Inspiring Drift Video?

• Thread starter Mind SV
  • 80 comments
Boundary Layer
Idea 3 was done by DD awhile back. Worked well for their clip [3 laps at DF on xlink] - but I'm not certain how well it'd work for a compilation video as is planned here. ...it's not really an inspiring song.

I just throwed it into the ideas if anyone would suddenly see some great potential in it. But I didn't know DD used it before.

Edit: Fixed;)

how about something from initial d, it worked pretty well in my vid....right?....right? :lol: ok mayb not :ouch:

hoobastank - crawling in the darkness 👍

I like how this is actually getting attention. Nice thread/idea Drift King:)

AND SHUT UP ABOUT INITIAL D:lol:

j/k;)

Thank you

Initial D is cool and all but the music is REALLY Overused

We could use a U2 song possibly, maybe as the song to startout on 👍

Crawling in the darkness is good , here are some of mine

Junction 18 - Granite Street Knife Fight
All American Rejects - Move Along
Robbie Williams - A Man For All Seasons
The FUps - Lazy Generation
ACDC - Thunderstruck
Sum 41 - No Reason
Goldfinger - Counting the Days
Blink 182 - Stockholm Syndrome
Less Than Jake - All My Friends Are Metal Heads

👍 Download some of them and see which ones make you want to drift

AIM = Lamborghini 1260
Xfire = perfectsniper

i dont have msn

~Drift King~
All American Rejects - Move Along
Goldfinger - Counting the Days

not to offend or criticize your musical tastes [because they don't veer a whole lot from my own]... but how the hell would you correograph [sp?] clips to either of those???
I know both of em, and I'm trying to put it together in my head - but I just can't imagine it :lol: They are the farthest kind of thing I'd immediately associate with drifting.

You need some heavy driving metal or 80's hair band music, or at least something that isn't played 24/7 on the radio [as TRi suggested]; something with energy and not just teen boys whining about their latest breakup, or the fun they had friday night. Pop and pop-punk has never felt like a fit, imo - It might be alright to listen to, but much more fitting in Tony Hawks than a drift vid.

...disclaimer: this is all BL's personal opinion

I agree, it's not about your own personal taste here, it's about how the music will fit compared to drifting. Some of my favorite songs will never fit with drifting clips, however it works the other way around too.

Unknown songs will help to keep the feel in it. If I see a clip with music I already know then it is much more boring. Because I have my own thoughts about that movie and stuff and suddenly they're mixed with drifting.

U2 would be cool, they have cool songs, but again thats very known music.
I hope Tri has some songs too, he always picked nice fitting songs.

In order for the video to be some what suprising I think we should pick a song not from metallica, tool, Linking Park, Initial D or know bands like U2.

I'm glad that a lot of people are interested in this little project.

But in my humble opinion, I think any good drift video would be a great inspirational video.

I only got one idea for a song am.....

Tom Cochran - Life Is A Highway. I just thoght the theme would sorta suit.

I have some Blitz Skyline Drifting down on grand valley

i think at this time more focus should be put into the actual drifting and organization of clips rather than the music it will go to. I.E. themes, locations, cars, styles, consistancies, etc. music can then be decided on what directions will be taken.

The list of people i know are doing this are posted in the first post

Get Drifting Boys

GT4 and GT3 clips we can use

you're going to use GT3? That sounds a little odd. :odd: What's the deal there?:confused:

well swift i thought if we were going to inspire people to dirft we might as well inspire them to drift in both

becuase many can drift in GT3 but they cant in GT4 , so we show them that it is possible

that was my thinking but if people dont like that idea we can change it

~Drift King~
well swift i thought if we were going to inspire people to dirft we might as well inspire them to drift in both

becuase many can drift in GT3 but they cant in GT4 , so we show them that it is possible

that was my thinking but if people dont like that idea we can change it

I don't think that's the main idea of the video...proving to people that it is possible to drift in GT4?

Shouldn't it be more towards making a totally awesome video to inspire people to start drifting?

well, i've got some ideas for the music
P.O.D. - Boom
P.O.D. - Youth of the Nation
Cradle of filthy - Hallowed be thy name (already told)

OK guys so far i have a few nice looking drifts goin on.

heres what i have:

Blitz Skyline on grand Vally after the tight hairpin.
Kpgc10 GT-R on ssr5 after the tunnel
S13 Silvia on Trail Mountain.

Ill upload when i renew my net account.

Which should be tomorrow.

cmon guys start drifting

btw who wants to edit, send the clips to that person or just post them in this thread

Damn man I got some sweet drift moments, especially where the camera work just seems perfect.

I got one clip where I was racing a race modified FPV GT on the Nurenburgring, but I then halfway I began trying to drift the same settings. When watching the replay I was suddenly amazed by how cool one little fraction looked. It was a corner where I ended too wide and came with my back in the dirt but the front was on the curb stones. The camera was positioned right at those curb stones so suddenly you see the car coming towards the cam with dust behind it and it goes directly across the camera, then the camera turns around to follow the car and you just see the sparks coming off the car while it comes back over the curb stones on the road again.
That all in one split second:drool::dopey::D

I could make 2 pictures on the moment where the car approaches and the sparks it creates. I might just use the camera again to film that fragment and post it up. It looks so sweet

:lol:

I though my PC was bugged, but the site is. There's actually no download here.

Oh well I can't wait to see the result though.

if you guys are going to fuse Gt3 with Gt4, you should use the song" when the worlds collide- Powerman5000"

Well, a single person can do it...what inspired me to do some AWd drifting was your video's FI or other people's drifting

this is what i have on hand so far

Nissan Skyline GTR R34 V Spec II N-1 - Linking the 3 corners after the left sweeper at apricot hill. (im gunna try to link the left sweep with the 3 corners and capture it)

Back