Info on GT5

• Thread starter askia47
  • 26 comments
While number 4 has yet to come there is rumor about GT5. As it turns out GT4 will be the last full GT for the PS2. GT5 will come out for Sony's new system.

Yea I'd believe that, the PS2 can only realistically be competitve for another year or two....:clock:

(I wonder how powerful the PS3 will be? 💡 )

Originally posted by alexy2k
Yea I'd believe that, the PS2 can only realistically be competitve for another year or two....:clock:

(I wonder how powerful the PS3 will be? 💡 )

According to almighty SONY, it will be AT LEAST 16 TIMES MORE POWERFUL THAN PS2!

it makes sense...

GT1 and GT2 were on PS1, GT3 and GT4 are on PS2, GT5 and probably GT6 will be on PS3...

GC, what do you mean? I'm already playing GT5 now...I'm driving the new Mazda Nex-tourer...pretty sweet...

Originally posted by CloneHead

According to almighty SONY, it will be AT LEAST 16 TIMES MORE POWERFUL THAN PS2!

:thumbsup: That would be nice..

I wonder what design the guys at Sony will think up for the next console? :computer:

well as that guy said (don't even bother trying to remember his name) as long as there is cars there will always be gran turismo makes you feel kinda :( then :D and finally this :P

Originally posted by CloneHead

Yes this is trure. I remember reading something about Sony putting together a little experiment with 16 ps2 just to get the idea and look as to what the ps3 would be able to put out. But in my opinion i think it will be alot more powerful then that at the end. :P

Sony was planning on as much as 1000 times as powerful...not 16...I know PS2 will be at LEAST 100 times more powerful then PS2, PS2 was 150 times more powerful then PS1

Originally posted by Earth
I know PS2 will be at LEAST 100 times more powerful then PS2, PS2 was 150 times more powerful then PS1

:confused: Run that by me again? :lol: It's ok Earth :earth: think I know what you mean :smilewink....

At the minute It's probably wise to say all this is just speculation, PS3 could be 16x more powerful than PS2, it could be 1000...
Who Knows?

I heard another rumour that there's talk of scrapping Discs :floppy: and downloading games via optic fibers from Sony Servers :computer:, anyone know more? :D

Originally posted by alexy2k

I heard another rumour that there's talk of scrapping Discs :floppy: and downloading games via optic fibers from Sony Servers :computer:, anyone know more? :D

Not likely, within the next few years, they'll have enough trouble getting their internet conection up an running smoothly by then for the PS2... programmers will rely on that when they see it, right? so you won't see that game downloading for another 4-5 years I'm guessing.

Guessing.

OK, here's what i found after 5 min. searching:

It looks like PS3 could be using the power of the processor being developed by Sony, Toshiba and IBM.

In an interview with The Famitsu Weekly, Shinichi Okamoto, Chief Technical Officer at Sony announced the possible power of the PlayStation 3. According to Mr. Okamoto, the PlayStation 3 could be using the processor currently codenamed, “CELL”. The processor is being co-developed by Sony, Toshiba, and IBM and, according to available information; it will be capable of a trillion floating-point operations per second (FLOPS). To give an idea of the pure power that could mean we look at the PS2, which can do about 6.2 billion FLOPS.

CELL is scheduled for completion by 2005.

The simple point PS2 is going to be more then 16x more powerfull

All consoles have beat their predecessor by at least 100x

your right there Earth, ya know the gamecube is that over 100x more powerful than the N64 or not? i am not saying i like the console but to make sure that its true.

Originally posted by Meglomaniac
your right there Earth, ya know the gamecube is that over 100x more powerful than the N64 or not? i am not saying i like the console but to make sure that its true.

N64 had 400,000 polygons

Game cube has 75,000,000

So I would say over 100 times

damn, this is nuts. its awesome that games keep getting better, but shelling out 300 bucks every few years, just to keep up, is not fun.

everytime a new system comes out, u are stuck with a lump of junk that u will never use again. i definately never use my n64 anymore. and the snes is still collecting dust from the last turnover.

damn! this is expensive.

I hope that this mighty PS3 will be backward compatible as the PS2, and I mean all the games and accesories, like the logitech GT steering wheel and the PSone 5 in. monitor screen.

And most of all, all our cars in our saved garages GT1, 2, 3, and 4 will be included in our garage in GT5 (another backward-capability).

Oh Boy!!!

Originally posted by SaleenASL
damn, this is nuts. its awesome that games keep getting better, but shelling out 300 bucks every few years, just to keep up, is not fun.

everytime a new system comes out, u are stuck with a lump of junk that u will never use again. i definately never use my n64 anymore. and the snes is still collecting dust from the last turnover.

damn! this is expensive.

Ah well you see you could have sold the Snes and N64 before you bought the PS2? :2cents:
Ok you'd not get pennies now but a year or so back the may have had some value :clock:.... It's a good idea to sell consoles as soon as you know you don't want them :smilewink, leaving them to collect dust for years will increase depreciation of value.

Back