly easy.

There's the first corner:
1266vdw.jpg

Then the little chicane right after turn 2 that you can just run straight through:
ayu0r7.jpg

This one is the most ridiculous, you can plow straight through the tire wall at the end of the infield straight and it'll stay clean (plowing through the tires will obviously slow you down; but clear yourself a path for your second lap ) :
281573s.jpg

And this corner as you're coming off the banking before getting on again:
1494aaf.jpg

I thought Hockenheim was bad but this is completely insane. There's got to be at least a good second to gain just with the tire wall exploit...

What I don't understand is that the value of prize cars rewarded seems to be inverse to how much effort is required to obtain them.

Players are awarded Forza Edition cars just for participating, but the seemingly "regular" cars are awarded either for beating the lap times of professional racing drivers or posting a lap time better than 90% of all the participants.

I usually don't cut corners but I can see it becoming a useful time saver. I just want some of those cars as quickly as possible.

That's not something I'd normally do, but I got curious when the ghost I was following was taking some interesting lines through some of the corners. :lol:

What I don't understand is that the value of prize cars rewarded seems to be inverse to how much effort is required to obtain them.

Players are awarded Forza Edition cars just for participating, but the seemingly "regular" cars are awarded either for beating the lap times of professional racing drivers or posting a lap time better than 90% of all the participants.

I guess they figured it'd be sort of a dick move to lock the car everybody wants behind a very high fence, and hand out consolation prizes to everybody else? But then, that begs the question, "why would they lock that content in the first place"... A desire to keep a high number of users even as the title grows old may be the answer to that, but it wasn't really a problem in past Forza games, was it?

You can exploit a whole lot of track limits and keep a clean lap on the road course, there's one corner in particular that's absolutely ridiculous. Assuming the guys stick to the actual track and don't use those exploits it should be incredibly easy.

There's the first corner:
1266vdw.jpg

Then the little chicane right after turn 2 that you can just run straight through:
ayu0r7.jpg

This one is the most ridiculous, you can plow straight through the tire wall at the end of the infield straight and it'll stay clean (plowing through the tires will obviously slow you down; but clear yourself a path for your second lap ) :
281573s.jpg

And this corner as you're coming off the banking before getting on again:
1494aaf.jpg

I thought Hockenheim was bad but this is completely insane. There's got to be at least a good second to gain just with the tire wall exploit...

I always race with the Braking Line On. Because without it, I just space out and forget. Cutting the corners, I am lousy at it. 90% of the time I get flagged, or end up offline and go out of bounds. I tried it, even blasting out the tires at that one turn, but I defer to the experts. I raced along the lines, and cut my time down to 1:13.666. I just hope that I can at the very least stay in the Top 25 %. Which I am, at both events.

Well great, both Hinchcliffe and Newgarden are faster than me... :lol:

The oval is the most infuriating thing in the world and I absolutely hate it in these cars.

Last edited:
38.856 on the oval, 1:12.693 on the road course. I don't see myself getting any faster.

The difference between me and Hinchcliffe on the oval is terribly small. Fingers crossed he won't suddenly improve a lot because that Alfa Romeo is almost mine.

I hate how I am hitting the revlimiter just before turn one and three on the oval; it's killing my times.

Improved to 38.392 on the oval. Faster than Daly again and just 0.08 behind Hinch.

Latest Posts

Back