Indycars on GT6?

This magazine claimed they would be i n GT5

https://www.gtplanet.net/night-racing-weather-indy-cars-irl-confirmed-for-gt5/

Then retracted that statement later

https://www.gtplanet.net/no-indy-cars-for-gran-turismo-5/

My guess is they were planned to be included in GT5 but where pulled at the last second. Perhaps PD ran out of time? Remember karts were not planned to be in GT5 but because they were revealed accidentally Kaz went ahead and added them.

My guess is PD has the Indycar license and will add the cars for GT6. Why else would the Playstation Magazine say it had "exclusive" info that the cars would be in Gran Turismo? I think PD told them they were working on it so they spilled the beans

Anyone else thinking of Dan Wheldon speaking of which?

What does that have anything to do with Indycar in GT6?

Yes, he died. I don't like it as much as the next guy, but that really has nothing to do with this thread...

Ahem.
Indycar would be sort of neat, especially if they included the Road and Oval variants.

It really doesn't make a diference for me. I'm more into street cars and GT classes. But hey, as long as they fix everything that needs to be fixed, and add the cars that people are asking for, THEN they can add Indy, or any other race series.

Also, as long as it is not just a waste of space and effort like Nascar, WRC and mostly the F1 cars. If they add such series, at least give them a proper championship.

I've brought up this topic in multiple threads, and think it would be a great idea for many reasons. Firstly, less licensing money. This will be loads cheaper than attempting to secure F1, and also much easier. IndyCar would be begging Kaz to include them for some much needed publicity, not us begging Bernie for F1. Also, some road courses IndyCar uses are also used by ALMS, which was also suspected to be in the works for GT5. It would resemble the older F1 cars in terms of more power, as well.

Someone tell me if I'm mistaken about ALMS, I remember hearing about a license for GT class cars somewhere along the line.

CAM
I've brought up this topic in multiple threads, and think it would be a great idea for many reasons. Firstly, less licensing money. This will be loads cheaper than attempting to secure F1, and also much easier. IndyCar would be begging Kaz to include them for some much needed publicity, not us begging Bernie for F1. Also, some road courses IndyCar uses are also used by ALMS, which was also suspected to be in the works for GT5. It would resemble the older F1 cars in terms of more power, as well.

Someone tell me if I'm mistaken about ALMS, I remember hearing about a license for GT class cars somewhere along the line.

Probably PD did mentioned it in a magazine as they usually do and eventually never happens.

I would definitely prefer ALMS in Gran Turismo 6. That would spark my interest in full racing machines again. That would certainly be amazing!

I love all the features they claimed the game would have..

• 1,000+ vehicles
  • All vehicles have modeled cockpits (170 premium cars will have interior damage modeling)
  • All vehicles will have both physical and mechanical damage modeling
  • Indy (IRL) cars and tracks
  • NASCAR cars and track
  • Up to 16 players online
  • High-definition video uploads directly to YouTube
  • Multi-display rendering
  • Head-tracking
  • Full weather and night racing on all tracks
  • Night/Day on all tracks

No wonder people where disappointed, I forgot how over-hyped GT5 was. :guilty:

I hope to have more real life series in GT6, such as Indycar or ALMS. That way we wouldn't need to run the Indy 500 with LMP cars. :yuck:

GT5 Claims:
  • 1,000+ vehicles
  • All vehicles have modeled cockpits (170 premium cars will have interior damage modeling)
  • All vehicles will have both physical and mechanical damage modeling
  • Indy (IRL) cars and tracks
  • NASCAR cars and track
  • Up to 16 players online
  • High-definition video uploads directly to YouTube
  • Multi-display rendering
  • Head-tracking
  • Full weather and night racing on all tracks
  • Night/Day on all tracks

I've never heard of these claims for GT5, but I was still disappointed when I played it.

Maybe, would add a viariety of different open wheeled cars in GT. I think that the older Champ Car series should also be in the game.
A wider range of open wheelers would go down well I believe. If Champ Cars were to be included I personally would love to see the inclusion of the '94 Penske PC23, as well as the Ferrari 637; the car that the Scuderia built in 1986 as part of a threat to leave F1 for CART, unhappy with regulation changes in F1. Thankfully they didn't leave in the end but still, I'd love it were this car added in the game. Unfortunately it probably won't be as obtaining performance data for the car would be far from the easiest task in the world.

f637.jpg

Why else would the Playstation Magazine say it had "exclusive" info that the cars would be in Gran Turismo? I think PD told them they were working on it so they spilled the beans
Maybe. Or perhaps it was a made up story as to boost sales? Sounds unlikely for the official PlayStation magazine I know, but it's the media. Nobody is squeaky-clean in that business...

It really doesn't make a diference for me. I'm more into street cars and GT classes. But hey, as long as they fix everything that needs to be fixed, and add the cars that people are asking for, THEN they can add Indy, or any other race series.

Also, as long as it is not just a waste of space and effort like Nascar, WRC and mostly the F1 cars. If they add such series, at least give them a proper championship.
Couldn't agree more, Husky! 👍 There's no point in these cars being added if they're not implemented properly, with their own series. If PD can manage that however then there's no reason they shouldn't be part of GT6! :)

Back