Initial D Trueno

• Thread starter dustin-19
  • 79 comments
Nah, i don't. :| Maybe AE86Driver could help you though ;)

So, he's been in this thread (AE86 Driver) and he didn't even answer your question. Must've forgotten i guess :lol:

*pulls a homer* doh!uh...well...I have been slightly busy with Legaia 2 and answering other forums,but here's the best solution that I can give you to try...for beginners/amatuers,try this -----

first things first,turn the ASM down to Level 0 along with the TCS as well,unless you wanna keep it like I do,at Level 1,but it's just up to you basically..

next,you can either buy some Simulation tyres,or go with just straight out Normal tyres,or hell..maybe even try what I did at one point in time...Sports on the Rear and Normal on the Front ^_^.

I'm really not too great to rely on when it comes to settings,cause I don't like sharing the settings I have on my cars..it's kinda like just lettin' you drive my car ya know?no hard feelings really,but it's just the way I am =P.

the best advice I could give you is PM Cudaman and ask him for settings =D,he's a great help to EVERYBODY when it comes to drifting,mostly everybody will agree with me as well..for all of you who have either heard of him,or watched his Gran Dorifto vids ^_^,hehe

AE86Driver

get a trueno,
turn off ASC and TCS
and slap on some sim tires!

it's sort of slow stock, so if you have the money, get a NA Stage 1 upgrade.

with that, you can probably drift np!

oh and if you have the SS version, just get some sim tires and you're on your way! :)

ummm...you're probably not thick,but is it american?nah,not COMPLETELY...you might wanna go also read the thread called,"What is Initial D?" in the TV & Movies section as well =D,I gave the best summary I could about it,but I'm also not that good at making summaries,so you might wanna check out the guys that posted there as well..hehe,but I still think mines the best =P.oh,by the way,Dustin ---- why are you so determined to find out the settings for the Trueno from Initial D anyways?first off,I don't think any of us are THAT good at tuning a Trueno the way Bunta did (god knows what he did to it) and besides,even if you did get the settings to the "Initial D Trueno" that doesn't mean you're just gonna drive like Takumi.Kid,it's all a matter of practice..it works this way with any vehicle...so remember,it's not the car that's the one spinning out all the time cause it can't hang a hairpin curve..it's the driver ^_^.

AE86Driver

P.S. by the way Dustin,no hard feelings okay?I was just explaining the situation..I wasn't dissin' you dude ^_^

oh yeah,forgot to mention one more thing to Jez.When I said that it wasn't american COMPLETELY,I was referring to how this anime company called TOKYOPOP is changing some stuff in it,to try and make it american,so some people can understand it.they're even changing the names of the cars,so people won't get confused on what a Trueno or EG6 is ^_^,I thought that was so stupid..but,oh well...maybe if I get it on DVD,I can still get the Japanese Dialogue with English Subtitles =D!

AE86Driver

Thanks AE86DRIVER, but i already kind of knew it (just trying to see if anyone knew again just to make sure). What would be the best way to practice drifting?

Originally posted by dustin-19
So what is the closest to Takumi's Trueno posible based on just his car's stats from internet, merchendise, etc.?

If you want the exact replica of Takumi's Trueno, win the Shigeno(sp?) AE86. Thats suppossed to be a replica of the car. It looks different from anime because its based of the manga. That is what the Trueno will look like in later yet to be released episodes. And S. Shigeno is the author of the manga. Dont know the exact name.

his name is somethin' like Shuichi Shigeno or somethin' close to it,I can't exactly remember,but anyways...here's something that I thought that looked quite interesting..the name changes found on this website ------

Takumi - Tak
Itsuki - Iggy
Cole - Kouichirou
Natalie - Natsuki
Boss - Yuuichi
Ry - Ryousuke
K.T. - Keisuke
Zack - Takeshi
Maya - Mako
Simone - Sayuki
Kyle - Kyouichi
Hawk - Seiji
Aki - Wataru (hey Tokyopop, Aki is not a Western name you retards!)
Carrie - Kazumi (Wataru's sister)
----------------------------------------

here's also a summary of Initial D from the same website,so you can read it if ya want,but I haven't read it yet,so I don't know how well it was typed out,check it out =D
---------------------------------------
=========================
==2. What is Initial D?==
=========================

Initial D is a popular anime and manga that takes place in the Gunma prefecture
in Japan. The main character is Takumi Fujiwara, a 18 year old boy who became
a drift style road racer. Takumi is in high school and has a job at the GS Gas
Station (Esso in the manga.) Itsuki Takeuchi (Takumi's friend) and Kouichirou
Iketani (the leader of the Akina Speed Stars) were working at the station, and
they were talking about cars and drift techniques. When Takumi asked them what
they were talking about and they laughed at him for his "stupidity" when it
comes to cars.

One night, Keisuke Takahashi of the popular Akagi Red Suns group was driving
his Mazda RX-7 Type-R on Akina Mt. Then a Hachiroku (literally means "eight
six") came up from behind him and then they basically raced and Keisuke was
defeated by the Hachiroku, or an OLD Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86. Keisuke, was
pissed that his superior RX-7 was defeated by a old AE86!

Meanwhile, Kouichirou was working, Yuuichi Tachibana (his boss) told him that
the fastest driver in Akina is a man driving a Hachi Roku and owns a Tofu shop.
Kouichirou then finds out that it's Bunta Fujiwara, Takumi's father. One
night, Kouichirou was driving on Akina to improve his driving skills for his
match against the Red Suns, but he got into a huge accident and was put in
a neck brace. He then calls Bunta, asking if he can drive for him. Bunta said
it's a 50/50 chance that he can make it.

Race Night. The Red Suns were waiting. Keisuke was ready to race against his
opponent. IF he shows up that is. Then the Truneo AE86 showed up. But to the
shock of everyone, Takumi steps out of the car. The Speed Stars were afraid
because Takumi didn't know a thing about cars. He then said that he beat RX-7
Type-R before. That's when Kouichirou realises that it wasn't Bunta that was
the fastest. It was Takumi!

I won't spoil the race but I will tell how Takumi started to drift. When he
was 13, he was delivering Tofu to a hotel on top of Akina Mountain late at
night. Takumi hated the fact that he was losing sleep so he can deliver tofu.
Bunta gave him a cup of water to put in the cupholder. He told Takumi, not to
spill any of the water, or the Tofu will break. At first, Takumi was spilling
a lot of water, but Bunta told him to "circle" the water, so Takumi did and
started to drift. Then he was driving and drifting so fast so he can get home
to sleep, NOT to improve his skills!

That's it. Go buy the First Stage on DVD to find out more! Just becareful.
Some places are selling copied versions of the DVD. Do not buy the copied
versions unless you KNOW that your DVD player can play the copied versions
(some can't!).

AE86Driver

hehehe :lol:

I believe you win the AE86 (Shigeno Version) in the FR Challenge in Amatuer League..or wait..was the Professional League?it IS considered as a Class A car you know :D.oh yeah,I just got into playin' GTConcept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva and I got the NSX Type R,it's white and got a Carbon Fibered hood ^_^,joy! :lol:

AE86Driver

quote from AE :
Takumi - Tak
Itsuki - Iggy
Cole - Kouichirou
Natalie - Natsuki
Boss - Yuuichi
Ry - Ryousuke
K.T. - Keisuke
Zack - Takeshi
Maya - Mako
Simone - Sayuki
Kyle - Kyouichi
Hawk - Seiji
Aki - Wataru (hey Tokyopop, Aki is not a Western name you retards!)
Carrie - Kazumi (Wataru's sister)

how come the names are like... so messed?

the site you got it from must have mixed up the japanese parts.. cuz they put takumi and itsuki in the american part instead of the japanese part..

yeah,no kiddin',I noticed that as well,but I didn't fix it.wonder why?ah,I guess I'm just a little lazy like that I suppose :lol:

why don't Tokyopop make it easy on themselves and just keep the names and everything else the same anyways?why would they give Seiji the name HAWK anyways?that's just plain stupid..along with all the other names.and preferably,I hope they don't change the music from the ORIGINAL Initial D series,cause I don't think I could handle listening to Bunta drift with country music,or even Nakazato (well...Zack =P) racing against Takumi with some Metallica music playin' in the background :odd:.I ain't got nothin' against Metallica,but it just wouldn't be right ya know Half?

AE86Driver

because they wanted to market it in the USA

which was hella stupid just to change the names so that the citizens of the US can understand it in their own language

*sigh*

yeah,no kiddin'...I thought that was pretty stupid as well =P.It's like,"oh my god!the average Joe can't pronounce Takumi!!he's an american!it's the end of the anime series!!!" I mean,come on,don't you think they should've kept it original instead of being stupid and just puttin' it to where the americans can put it in their own cheap way? (I'm pretty sure you feel the same way,eh?) by the way..do you see Bunta's name on there any where?*shakes his head* nope...watch them go off and name him somethin' like Bob or somethin' cheap =P,boy I hope not

AE86Driver

P.S. this post wasn't to offend anybody with the name of Joe or Bob,just thought I'd let you guys know that :P

Hi mr average joe
welcome to pronounciation 101:
takumi is pronounced :
Tah-ku-me

and, yeah my nick is bob, :P no worries though

can't agree more on the metal music......
they mess up the show if they change stuff... ><

metal music?

edit: lol :lol: i just found it :lol:
yea, just imagine Initial D with BRITNEY SPEARS music in the background, or even pop

Disclaimer
i'm not trying to discriminate any kind of music in any posts that i am posting

Latest Posts

Back